Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
A warning for those on 6.60 using the CIPL wanting to upgrade... I tried running the new CIPL flasher to see if it'd give me an uninstall option, but it just froze on a black screen, so I rebooted the PSP and ran the 6.60 updater and chose to uninstall, and instead of immediately installing the new version I restarted to see if it'd remove the CIPL, looks like it didn't since my PSP wouldn't boot (it'd stay on a black screen and then shut off after a minute).

So if you're on 6.60 using the CIPL, do an upgrade, or uninstall and then immediately reinstall if you can't get the CIPL to uninstall (not sure if my issue was plugins or not).

Reactions: 1 person

ars25

I like tacos and pie
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A warning for those on 6.60 using the CIPL wanting to upgrade... I tried running the new CIPL flasher to see if it'd give me an uninstall option, but it just froze on a black screen, so I rebooted the PSP and ran the 6.60 updater and chose to uninstall, and instead of immediately installing the new version I restarted to see if it'd remove the CIPL, looks like it didn't since my PSP wouldn't boot (it'd stay on a black screen and then shut off after a minute).

So if you're on 6.60 using the CIPL, do an upgrade, or uninstall and then immediately reinstall if you can't get the CIPL to uninstall (not sure if my issue was plugins or not).
i'm thinking this is a error on the coders behalf because mine is doing the same thing i'm going to use my pandora bat to see if it will fix it to see if it fixes it because i'm starting to think it bricked my psp

lordgoober

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's instances like this that make me glad I go all the way back to OFW before upgrading. I took my 1k which I had CIPL flashed, uninstalled the CIPL and then the pro-b9 and then upgraded to pro-b10 and reflashed the cipl.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
6.20 PRO-B9 is still the only permanent solution for a PSP 2000 model 02g, right? That's what I'm running now. Basically, I'd like to have whatever latest permanent CFW I could put on it, just to be at the latest-greatest. Am I already there as far as a perma CFW?

Quick question, what is CIPL all about? What is the acronym? Seems I read that it's only for 1000's....won't work on my 2000, am I right?

Forgive my lack of knowledge on the subject, but I've been too busy working and (when I'm not working) playing my newly acquired PSP to really read up on the hacking stuff beyond flashing mine to the 6.20 CFW so I could run ISO's. I haven't been following up on the latest info.

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
6.20 PRO-B9 is still the only permanent solution for a PSP 2000 model 02g, right? That's what I'm running now. Basically, I'd like to have whatever latest permanent CFW I could put on it, just to be at the latest-greatest. Am I already there as far as a perma CFW?

Quick question, what is CIPL all about? What is the acronym? Seems I read that it's only for 1000's....won't work on my 2000, am I right?

Forgive my lack of knowledge on the subject, but I've been too busy working and (when I'm not working) playing my newly acquired PSP to really read up on the hacking stuff beyond flashing mine to the 6.20 CFW so I could run ISO's. I haven't been following up on the latest info.
refer to this thread to check what hacks your 02g psp is compatible to. You have to check your psp's mother board as well. If you want permanent CFWs, you can also try installing ME firmwares by neur0n. There's ME LCFW version (ones for non-fully hackable psps, without perma) and ME CFW version (ones for fully hackable psp, with perma patch), and theres one for 6.39 and 6.60.

CIPL flasher (custom IPL; dunno what IPL stands for ;_; ) is apparently used to make PRO-B LCFWs, other than 6.20, work on fully hackable psps as permanent, full-fledged CFWs (although I really don't see the benefit). If your psp 2000 is a prepatched one (TA088v2 or less; refer to the above link for more info), you'll be able to run it.

Compatibility to games shouldn't be different because they all use the same loader (NP9600 and M33 driver), but PRO has inferno as well. Plugin compatibility has increased, so I don't think you'll have to go beyond 6.20 PRO-B.

PS. 6.20 PRO-B10 fix1 released ;)

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
CIPL is the "permanent patch" method that older firmwares used, so your 2000 should work as it's a "fully-hackable".

6.60 PRO-B10 is the latest, but I wouldn't recommend it as with 6.60 you need to use the CIPL permanent method, and the B-10 update bricked my PSP when uninstalling (they released a fixed version of B10 earlier today because of those issues), if you don't have a pandora you can't recover it.

Stick with 6.20 PRO-B10 unless you're familiar with the usage of a pandora to unbrick.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, I got the 6.20 PRO-B10 fix1 CFW files from Filetrip, I know how to use the files BUT, to update to 6.20 PRO-B10 from 6.20 PRO-B9, do I need to revert to OFW 6.20 first or can I just run the update straight away? And if I need to revert, should I just hold select to make it boot to OFW 6.20 and then run the update or should I run B9's uninstaller to revert to the OFW?

I don't have a Pandora battery (and according to that one test here: http://gbatemp.net/topic/308772-im-thinking-of-getting-got-a-psp-but/page__view__findpost__p__3893095 Pandora wouldn't work for me anyway...right?) so a brick would be severely annoying.

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
OK, I got the 6.20 PRO-B10 fix1 CFW files from Filetrip, I know how to use the files BUT, to update to 6.20 PRO-B10 from 6.20 PRO-B9, do I need to revert to OFW 6.20 first or can I just run the update straight away? And if I need to revert, should I just hold select to make it boot to OFW 6.20 and then run the update or should I run B9's uninstaller to revert to the OFW?

I don't have a Pandora battery (and according to that one test here: http://gbatemp.net/t...ost__p__3893095 Pandora wouldn't work for me anyway...right?) so a brick would be severely annoying.
Don't forget to uninstall the perma patch as well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Dumpflam, Report it or contact staff.