Hacking 9.3.0-21 Nintendo 3DS Update Released

dronesplitter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't believe it can grab updates while games are playing (online multi, etc.), but I'm not playing any online games anyway so I don't have to find out :)

rctgamer3

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I don't believe it can grab updates while games are playing (online multi, etc.), but I'm not playing any online games anyway so I don't have to find out :)
It can. Was playing a random game when the update nag screen suddenly appeared and the SpotPass indicator light went on.

3DSXLGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just to clarify, was going to order my gateway this afternoon.
Got my OG/XL on 9.2u, still good as long as I don't update? :unsure:

Also, don't nintendo zones update your 3ds without asking since they connect to the wifi point without needing you to log in? Vaguely remember reading this somewhere...

Abcdfv

What comes around goes around.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just to clarify, was going to order my gateway this afternoon.
Got my OG/XL on 9.2u, still good as long as I don't update? :unsure:

Also, don't nintendo zones update your 3ds without asking since they connect to the wifi point without needing you to log in? Vaguely remember reading this somewhere...
No but they will download the update and nag you

dronesplitter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It can. Was playing a random game when the update nag screen suddenly appeared and the SpotPass indicator light went on.

Did you ever close the system? Or did you stay in the game the whole time without putting it to sleep and still get the blue flash while playing?

masterzero

Trophies
XP
Country
I also got that spotpass notification saying that a update was available and I was like holy crap.... but I haven't been nagged about it again... maybe it was only a notification and no update was downloaded ?

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will the update download only while in sleep mode or will it occur while playing games? Me thinks it only happens while in sleep mode or if inactive at the home menu. If so avoiding the update prompt should be easy. I'll just keep the wifi switched off on the 3DS and turn it on only when I need to do any multiplayer stuff. :P

Thats why you power down!!!

D

Deleted-19228

someone here said you can't reformat the system on 7.0+ firmwares without updating the console first.

Not true at all. This means you would be required to have internet access just to reformat your system to sell it and Nintendo would never do that.

Abcdfv

What comes around goes around.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not true at all. This means you would be required to have internet access just to reformat your system to sell it and Nintendo would never do that.
Yeah just checked on my 9.2 emunand, it wanted WiFi on to check the nnid. Gonna delete my WiFi config and see what happens

Edit: got a could not connect to access point error and threw me back into settings.

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah just checked on my 9.2 emunand, it wanted WiFi on to check the nnid. Gonna delete my WiFi config and see what happens

Edit: got a could not connect to access point error and threw me back into settings.

I can imagine that nightmare of a support call to Nintendo - "I can't connect to WiFi on my 3DS, do I need to factory reset to fix it?" Nintendo rep - "You need to update your firmware over wifi, the only thing it can connect to the internet with, first before you can factory reset it."

dronesplitter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Nintendo doesn't like security holes in their current software anymore. Not surprising that they would do this, because if you had wifi access to get the nag prompt, you have it to do an update/format.

For selling it, though, yeah that's not cool if you just want to do that...but you had internet to make an NNID too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6igvB1yR04A