Gaming 999 theories on True Ending

gameandmatch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
actually that what Junpei said to confuse Ace since he has that problem where he can not tell what people faces are.

Ramonra said:
Zero is not Akane. We learn that from preview B. Which says
"Unfortunately, that's the wrong answer. Actually...I'm Santa"

Also, there would be no Zero if little Kanny died. Of course, there's the chance of the time something.
Kanny was saved in the past --->Kanny exists in the future so that Kanny is saved in the past.

But I don't think this game would come up with that, what was confirmed with preview B.

We were made think Akane was Zero because of that if the guys knew Santa was Zero, they wouldn't react...nicely.

Of course, that's what I think, and what in my opinion, is clear enough from Preview B.

Yoshi2186

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've done a little bit of research on other forums, and here's what I've taken away from it, along with my own opinions:

It can be proven that Zero and Akane are the same person. In the True Ending, Santa tells Junpei that "he's not Zero, but Zero's assistant" and also that Junpei was brought there to save Akane from her death nine years ago.

Seven would have had to omit the fact that Akane never died from Junpei before reaching the incinerator when he regained his memory. If he didn't, then Junpei wouldn't have (at least, seemingly) believed that young Akane was communicating with him through the morphogenetic field that she accessed. Junpei needed to believe that he really was being contacted by the Akane of nine years ago, who saw the interior of the Gigantic, then died in the incinerator to believe that she could be saved.

As for Alice--I believe that she was, in fact, the hitchhiker that the five saw in the car at the end of the game. However, that said, it poses questions in itself. Did her body, in the coffin, escape from the Gigantic somehow? How would she have known to hitchhike? How did she reach Building Q? Nobody really knows.

Something perhaps not focused on the core of 999, but I want to briefly delve into something Junpei says at the end of the true ending. He says (in reference to Akane, and after hearing her voice) "I must really be crazy about that girl if I can hear her voice in the wind." Is Junpei saying that he physically hears her voice, or is this another morphogenetic field? Even though Akane was supposed to be a transmitter, we see Seven taking the kids away from the Gigantic, and can assume she never saw the desert Junpei ends up in at all. Is this in Junpei's head, his one admittance of his feelings for Akane? (Also referenced in the beginning of every playthrough).

Also, some side questions I'd like to pose:

With the second Nonary Game being posed by Zero (Akane), we can see why Ace, Snake, Santa, Clover, Junpei, Seven, and the 9th Man (I don't remember his name off the top of my head) were chosen to play the second Nonary Game. However, I don't understand why June and Lotus were chosen as well.

In a part of the True Ending, Akane mentions two children who were on the Gigantic--Aoi and Nona. We already know that Santa's real name is Aoi Kurashiki. In the Sub Ending, Lotus tells Junpei and Seven that she has two children, named Aoi and Nona--and that they disappeared for nine days. However, we know Aoi's last name is Kurashiki, so that's questionable. However, Nona's gender is never specified (to my knowledge), so perhaps her other daughter was in Building Q while her supposed daughter Nona was on the Gigantic.

Next, I come to June. How does June exist in Building Q? Is June a manifestation of young Akane seeing what Junpei does inside of Building Q? June is also the name of the last thing that Junpei gave Akane when they were in elementary school--a voodoo doll. However, June, to me, is a warning system of sorts for Junpei. Every time her fever acts up, as many others have mentioned, Junpei is close to creating an alternate timeline (that Akane can determine) where young Akane cannot be saved. But, for her to be in the second Nonary Game, wouldn't she have to be a separate person? How can June and Akane (as Zero) both simultaneously exist?

KrnAnt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yoshi2186 said:
Next, I come to June. How does June exist in Building Q? Is June a manifestation of young Akane seeing what Junpei does inside of Building Q? June is also the name of the last thing that Junpei gave Akane when they were in elementary school--a voodoo doll. However, June, to me, is a warning system of sorts for Junpei. Every time her fever acts up, as many others have mentioned, Junpei is close to creating an alternate timeline (that Akane can determine) where young Akane cannot be saved. But, for her to be in the second Nonary Game, wouldn't she have to be a separate person? How can June and Akane (as Zero) both simultaneously exist?

