Hacking _DS_MSHL.NDS and the R4 shortcut...

Tac 21

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
its not working anymore.

I was backing up my files onto a new memeory card and lost my old moonshell. While, I got a new one from the internet (tried both the prepatched R4 website and patching it myself) and its not working! (the shortcut isn't anyway, I want it to work 100%) futhermore, the writing is little different on this one in Moonshell, and when ever I want to save changes and soft reset, this weird loading screen comes up and freezes the DS.

What can I do? don't anyone have an old Moonshell file that they can share? I don't want to do anything to make it worse.

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This happened to me I delete the kernal from my MicroSD on my R4. Then I just downloaded it again from there site. r4ds.com. And then just placed it back and it worked.

TheDestroyer

GBAtemp's Official Keyblade Master™
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Same thing happen to me long time ago.. what moonshell are you using? try re-format your card.. and then put fresh R4 kernel v1.18 (its more stable) and moonshell 2.02 stable.. here: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=139532

put moonshl2 and moonshl2.nds on root of SD card and rename moonshl2.nds to _DS_MSHL.nds

If that does not solve it.. we'll see... =]

Tac 21

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
thanks guys- I found it to work when I redownloaded 1.18 firmwire- the moonshelll comes with it is alittle different, then I deleted the old _DS_Menu and it worked.

thanks a bunch- I will try moonshell 2 again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/NGOSybO-5R4?si=SmiQ0UaynHR80xC9