_DS_MSHL.NDS and the R4 shortcut...

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Tac 21, Jul 10, 2009.

1. Tac 21
    OP

Tac 21 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 2, 2008
    Canada
    its not working anymore.

I was backing up my files onto a new memeory card and lost my old moonshell. While, I got a new one from the internet (tried both the prepatched R4 website and patching it myself) and its not working! (the shortcut isn't anyway, I want it to work 100%) futhermore, the writing is little different on this one in Moonshell, and when ever I want to save changes and soft reset, this weird loading screen comes up and freezes the DS.

What can I do? don't anyone have an old Moonshell file that they can share? I don't want to do anything to make it worse.

2. Jakob95

Jakob95 I am the Avatar

Suspended
    Jan 15, 2009
    United States
    New York City
    This happened to me I delete the kernal from my MicroSD on my R4. Then I just downloaded it again from there site. r4ds.com. And then just placed it back and it worked.

3. TheDestroyer

TheDestroyer GBAtemp's Official Keyblade Masterâ„¢

May 5, 2009
    United States
    My Destroyed Village
    Same thing happen to me long time ago.. what moonshell are you using? try re-format your card.. and then put fresh R4 kernel v1.18 (its more stable) and moonshell 2.02 stable.. here: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=139532

put moonshl2 and moonshl2.nds on root of SD card and rename moonshl2.nds to _DS_MSHL.nds

If that does not solve it.. we'll see... =]

4. Tac 21
    OP

Tac 21 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 2, 2008
    Canada
    thanks guys- I found it to work when I redownloaded 1.18 firmwire- the moonshelll comes with it is alittle different, then I deleted the old _DS_Menu and it worked.

thanks a bunch- I will try moonshell 2 again.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice