Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pyrmon24 said:
DeMoN said:
So was this statutory or not? From reading the article, it seems like the girl actually agreed to this shit. With a single mother who's never home, it doesn't really surprise me.
This
It really seems to me like she was agreeing. I mean, she gave her address, went with the guy in a motel and didn't report anything. I think she wanted to be [censored] or something. Besides, at age 13 you have enough common sense to know not to give out your private info to random strangers. I can't believe she didn't give consent.
Consent or not, its still illegal. 17 is the age of consent here in Texas. Anything lower is child [censored].

Anj

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
DeMoN said:
So was this statutory or not? From reading the article, it seems like the girl actually agreed to this shit. With a single mother who's never home, it doesn't really surprise me.

With a 54 year old man? I doubt she would... Unless she's really brainwashed by this man.

Zarcon

.:~Enigmatic Wanderer~:.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
DeMoN said:
Well, if we're going to play devil's advocate...

She gave him her home address.
He slept with her on 3 separate occasions in 3 different areas.
The only reason her mother found out was because she caught her texting the guy on her cellphone which we can assume happened after the above happened.

All signs point to her agreeing to the events.

Of course, that brings up the whole age of consent argument and how she'd be too young to consent or how the man was taking advantage of a situation, but that's a whole other can of worms.

[EDIT]

Oh, and if we're disregarding the moral issue and just looking at the legal issue then yes, this was completely illegal.
Age of consent is 18 no matter where you are if you go from one state to another if I recall.

Fear Zoa

Still Alive
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zarcon said:
DeMoN said:

The only reason her mother found out was because she caught her texting the guy on her cellphone which we can assume happened after the above happened.

Of course, that brings up the whole age of consent argument and how she'd be too young to consent or how the man was taking advantage of a situation, but that's a whole other can of worms.

[EDIT]

Oh, and if we're disregarding the moral issue and just looking at the legal issue then yes, this was completely illegal.
Age of consent is 18 no matter where you are if you go from one state to another if I recall.
I live in Maryland its 16 here...and in most other states...
we also have the 4 year law that overrides the age of consent when applicable

Zarcon

.:~Enigmatic Wanderer~:.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Fear Zoa said:
Zarcon said:
DeMoN said:

[EDIT]

I live in Maryland its 16 here...
Let me rephrase.
Age of consent is 18 if the offending member does not live in the state where the offense occured.

Pyrmon

Burnin' Monkey Love
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Argentum Vir said:
pyrmon24 said:
DeMoN said:
This
It really seems to me like she was agreeing. I mean, she gave her address, went with the guy in a motel and didn't report anything. I think she wanted to be [censored] or something. Besides, at age 13 you have enough common sense to know not to give out your private info to random strangers. I can't believe she didn't give consent.
Consent or not, its still illegal. 17 is the age of consent here in Texas. Anything lower is child [censored].
I know that, but I think she kinda deserved it.
Plus, it seems she liked the sexes since they did it three times and she told no one...

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pyrmon24 said:
Argentum Vir said:
pyrmon24 said:
DeMoN said:
This
Plus, it seems she liked the sexes since they did it three times and she told no one...
No one deserves to have to grow up at 13.

jargus

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
is charged with 11 felonies including sexual assault, using a computer to communicate with another person to commit a crime, accosting a child for immoral purposes and child sexually abusive activity. The maximum sentences for the charges range from four to 20 years in prison.

That part confuses me. How is that defined legally? Morality is most often perceived subjectively and not objectively.

geminisama

Metsu
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Argentum Vir said:
pyrmon24 said:
Argentum Vir said:
pyrmon24 said:
DeMoN said:
This
No one deserves to have to grow up at 13.

Having sex isn't growing up, becoming an adult, or anything. Teens have sex all the time, and they're still just kids. One day we'll be above the taboo of sex, and the "cool" factor of it.

Also, I don't believe in stat. [censored], as it clearly contradicts what [censored] is, seems it's too much for people to accept that PEOPLE CAN DECIDE TO HAVE SEX. Best part is seeing cases of 2 teens of the same age consenting to sex, then the boy being charged with [censored]. Because girls don't have sex drives either, no, it HAS to have been forced by the evil horny boy! It's just a giant joke in our legal system.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
geminisama said:
Having sex isn't growing up, becoming an adult, or anything. Teens have sex all the time, and they're still just kids. One day we'll be above the taboo of sex, and the "cool" factor of it.