When Clover poses the possibility of one of the 8 of them being Zero, if you chose the option agreeing with her the reasoning behind that is explained, even though it isn't directly connected. Everything is automated so that Zero can take part in the game and manipulate the game. Akane/June/Zero is 9, which they explain is the most powerful number in the Nonary game. Santa/Aoi is 0. Since they are working together, they could fairly easily manipulate the game. Their chosen numbers are 3 and 6, which add up to 9. As long as they go together it hides this. This basically enables Akane to be June and Zero at the same time. I also read the the answers link someone posted before and your theory on June being a warning system is correct.

Orlabib

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
[FIRST OF ALL IF YOU DON'T WANT SPOILERS DON'T READ THIS. AND I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT THE **** YOU'RE DOING HERE SO STOP READING THIS
AND LEAVE THIS WEBSITE RIGHT NOW. IF YOU DON'T WANT TO LEAVE AND GET SPOILED THERE'S ONE PERSON TO BLAME.]

MY POST IS LONG BUT WILL SURELY CLEAR OUR MIND ABOUT MOST OF THE STORY AND ALSO WHAT I THINK OF WHAT THE ALICE PART IS ABOUT.

I finished this game not long ago and having played like 3 hours straight just to see the ending, my brain was like mud trying to connect
all the dots to figure out exactly what happened. After thinking it throught, theres still a couple of things that bugs me and I'm talking about
the past/present part with Akane since it's the core of the story not about the last part with Alice. Please guys reply and try to help me!

Here's what I understood and seems obvious after reading this blog:

1) Akane is Zero. It seems obvious since Santa tells you himself that he's not Zero and just an assistant.

2) The Nonary game has been played 9 years in the past to test/prove the existence of the Morphogenetic field. In the present however the reason
is to save Akane since it's directly told to the player at the ending scenes AND for revenge (it's obvious because of how Zero tricked Ace to kill one
of the mastermind of the nonary game 9 years ago AND the notes Ace was carrying telling him that he could "win/finish/get out the of the ship" also
by confessing his sins to the world (in front of the camera in the captain quarter)).

3) The Morphogenetic field is something available whatever the time/reality. The very proof of that is the fact that you have to complete the Safe ending
to be able to get the True ending. Once Jumpei is in front of the coffin in the True ending path he actually "hears himself say/know" what to do. He "hears
himself/know" even though the Safe path "never happened".

4) Even though this fact isn't obvious, I think that Seven was lying when he said that he was sure that Akane died 9 yeard ago. We have a hint about that at
the very end when they're in the car. When Jumpei is asking questions about things he didn't understand it goes like something like this: He ask Seven if he
was really sure if he saw Akane die in the incinerator. Then he tells himself: "unless Seven...". Then, the Narrator says that Jumpei wasn't sure but it seemed
like he saw that Seven was smiling. Think about it guys. Seven could easily have been part of Zero's team. I mean, he lost his memory... maybe it wasn't
true at all and he it was easy lying like that. And if Akane would've died what the **** is she doing in the present. It would be impossible. And if Akane is alive
because it's an alternate reality (let's say she never went in the incinerator and survived the Nonary game) would she really bother saving herself in another
reality? Santa would like think she's crazy and would never help her in the first place.

Raveflyz already told most of what I said and I think his explanation is what makes the most sense. But there's still things that bugs me:

1)First of all, Akane is Zero. Fine, but really... did she really plan all this? And, in the game she's acting like she has absolutely no idea what's going on. And she doesn't seem to be the kind of person who's good to act (by that I mean doing like if she doesn't know anything), who wants to take revenge. I mean, it's already hard for her not to blush in front of Jumpei, imagine if she had to hide stuff from him and everyone else! Another thing that bugs me is: Did really Santa and June planned all this? By that I mean putting all 6 others persons to sleep (kidnapping them), riding them to the Nevada preparing ALL the Nonary game (putting the game together and do all the programming). How did they do it???

