Hacking 8.1 2ds with cubic ninja- best Option ?

mc-kiler

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Hi i have a fw 8.1 2ds and cubic Ninja
What is the best and easiest way to get a CW (since i own cubic Ninja maybe there is an easier way for a noob like me) ? Is rxtools still the way to go ?

Maybe there is a Video which could explain everything step by step ?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Follow this guide to install rxTools emuNAND. When you're done, you can follow the part of the guide titled How to Update your 3DS/2DS to 9.0 or 9.2 so you can install and use menuhax instead of Ninjhax.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hey, that's my console! ;P

Another option could be downgrading to 6.3 and using MSET, but if you won't be planning to use GBA/DSi mode much (and thus unlink nands) themehax is the lazier option, as Lacius said!

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
best option is the most difficult. That is, arm9loaderhax setup to boot into sysnand with the 9.0 native_firm on boot. From here, you can immediately run any homebrew installed on your sysnand, to include the hblauncher_loader if you want to boot into EMUNAND via Gateway or CFW, and also you can use all DSiWare/DS carts and such. Even with a patched TWL_firm or GAB_firm (for GBA VC games).

Either way, you want to update to 9.2 sysnand. Do this by using minipasta or rxTools pasta mode, then use sysupdater from there.

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi i have a fw 8.1 2ds and cubic Ninja
What is the best and easiest way to get a CW (since i own cubic Ninja maybe there is an easier way for a noob like me) ? Is rxtools still the way to go ?

Maybe there is a Video which could explain everything step by step ?

Easiest way to go:

1)Install Ninjhax 1.1 in your Cubic Ninja and PastaCFW

2)Run PastaCFW from the homebrew launcher, run the homebrew launcher again and use FBI.3dsx to install Sysupdater.cia in your system (you should install FBI.cia at this point too).

3)Reboot your system, run PastaCFW and upgrade to 9.2 using sysupdater.

4)Install Ninjhax 2.5 in your Cubic Ninja, use it to install Menuhax 2.0, get ctrbootmanager and rxTools, set up emunand and unlink your NANDS.

@urherenow I honestly don't see how suggesting the most complicated and brick risk is the best way for someone who doesn't even know how to run a CFW to begin with... You shouldn't be encouraging A9LH to newcomers who are barely joining the scene.

Last edited by Tony_93,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Only thing you catch are STDs. +1