Also, I don't believe in stat. [censored], as it clearly contradicts what [censored] is, seems it's too much for people to accept that PEOPLE CAN DECIDE TO HAVE SEX. Best part is seeing cases of 2 teens of the same age consenting to sex, then the boy being charged with [censored]. Because girls don't have sex drives either, no, it HAS to have been forced by the evil horny boy! It's just a giant joke in our legal system.
IMO Yes, it is growing up. At the age of 13, no one is ready to even have a chance at a child. Once you become a mother or a father, you HAVE to grow up. You don't have a child at 13 due to mental reasons and possible health complications. I don't care who you are, No one is ready at even 18. Now, I'm all for safe sex, but a 13 year old wouldn't know about "safe sex".

Besides, if you had a daughter, you wouldn't want her at 13 to fuck a 54 year old man who sell magic cards for a living.

TheDarkSeed

I'm a pretentious sack of shit
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well look at the bright side,

He doesn't have so sell Magic cards to eat and he can have all the sex he wants in prison.

geminisama

Metsu
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Argentum Vir said:
geminisama said:

IMO Yes, it is growing up. At the age of 13, no one is ready to even have a chance at a child. Once you become a mother or a father, you HAVE to grow up. You don't have a child at 13 due to mental reasons and possible health complications. I don't care who you are, No one is ready at even 18. Now, I'm all for safe sex, but a 13 year old wouldn't know about "safe sex".

Besides, if you had a daughter, you wouldn't want her at 13 to fuck a 54 year old man who sell magic cards for a living.

No, a 13 yearold isn't ready to have kids, nor are most 20+ yearolds; but this isn't about procreation, it's about sex. You're also underestimating kids in this day of age, most 10 yearolds understand how babies are born, and know what a condom is; and it's use. This isn't the olden days of children innocence 'til they're late teens, it's the age of grade schoolers knowing the entire plethora of cuss words, and at the very least, a basic understanding of sex and procreation; not to mention 13 is about the age of Sex Ed in school. Like or, it hate it, kids know more, and do more than previous generations.

As for them, hey, you never know. I'm sure all of us are aware of some of those out-there fetishes, who's to say she doesn't like...older men? It's sleazy on his part, no doubt about it, but she apparently was down to give him her address, and to have sex with him ATLEAST 3 times.

I also see alot of flak towards his "profession", and alot of judging based on it. So, we're all nerds here, but he's out of line for doing what he enjoys? I wanna own a hobby shop one day, does that make me a loser, or pedo by association, as it seems people are suggesting?

Pyrmon

Burnin' Monkey Love
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Argentum Vir said:
geminisama said:

No one talked about having a baby. I know people who had sex at 13 and I know all about it since age 10. This includes safe sex.
True, if I had a daughter, I wouldn't want her to do this. But if she wants to act like a slut and do it, then how can I stop her. Especially if I'm never around?

Ritsuki

ORAORAORAORA
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
[irony] Conclusion : Online games are pure evil. [/irony]

...And I'm sure that's what most of the people thinks with all these absurds stories. But again, where were the parents ?

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Hahaha I can't stop laughing at this news!!!
wink.gif

Girls will do anything to have sex these days.

Blood Fetish

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
using a computer to communicate with another person to commit a crime
This is the biggest WTF for me. Why is this even a law? Are there extra laws against using paper, etch-a-sketch? This is just lawmakers creating more laws so that they can selectively enforce them when it is convenient.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pyrmon24 said:
No one talked about having a baby. I know people who had sex at 13 and I know all about it since age 10. This includes safe sex.
True, if I had a daughter, I wouldn't want her to do this. But if she wants to act like a slut and do it, then how can I stop her. Especially if I'm never around?
But, you and your acquaintances are not everyone. Sure some people know about 'safe' sex, but at 13 you're too young to fully understand the risks. He was taking advantage of her, its as simple as that. The article mentions nothing of her being on birth control, or the use condoms. I can conclude at this point, that if none of these were involved, there were risks, and taking the risks at her age is not only dangerous, but life changing. I'm sorry, but as a mother or father 10 minutes of your time seems like a small price to pay for keeping your kids safe, and keep their innocence. My dad told me if I got someone pregnant to not even come home. That one line kept me in line for most of my life, but now I'm on my own, and enjoying every minute of it.
smileipb2.png

Also, you don't have to talk about offspring for it to happen. Many of my acquaintances were accidents at a un-respectable very young age.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I think Switch 2 will launch about Christmas this year lol