2)Let's say she's saved by the mysterious voice of Jumpei. Why would they bother to do all the Nonary game again to save herself once more. Would she really pop out of the existence? Seems a bit over the edge. How would she know that the jumpei that talked to her was the Jumpei exacly from 9 years later?
Though, it SEEMS that's what really happened. A good hint is that when you take the wrong paths, June always have a huge fever. But still...

[SPOILERS SUBMARINE ENDING]
3)The last thing that bugs me and that I find that makes absolutely no sense is the submarine ending. Can anyone tell me WHAT THE **** happened???
Who is the "black silhouette"? It would make sense if it was Ace or Clover (if she went to the captain's quarter to get the Axe but I'm not sure) but they died too. It wouldn't make sense if it was Zero because it would compromise the main goal of the Nonary Game. The guy who wore Snakes outfit still died. The ONLY person that would make sense is the Captain. If no one went to the Captain quarter's, Ace wouldn't kill the Captain. And if the captain's drug effect disappeared, he could easily take the axe, maybe solve the room (he knows about the Nonary game thus he could have known what it was about) and kill everyone to get out. If somebody could verify that, it would be greatly appreciated. I'm lazy but I might try to do the Submarine path one more time. Something else to verify is if there was a way for the captain to unlock the doors already unlocked by getting the keys from the victims or it would still not make sense.

4) The Alice ending is pretty weird but here's what I think. Througout the game it's explained that some water became frozen (ALL-ICE which is why Alice would stay frozen) and some kinda product crystallised when it never ever happened before and STAYED that way. It's said that it's because of the Morphogetetic field. Well I think the part with Alice is just some wacky way to confirm that the Morphogenetic field REALLY exist. By messing with it (I'm talking about when Jumpei and June from the past talked to each other thus used the Morphogenetic field) they changed once again the property of the ALL-ICE. Seeing Alice in the end means that the ALL-ICE finally melt.
I think that way it makes a good closing actually. The story starts when the morphogenetic field has been discovered after the changing properties of some products and it's also the very reason of the first Nonary game 9 years ago: to prove it. And then, 9 years later, the story ends when the ALL-ICE finally melt
meaning end of story! =)

That's all. I'll post again if I "missed/rectify/think about"something. I hope I'm gonna get an answer to see if what I said made sense or if you know more than I do. I really want to know exacly what happened and get over it! I hope you guys do too. Thanks for your time!

nryn99

desu~
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Orlabib said:
-snip-
[title:FIRST OF ALL IF YOU DON'T WANT SPOILERS DON'T READ THIS. AND I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT THE **** YOU'RE DOING HERE SO STOP READING THIS
AND LEAVE THIS WEBSITE RIGHT NOW. IF YOU DON'T WANT TO LEAVE AND GET SPOILED THERE'S ONE PERSON TO BLAME.]

MY POST IS LONG BUT WILL SURELY CLEAR OUR MIND ABOUT MOST OF THE STORY AND ALSO WHAT I THINK OF WHAT THE ALICE PART IS ABOUT.

I finished this game not long ago and having played like 3 hours straight just to see the ending, my brain was like mud trying to connect
all the dots to figure out exactly what happened. After thinking it throught, theres still a couple of things that bugs me and I'm talking about
the past/present part with Akane since it's the core of the story not about the last part with Alice. Please guys reply and try to help me!

Here's what I understood and seems obvious after reading this blog:

1) Akane is Zero. It seems obvious since Santa tells you himself that he's not Zero and just an assistant.

2) The Nonary game has been played 9 years in the past to test/prove the existence of the Morphogenetic field. In the present however the reason
is to save Akane since it's directly told to the player at the ending scenes AND for revenge (it's obvious because of how Zero tricked Ace to kill one
of the mastermind of the nonary game 9 years ago AND the notes Ace was carrying telling him that he could "win/finish/get out the of the ship" also
by confessing his sins to the world (in front of the camera in the captain quarter)).

3) The Morphogenetic field is something available whatever the time/reality. The very proof of that is the fact that you have to complete the Safe ending
to be able to get the True ending. Once Jumpei is in front of the coffin in the True ending path he actually "hears himself say/know" what to do. He "hears
himself/know" even though the Safe path "never happened".

