Homebrew RELEASE 90DNS: DNS server for blocking all Nintendo Servers

Irocadiext

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
offcousre i got banned lol glad i have 2 switches
damn. well i couldn t even get it to connect to internet with the dns addresses input. I guess my isp blocks dns maybe. Not a big deal for me i can just update homebrew and whatever offline. at least you had another switch which is recommended anyway if you have the cash. silver lining, you can mod with no fear now.

europat

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Al'right, I used to have 90dns on FW 6.1 and also 6.2 but today, I get error code 2110-3127, the internet connection have failed. Can't resolve DNS adress, please retry later, thanks for help :)

J40045

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Does 90DNS and it's server scripts actually replace the Nintendo telemetry server?
E.g. could it be repurposed so my switch only connects to my local WiFi/LAN without any internet access at all?

Irocadiext

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
could the 90 dns not connecting to the internet with the 2 dns addresses entered be due to me using sxos with stealth mode already enabled?

THYPLEX

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hey all!

90DNS is a DNS and HTTP setup running together to block all Nintendo traffic while 1) passing connection test without connecting to Nintendo servers 2) allowing anything that isn't Nintendo (so you can still enjoy homebrew).

People tried a number of games that are not using Nintendo servers for online play (fortnite, paladins, hulu) and reported that they do not work.

YouTube doesn't work unless you launch it once before using 90DNS, but I heard that there's a file that's going around that you can install that bypasses the online checks. Dig for that if you're interested.

We (as LavaTech) actually did this half a month ago and released it on reddit, but it seems like people all around the scene were interested in it so I guess it's time to release it here too.

Here's the GitLab repo, it has the code, configs and the self-host guide (it's a bit too confusing and complicated to put here).

WORKS ON 6.0.0/6.0.1/6.1.0 BUT AS ALWAYS, USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Setup Instructions

Optional: If you really want to be sure that 90DNS will protect you, then you can test for DNS hijacks (done sometimes by ISPs) by running the 90DNS tester. Just install the latest version of Python (works on both 2 and 3), install dnspython ("pip install dnspython"), get the script, run it on command line. If you get "It should be safe to use 90DNS on this network.", then it should be all good. If you don't get that, follow the self-host guide.
  • Go to System Settings
  • Go to Internet tab
  • Open Internet Settings
  • If you already have a wifi network: Tap on your wifi network, pick Change Settings
  • If you don't have a wifi network added, open Manual Setup and set up your network name, SSID and Security
  • Set DNS Settings to Manual, and set primary DNS to "163.172.141.219" and secondary DNS to "45.248.48.62"
  • Save and then connect to wifi
Success, all Nintendo servers should now be blocked on your Switch.

Disclaimer

Obviously, use this at your own risk. While I used it without getting banned and so did many others, Nintendo is unpredictable so I can't guarantee that this will prevent a ban.

Going online without 90DNS or a similar solution may result in a ban as it'll send telemetry to Nintendo, so I don't recommend doing that. If you really want to go online, just restore to a NAND backup taken before your bannable actions.
Wow , you Can un-ban yourself Just with a pre-ban backup ?
I thought it wasn't possible

cyndor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is supposed to block system updates from downloading isn't it? I just got a system update for 6.2.0

cyndor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
did you fill both primary and secondary DNS settings?
Yeah. I went on atmosphere to use noexs and clicked connect, then something came up and I came back a couple of minutes later to dead cells saying ready to start update. I thought it was a game update so I got the newest one and then I realized it was a system update.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Those IHOP chips are actually pretty damn good