Gaming 999: 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
dysan said:
finished another playthough yesterday night.....got the safe ending....ohhh boy...the shit really hit the fan in that ending....I won't go into detail but...june...no,codenames don't matter anymore....kanny...KANNY!!
goddamnit
frown.gif

saw some guides so I could plan my next playthrough to the axe ending and the true ending and from what I've seen the game has only 5 endings?!
then why are there 6 question marks on the top screen in the menu?

True, Coffin, Axe, Knife, Sub, Safe

Rumsie

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Gundam Eclipse said:
Gundam Eclipse said:
So i just watched the beginning of this video, and i have not actually seen it before, i just ignored the previews when playing the game. Now i am confused as fuck, what do the lines in the beginning mean?! "Unfortunately, thats the wrong answer. Actually, i am Santa."
Forgot to add the video.

its a line junpei says in the safe ending, because of this he discovers that ace is the murderer
closedeyes.gif

Gundam Eclipse

True Demon Route
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India
Rumsie said:
Gundam Eclipse said:
Gundam Eclipse said:
So i just watched the beginning of this video, and i have not actually seen it before, i just ignored the previews when playing the game. Now i am confused as fuck, what do the lines in the beginning mean?! "Unfortunately, thats the wrong answer. Actually, i am Santa."
Forgot to add the video.

its a line junpei says in the safe ending, because of this he discovers that ace is the murderer
closedeyes.gif

Oh yeah, i had forgotten that completely...
Thanks!

blow_fly98

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I think this game definitely deserves a spot in the NDS Must Have list.
Started off with Safe Ending, then got Sub and then Axe.
Couldn't resist the temptation so I looked up on how to get the true ending.

This game.
SOOOOOO GOOOOOOOOOOOOD.

KAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!

BBR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
ShadowSoldier said:
I wish this game had DLC
frown.gif
+1
At least I'm not the only one
ohnoes.png

btw, I have a cuestion...
So, the True ending means that the experiment was in two places again?, or was it just a recreation 'cause the ship sank?, ah, and what about Akane, I don't understood what happenned to her, I mean, after she disappears before the sudoku (lol), was she really playing the game? and at the end, Santa took her or something like that?

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
BBR said:
ShadowSoldier said:
I wish this game had DLC
frown.gif
+1
At least I'm not the only one
ohnoes.png

btw, I have a cuestion...
So, the True ending means that the experiment was in two places again?, or was it just a recreation 'cause the ship sank?, ah, and what about Akane, I don't understood what happenned to her, I mean, after she disappears before the sudoku (lol), was she really playing the game? and at the end, Santa took her or something like that?

Junpei and everyone were on the fake ship, because the real one did indeed sink. Akane, in the past, was on the REAL ship. It followed the experiment where the kids were supposed to transmit and receive thoughts from a person they are linked with, it's just Akane was receiving info from Junpei...however many years in the future. I'm not 100% why she disappeared in the incinerator either to be honest. But she was alive in the end. Someone specifically said her and Santa were in a different vehicle ahead of them, they at some point escaped early I suppose.

dysan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
just got the "axe"ending.....and figured out why you guys like clover so much...

I now also know that you are all sick.

true ending is next
biggrin.gif

about those questions that certain players posed to developers....how is that coming along?

iDarkTrace

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
dysan said:
just got the "axe"ending.....and figured out why you guys like clover so much...

I now also know that you are all sick.

true ending is next
biggrin.gif

about those questions that certain players posed to developers....how is that coming along?

The axe ending is the worse. Made me so damned scared. Sucks to be you.
My first ending was the knife ending...
DAMN YOU ACE!!

If you have played the game, post your first ending; I wanna see what Lady Luck had in store for all of us.

dysan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
my first ending was the knife one as well.

but,
OH SHIT I'VE GOT THE TRUE ENDING! AND I HAVE TO TALK ABOUT IT WITH SOMEONE!
QUICK, HOW DO I PUT SPOILER TAGS!!

I found out!

so,my main question is why did june(in the present) dissapeared in the incenerator?I've looked around and people seem to think she just got up and left the room after santa had left?how did that happen?

aaaaand that's pretty much all that's left unanswered for me
yaynds.gif

blow_fly98

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I started with Safe ending. Safe ending gives the most information out of all of them (apart from True ending ofc).
dysan said:
so,my main question is why did june(in the present) dissapeared in the incenerator?I've looked around and people seem to think she just got up and left the room after santa had left?how did that happen?
Well she is, after all, Zero, so she probably has a way out of the incinerator. If I remember correctly, Ace also had a way out of the incinerator (in the flashback of the True ending).

Isabelyes

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I've got a couple of questions:

1. Who removed Snake's clothes, put him in the coffin, and got "Guy X" - where, and when, was he hidden? - to wear Snake's clothes, and why did they do this?