4) Even though this fact isn't obvious, I think that Seven was lying when he said that he was sure that Akane died 9 yeard ago. We have a hint about that at
the very end when they're in the car. When Jumpei is asking questions about things he didn't understand it goes like something like this: He ask Seven if he
was really sure if he saw Akane die in the incinerator. Then he tells himself: "unless Seven...". Then, the Narrator says that Jumpei wasn't sure but it seemed
like he saw that Seven was smiling. Think about it guys. Seven could easily have been part of Zero's team. I mean, he lost his memory... maybe it wasn't
true at all and he it was easy lying like that. And if Akane would've died what the **** is she doing in the present. It would be impossible. And if Akane is alive
because it's an alternate reality (let's say she never went in the incinerator and survived the Nonary game) would she really bother saving herself in another
reality? Santa would like think she's crazy and would never help her in the first place.

Raveflyz already told most of what I said and I think his explanation is what makes the most sense. But there's still things that bugs me:

1)First of all, Akane is Zero. Fine, but really... did she really plan all this? And, in the game she's acting like she has absolutely no idea what's going on. And she doesn't seem to be the kind of person who's good to act (by that I mean doing like if she doesn't know anything), who wants to take revenge. I mean, it's already hard for her not to blush in front of Jumpei, imagine if she had to hide stuff from him and everyone else! Another thing that bugs me is: Did really Santa and June planned all this? By that I mean putting all 6 others persons to sleep (kidnapping them), riding them to the Nevada preparing ALL the Nonary game (putting the game together and do all the programming). How did they do it???

2)Let's say she's saved by the mysterious voice of Jumpei. Why would they bother to do all the Nonary game again to save herself once more. Would she really pop out of the existence? Seems a bit over the edge. How would she know that the jumpei that talked to her was the Jumpei exacly from 9 years later?
Though, it SEEMS that's what really happened. A good hint is that when you take the wrong paths, June always have a huge fever. But still...

[SPOILERS SUBMARINE ENDING]
3)The last thing that bugs me and that I find that makes absolutely no sense is the submarine ending. Can anyone tell me WHAT THE **** happened???
Who is the "black silhouette"? It would make sense if it was Ace or Clover (if she went to the captain's quarter to get the Axe but I'm not sure) but they died too. It wouldn't make sense if it was Zero because it would compromise the main goal of the Nonary Game. The guy who wore Snakes outfit still died. The ONLY person that would make sense is the Captain. If no one went to the Captain quarter's, Ace wouldn't kill the Captain. And if the captain's drug effect disappeared, he could easily take the axe, maybe solve the room (he knows about the Nonary game thus he could have known what it was about) and kill everyone to get out. If somebody could verify that, it would be greatly appreciated. I'm lazy but I might try to do the Submarine path one more time. Something else to verify is if there was a way for the captain to unlock the doors already unlocked by getting the keys from the victims or it would still not make sense.

4) The Alice ending is pretty weird but here's what I think. Througout the game it's explained that some water became frozen (ALL-ICE which is why Alice would stay frozen) and some kinda product crystallised when it never ever happened before and STAYED that way. It's said that it's because of the Morphogetetic field. Well I think the part with Alice is just some wacky way to confirm that the Morphogenetic field REALLY exist. By messing with it (I'm talking about when Jumpei and June from the past talked to each other thus used the Morphogenetic field) they changed once again the property of the ALL-ICE. Seeing Alice in the end means that the ALL-ICE finally melt.
I think that way it makes a good closing actually. The story starts when the morphogenetic field has been discovered after the changing properties of some products and it's also the very reason of the first Nonary game 9 years ago: to prove it. And then, 9 years later, the story ends when the ALL-ICE finally melt
meaning end of story! =)

That's all. I'll post again if I "missed/rectify/think about"something. I hope I'm gonna get an answer to see if what I said made sense or if you know more than I do. I really want to know exacly what happened and get over it! I hope you guys do too. Thanks for your time!

CODE
blah blah
blah blah

Cosmic Blur

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have a point about Zero.

