70% and stuck

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Kandern97, Nov 21, 2014.

1. Kandern97
    OP

Kandern97 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 27, 2014
    Gambia, The
    Kandern
    So, I've been trying to get ninjhax working all day. I even formatted emunand. I have a GW and use cubic ninja usa and eu in .3ds and .cia filetypes. I'm kinda jaded because I've tried different combinations about 20 times. I had emunand 9.2.0 - 20 U and I used that same thing on the website, and it hangs at 70%. I don't know what to do. Any help would be very much appreciated.

2. Reecey

Reecey Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)

Mar 7, 2010
    At Home :)
    You have to use the same region Cubic Ninja with the same region 3DS. Your 3DS is Euro so you need a copy of Euro Cubic Ninja for the exploit to work. Go to the site that you know and grab the copy of CN .cia format and install it via the BBBDevmenu but it must be the .cia devmenu of your 3DS home screen, not the 3ds devmenu. Just copy & paste of the starter pack everything on the route of your SD Card and then boot into QR Code in CN copy your QR Code in and then it should install fine :)

Edit: yes visa versa, if your using a USA 3DS then yes use the copy of USA CN, should work also make sure you have enough space on your SD Card? :)

Edit: Yes you cant rom trim. :)

3. Kandern97
    OP

Aug 27, 2014
    Gambia, The
    Kandern
    Yeah, used US game with US system. Although would rom trimming mess it up?

4. Reecey

Mar 7, 2010
    This was the Starter Pack I used, just unzip it all to the route of your SD Card :http://smealum.net/ninjhax/dl/starter.zip

I think you know where your looking for your CN game, if not PM me I will try to help you ;)

5. piratesephiroth

piratesephiroth I wish I could read

Sep 5, 2013
    Brazil
    Why would you want to use it when you have a Gateway???

6. Reecey

Mar 7, 2010
    Cause its much better to have a proper Homebrew Channel to work with than not one at all, that's my opinion also why not! :)

Ammako, dimmidice and Kandern97 like this.
  7. daxtsu

daxtsu GBAtemp Guru

Jun 9, 2007
    The only reason I could think of would be for homebrew applications that get released in 3dsx format only, but even that's a stretch.

While we're on the subject of Gateway/MT/CFW and Cubic Ninja/3dsx: I made a CIA file out of the homebrew launcher and it won't launch anything (since smea said it uses weird stuff to launch apps, right?), so making it into a CIA is pointless.

8. piratesephiroth

Sep 5, 2013
    Brazil
    You can run everything on Gateway's emunand if the creator releases the homebrew as a CIA file.

9. Kandern97
    OP

Aug 27, 2014
    Gambia, The
    Kandern
    As well as looking sleek and stuff, I want to see the fruits of smea's labour and ftpony might become relevant in the not too distant future once we get more homebrews.

dimmidice and Reecey like this.
  10. Reecey

Mar 7, 2010
    Yes precisely, I second that! It makes total sense to have it, than not at all.

dimmidice likes this.
  11. piratesephiroth

Sep 5, 2013
    Brazil
    You need a particular game to boot it. How's that looking sleek?

12. Reecey

Mar 7, 2010
    Why would that even be a problem for a Gateway user!

13. piratesephiroth

Sep 5, 2013
    Brazil
    Why would a Gateway user boot a game in order to boot homebrew when he could just boot the homebrew directly...

14. Kandern97
    OP

Aug 27, 2014
    Gambia, The
    Kandern
    You remember Twilight Princess? It's still very early. So yeah things could be smoother, but that's the way it's gonna be for a time. And a massive advantage that ninjhax has over GW, is that it will grow the homebrew/hacking community and bring in new people and new life to it.

15. dimmidice

dimmidice GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Sep 12, 2009
    Belgium
    who the fuck cares? let people play and use what they want.

Reecey likes this.
  16. piratesephiroth

Sep 5, 2013
    Brazil
    It doesn't allow piracy. It was designed to be like that and you won't get anything else.
    There already exists a fully fledged solution for running pirated games and homebrew. It's called CFW and it's private. And it's probably gonna remain private while Gateway exists.

17. Reecey

Mar 7, 2010
    Bud its called getting in the spirit of things!, for god sake let people lead there own way, commenting on it and saying "why" is just going to get members backs up and you sound like your trolling tbh for back lash!

18. piratesephiroth

Sep 5, 2013
    Brazil
    I just want to know WHY would a Gateway user even waste his time trying to get it to work (even formatted his emunand).
    I believe that if he went all this distance it's because he thinks that's the only way to properly run homebrew.
    And Gateway can already do that since the 2.6 update.

19. Kandern97
    OP

Aug 27, 2014
    Gambia, The
    Kandern
    I understand where you're coming from, but I'm doing it for the challenge of it. It's like in Kerbal Space Program when you build a rocket and say "Hmm... I mean I could put landing gear on there to land nice, gentle, and safely. But let's just not because that's more fun, and if we make it, it'll be awesome!" Not the best analogy, but hey it works. And I really don't want to rely on my GW more than I have to, because they aren't working for the open source community, or for the challenge of it. All that GW wants is profit. That doesn't make them bad, I would just trust to leave the 3DS in the hands of smea or the open source community.

20. piratesephiroth

Sep 5, 2013
    Brazil
    The thing is that the open source community learns a lot from Gateway's works and most likely won't bite the hand that feeds them.
    So you WILL be relying on Gateway for a good while.