2. In the big hospital room: initially, all RED's were 'disabled', by lack of a better word. I suppose this was already the case when the Nonary Game started? If not, who did this? Also, I forgot who put the missing 'things' back in. It couldn't have been June, because she was with Junpei the whole time. Was it Santa? I think so, because he was standing in the hospital room - but I'm not 100% sure.

3. Who 'resetted' all the puzzles? If the game nine years ago was played in the exact same building where Junpei played the Nonary Game - and I'm assuming this is the case, since I can't imagine June recreating everything from scratch -, who, then, re-locked all the doors, and when did they do it?

4. I'm content with the explanation that the real ship had already sunk 9 years ago - is it true, then, that there were only 9 people playing the Nonary Game this time? (Sounds logical, since the past June and co. are the ones who needed help.)

5. So, in the end, the people who knew that June hadn't died are Seven, Santa, and June, right?

6. What's up with Seven's amnesia? Was it caused by June? I remember someone talking about one of Sheldrake's theories, stating that everyone's memories were stored not in their brain, but in an unknown extern space/thing/whatever.
Did June have access to Seven's (and, for that matter, everyone's?) memories?
Did she make him forget everything to make sure he wouldn't interfere?
If so, does this mean that Seven didn't ever know that June had only survived because of Junpei?

7. How did June get 'access' to the building in the Nevada Desert? I mean - you'd think Ace and co. would have done something with it - sell it, or whatever. They wouldn't have left it alone, would they?

8. June; what was up with her getting a fever and vanishing all the time? Did she know some secret doorways? Wouldn't there have been the danger of the other players finding out about some of them?

9. What's up with her bracelet being flipped? Since she and Santa always got into rooms together, they might as well have made Santa 3, and June 6. I don't really see the reason for the change, except for the "June could be nine, which has the same effect as zero, therefore she could be Zero" fun.

10. I'm guessing the real Alice was on the ship in the past?

11. I've forgotten - was it Ace who killed the so-called captain in the Captain's Quarters?
Also, what was the reason for putting him there? Was there no other combination - by which I mean: was it possible for Ace never even having met the guy? I seem to remember Zero giving him a note of sorts that explained who the "Captain" was, and where he was waiting. ...also, I've forgotten who killed him.

I realize I've asked a lot, but if someone would answer me, I'd be really, really grateful!
Thanks in advance~!

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
My first ending was the axe ending. It sent shivers down my spine.
wacko.gif

This game is awesome, end quote. I love it. :3

TRUE ENDING SPOILER
But I still can't figure out how the hell Allice appeared in the middle of the freaking desert at the end. I mean, if she was on the Gigantic then how the hell did she end up where she was?

dragonking

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
isabelyes said:
I've got a couple of questions:

1. Who removed Snake's clothes, put him in the coffin, and got "Guy X" - where, and when, was he hidden? - to wear Snake's clothes, and why did they do this?

2. In the big hospital room: initially, all RED's were 'disabled', by lack of a better word. I suppose this was already the case when the Nonary Game started? If not, who did this? Also, I forgot who put the missing 'things' back in. It couldn't have been June, because she was with Junpei the whole time. Was it Santa? I think so, because he was standing in the hospital room - but I'm not 100% sure.

3. Who 'resetted' all the puzzles? If the game nine years ago was played in the exact same building where Junpei played the Nonary Game - and I'm assuming this is the case, since I can't imagine June recreating everything from scratch -, who, then, re-locked all the doors, and when did they do it?

4. I'm content with the explanation that the real ship had already sunk 9 years ago - is it true, then, that there were only 9 people playing the Nonary Game this time? (Sounds logical, since the past June and co. are the ones who needed help.)

5. So, in the end, the people who knew that June hadn't died are Seven, Santa, and June, right?

6. What's up with Seven's amnesia? Was it caused by June? I remember someone talking about one of Sheldrake's theories, stating that everyone's memories were stored not in their brain, but in an unknown extern space/thing/whatever.
If so, does this mean that Seven didn't ever know that June had only survived because of Junpei?

7. How did June get 'access' to the building in the Nevada Desert? I mean - you'd think Ace and co. would have done something with it - sell it, or whatever. They wouldn't have left it alone, would they?

8. June; what was up with her getting a fever and vanishing all the time? Did she know some secret doorways? Wouldn't there have been the danger of the other players finding out about some of them?

9. What's up with her bracelet being flipped? Since she and Santa always got into rooms together, they might as well have made Santa 3, and June 6. I don't really see the reason for the change, except for the "June could be nine, which has the same effect as zero, therefore she could be Zero" fun.