[Zero Theroy]

I may be missing some facts, but I know this happened. Junpei left Santa with June and ends up in the incinerator with some of the others. Junpei goes back for the other two, and finds June alone in the Chapel room.. He leaves (for a reason I cannot remmeber at this moment) and when he is back, June is gone and he has ran out of time. He has "lost the game".

However, Zero comes over the speaker and says "It is I who has lost,". Who has something to lose? Akane. She has now died nine years ago. Due to that paradox, she no longer exists and therefore Junpei cannot find her in the Chapel.

Reactions: 1 person

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Before I start, be warned, a lot of huge spoilers will be revealed here, so if you haven't finished the game with the true ending (ending no.1), do not read this.

First of all, we learn that Zero is Akane, and that her motives were revenge and saving her. That's the strange part. If Zero is Akane in the past comunicating with Junpei, who is the Akane in the present ? Since Junpei haven't saved her yet, how can she be there ? Also, I think she is too young to imagine a plan like that, even with the help of his brother. By the way, how did Zero/Akane do to comunicate with her brother ? My theory is that morphogenic fields are not affected by time and reality. So every memory of every Junpei has been written in the morphogenic field. That would be represented by all the alternate endings in the game. That means that the Akane from the past know every possibilities, and used that knowledge to create a scenario in which Junpei was able to help her. But still, it doesn't explain how Akane from the future is still alive since Seven and Aoi(Santa, her brother) saw her die... Or maybe it was in a alternate reality, and then the Akane saved by Junpei is not the one in this reality... Anyway. If someone can explain me that part of the story
tongue.gif

And if I'm not wrong, the woman doing hitchhiking in the desert is Alice. Who did free her, and why ? I thought that the coffin was already empty when Ace discoverd it, even so, what does she do in the Nevada desert ? She was supposed to be in the Gigantic. And I will ignore the fact that I don't think that doing hitchhiking was a common thing in ancient egypt...

I'm not bothering to read any of the rest of the thread, i'm just going to answer your questions

Akane in the present is Akane. She's alive because Junpei saved her in the past. It's a paradox. That's why when you start taking the wrong route, Akane gets sick and eventually disappears, since she couldn't have existed in that timeline, because Junpei didn't save her in it. Santa/Seven seeing her die is a little more complicated to explain, and frankly i'm too lazy to, lol. Suffice it to say, it's because it was an option...and a likely one at that, that she would die. Assuming you take the right route, Akane suddenly didn't die in the past, but that doesn't alter what those two saw in the past. If you want a (way better) and more detailed explanation, google it. It's been explained a lot, that's just a small bit of what I remember. (haven't played 999 in ages)

It was pretty clearly Alice. I, and many others, believe it to just be a joke to finish off the game on a good note. It's more for shits n giggles then anything else. The only thing I remember Alice even doing in the main story was proving they were in the fake Ship, because she wasn't there...thus proving they weren't on the real Gigantic. That and it was a nice side story...

mohdhm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
goodness i just made an account to post this:

It seems that there was in fact a time paradox thing going on, and that kanny cannot continue to exist without Jumpy saving here. Infact this time paradox reminds me of something VERY similar in the writer's other work. Revealing the other game would be a spoiler in itself, because you will expect a time paradox and it wouldn't be very fun would it? actually the time paradox itself (in the other game) is very minor but it is part of a much larger mystery.

So in conclusion, she was "alive" in the present. and as someone said, she got help from the future jumpy, so in a way present jumpy had to help her in the "present" otherwise there would be a time paradox and she would go "poof" as another poster mentioned.

Good job figuring this out guys, really boggled my mind even though i encountered this writer's time paradoxes before, that bastard.

About Alice... well, what the fuck. just doesn't make sense and i don't expect it to.

excellent thread guys, a lot of your theories are correct, and i can't believe i was so confused about everything until i read this thread.. I enjoyed this game, though i thought akane was completely out of character as one of the posters said. she would easily blush and seemed so innocent, i can't believe she had the capacity to do what she did.

Godamit

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've only been through three endings then I quit. Does anyone know a way to speed up the text?
Just hold right on the d-pad to skip any dialogue you have already been through. It will automatically stop speeding up the text once you reach dialogue which you have not yet encountered.

ThommyDude

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
The true ending wasn't half as much of a mindf**k as the submarine ending was... Everyone was dead except for Snake who is trapped in the coffin... but someone still stabs you in the back. first I thought it was Zero who did that, but then I learned Zero was Akane who ALSO died... that means you were killed by someone that wasn't supposed to be there... >:( this game gave me nightmares for weeks, not because it was scary but just because it kept f**king with my mind!
PS. if you haven't played this game you totally should... but if you haven't then why are you reading this topic?! get out of here!

jing90

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The true ending wasn't half as much of a mindf**k as the submarine ending was... Everyone was dead except for Snake who is trapped in the coffin... but someone still stabs you in the back. first I thought it was Zero who did that, but then I learned Zero was Akane who ALSO died... that means you were killed by someone that wasn't supposed to be there... > :( this game gave me nightmares for weeks, not because it was scary but just because it kept f**king with my mind!
PS. if you haven't played this game you totally should... but if you haven't then why are you reading this topic?! get out of here!

Ace wasn't dead (he also stole lotus bracelet) and then killed you

look here at answer 22
http://www.aksysgames.com/999/answers

Godamit

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
That is the ending. If Ace was the one to kill everybody, then you can assume he used the same medicine as the one back in the hospital room to feel tired. That's how he faked his death in that ending.

giratina90

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After playing the game it has given me a headache as to how June/Akane can exist in the present while being dead in the past. The headache has thrown up a few possible theories =

1)Akane died.She caught a glimpse of the future before she died.She somehow used the morphogenetic field to project herself into the future ( the one she caught a glimpse off).Time stopped in the past for some reason ( I know it ain't possible but is the only logical explanation). In the future Santa ( Aoi ) & Akane both planned the Nonary Game for two reasons. So that 1 Ace would kill all of his cohorts who helped in the first Nonary Game ( technically to put it in simple words REVENGE :evil: ) AND 2 so that Junpei could save Akane. Once Junpei reached the incinerator time continued in the future and the past. Junpei and Akane became one using the for you doll.Junpei saved her and Akane began to exist in an alternate reality.

2)The game (999, not the Nonary game) is not a game at all but a figment of Akane's mind and does not exist.It is just the way she rationalizes her and her beloved Junpei's death.She somehow saved it on the morphogenetic field ( I think ). This in turn was picked up by Junpei ( supposedly ). In other words she is dead.

3)Either Akane did die and 999 was a figment of Aoi's mind .( what would have happened if Akane had survived and they had taken revenge on Hongou,Nijisaki,Musashidou and Kubota.

4)Aoi might have held the game the second Nonary Game ( Theory #1) and take revenge on the 1st N.Game hosts i.e you know who i am talking about.In this way she would exist in an alternate dimension.

5)Either she connected herself to Junpei before the first Nonary Game.Time stopped in the past when Akane died, but continued in the future as pointed out in Theory #1. When they became resonant using the doll and the Morphogenetic Field, Akane used Junpei to carry out the second Nonary Game. Meaning =

Akane = Junpei = Zero = June

And by Junpei i mean the player Junpei not the real Junpei ( Ok.... if the past is altered so is the present... Akane was meant to die... the Junpei she connected to was from another reality , the one she will exist in later when she is saved ). Akane was saved by Junpei when he went to the incinerator where Akane died. Since they were connected ( only in touch you can say)they became resonant ; one ( what Akane saw Junpei saw.... what Akane did Junpei did vice versa )when they were close enough.Junpei saved Akane who lived on in the alternate dimension;world;reality.

Real Past = Akane dies
Alternate Past = Akane lives

I think the 5th one is the most logical. What do u think???? ;)

weavile001

Spiritmaster
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
do you know that , the game occurs in 2028?
oh, i remember seeing a page in the net , saiyng that there is new 999 3ds game comming , its named: zero escape
and i remember seeing the entire cast( kidnaped persons) i saw zero...

giratina90

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Weavile001; I believe the game was situated in 2027 as the director himself said that and yes you are right the sequel for 999 is coming up .It's called Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward.It looks cool.I JUST CAN'T WAIT FOR IT. :lol:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Good.