11. I've forgotten - was it Ace who killed the so-called captain in the Captain's Quarters?
Also, what was the reason for putting him there? Was there no other combination - by which I mean: was it possible for Ace never even having met the guy? I seem to remember Zero giving him a note of sorts that explained who the "Captain" was, and where he was waiting. ...also, I've forgotten who killed him.

I realize I've asked a lot, but if someone would answer me, I'd be really, really grateful!
Thanks in advance~!

Before reading: Did you really get the true end? Some answers are in the true end.

1. The whole group who set up the second Nonary game, that's at least Akane and Santa and maybe Seven. I don't know exact details.

2. It must again be one of those who set this up. It couldn't have been June so it's Santa or Seven.

3. They had enough time once they knew the building's location. They played it so probably each of them knew how to solve each puzzle and how it was in the beginning.

4. There were 11 people in the second nonary game. 9 players, the captain who was killed by Ace and guy X who wore Snake's clothes and was also murdered by Ace.

5. Yes, and they are probably the ones who set up this second game.

6. This is unknown. There are theories that seven was faking his amnesia.

7. Indeed strange, I have no idea...

8. It is suggested that everytime you made a fatal descision that would prevent you from seeing the true end, she would get this fever because she shouldn't exist then.

9. As far as I know, that was just a false theory. Everyone had a bracelet which was showing the true value (even the captain's one (O) is 26 in base-blablabla.

10. Yes and Ace didn't find her because she was probably gone before he got it.

11. Yes Ace, Ace knew how to solve the puzzle and took watch out of Junpei's pocket while he found out Junpei cheated his door choice. Reason was because Zero set it up so that Ace would murder everyone who set up the first nonary game.

DarkCrudus

The Ghost
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Spoiler answers

uncertain who, possibly santa, idk where he was hidden, but they did it cuz Ace cant see faces and wanted to kill snake, so guy x wearing snakes cloths ace thought it was snake

no info on who put em back, prolly santa

unknown i suppose, santa and june prolly, but as for when no idea

i believe so

i think junpei knew

i was wondering bout seven's amnesia, never figured it out

that is a good question

dont know bout what was up with the fevers, perhaps there were secret doorways, prolly woulda been bad for other players to find em

her and santa were working together so they needed to be in the same room in each room, i cant recall a time where they were in separate rooms, if you ever went through door 3 you would have seen how santa bolted to get to the door before lotus and clover, if they were to have gone, the numbers wouldnt have added up correctly.

i believe so

the captain was one of the 4 members who did the original nonary game, he was a witness and ace could decide to confess his sins with the captain or win the game, ace killed him instead of confessing with him

Isabelyes

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thank you both for your answers; I believe I understand (almost) everything now.
(Also, I have indeed seen the True Ending, but that was a relatively long time ago, so I'd forgotten some details.)

dysan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
got 1 more question for all you guys

akane and junpei were great friends and supposedly in love
biggrin.gif
now...how the hell didn't junpei know about santa?I mean...he's only HER BROTHER.I guess they would meet each other at some point throughout his friendship with akane,don't you think?

and one last thing...in the past(1st nonary game-9 years ago) akane/june didn't die, right?
why did she need junpei to solve that last puzzle and get her out of the incinerator in the 2nd game?
are the 2 games being played at the same time?so junpei was the one who saved her all along?

my head hurts
wacko.gif

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
dysan said:
got 1 more question for all you guys

akane and junpei were great friends and supposedly in love
biggrin.gif
now...how the hell didn't junpei know about santa?I mean...he's only HER BROTHER.I guess they would meet each other at some point throughout his friendship with akane,don't you think?

and one last thing...in the past(1st nonary game-9 years ago) akane/june didn't die, right?
why did she need junpei to solve that last puzzle and get her out of the incinerator in the 2nd game?
are the 2 games being played at the same time?so junpei was the one who saved her all along?

my head hurts
wacko.gif

Well, it's possible they just had a more at-school kind of friendship. It's a little odd, but it IS believable that he didn't know about Santa.
Akane and Santa's living conditions weren't ever explained, so maybe their parents had split up or something.

June needed Junpei to help her solve the puzzle in the incinerator. She had no one else to "receive" information from, so she ended up connecting with Junpei 9 years in the future. It probably became obvious to Santa and/or Akane that, in order for Junpei to be able to save her in the past, she needs to set up the game on the fake-gigantic and stick Junpei in there.
She couldn't just have Junpei save her, and then live her life normally without setting up the second Nonary game, because then Junpei wouldn't save her 9 years in the future, and she would die in the past. If she doesn't set up the second Nonary game to save herself in the past, the timeline would collapse and she would cease to exist in the present.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @AncientBoi, i also have the homebrew psp Port of cave story