50 dead in Orlando nightclub mass shooting, worst in US history

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was truly saddened to hear what happened yesterday in Orlando. A day before this tragedy, a talented girl was shot to death on stage; and a day after, people going out to have fun had no idea they were being murdered.

I, as a Muslim, condemn this act. Yes, I admit it--my religion condemns homosexuality. But this Islamic law does not make sense to me, or to any of my other Muslim friends, and family. Why? Because our religion asks us to love, not to hate. What this disgusting fellow Mateen did, was truly unacceptable; and I hope he's in hell right now. Many of us regular, non-extreme Muslims view homosexuality as a natural thing people are born with; it's not a choice. I didn't choose to be straight, I just feel attracted to people of the opposite gender. I and over a billion of Muslims do not represent the terrorists who think they're doing the right thing; in other words--think of it like a classroom; where everyone gets punished for what one or two people did. Every single student didn't misbehave, it was only the minority who reside in Muslim countries. They're not Muslim--many people have wrong interpretations of Islam. In fact, real Muslims themselves have to still analyze the Quran. There's more to learn off of it; half of us reading it don't even know what is being said. The translations you all may find on the internet are very inaccurate; this religious book dates back to over a thousand years ago. We live in a new generation, new beliefs, new thoughts. Some live in the past, but we need to live in the future.

To really learn about Islam, don't look at CNN, FOX, Google, or some other source of the internet. The real source is at mosques and scholars. I am a Muslim who is not an extremist.

EDIT: I forgot to mention, victims of ISIS and other asshole terrorist groups are Muslims mostly. If you look in Muslim countries, many people are murdered every day, people are scared of them; they can't go outside and they have to live under so much extreme laws. Countries like Canada or the U.S, you'd see a lot of them living lives happily opposite to how they appear in those Muslim countries.

Last edited by ComeTurismO,

Lucifer666

all the world needs is me
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
>wants to control guns
>>Islamic terrorists don't obey gun laws
>>>mobsters don't obey gun laws
>>>>people who kill people tend no obey the law inherently.

Did I mention that people who intend to kill people are inherently already breaking one of the most important laws? Why would they care about lesser laws?
Sometimes I wonder if they should be handed out more freely, after all, if half of that gay bar carried guns, this wouldn't have happened like it did. Try to shoot up a bar in Texas, I fucking dare you. You might get two, maybe three people before you look like a pin cushion. This happened in Florida, a state full of old people and hurricanes. Kinda reminds me of the Incredibles movie, where the antagonist wanted to give everyone powers so everyone would be equal. I feel like people would have a weaker tendency to shoot other people if they knew that at least half the people around them also had firearms.
On the flip side, I can see why people aren't exactly on-board with this. Lol.

Either way, this is terrible.

JFC this is an invalid comparison. When murder is criminalised, a perpetrator can still violate that law by free will (and face consequences.) Purchasing guns when it's illegal isn't just breaking the law; it's difficult to do. Guns have been illegal where I live since the country was formed and I have never seen one in my life. There has never been a shooting here. I don't even think coppers are armed. Every murder in the past decade (which is a VERY small number in total) has been a 1:1 stabbing. A lot less people are dead. This stuff works. In the case of the US it would have to be phased out but that's doable, especially since legal arms can be traced back to their owners.
Thanks for acknowledging reality. We have a pattern here, Muslims and "refugees"/their kids commit a disproportionate amount of crimes and terrorist attacks as opposed to the native population. Maybe we should stop these potential threats from entering our country until we figure out what's going on, hmm?

Also one point on "politicizing a tragedy", every time there's a shooting (including this one) regressive liberals will start shouting "Gun control!!!" even as the bodies are still warm (even now) and no one calls them out on it.

Lots of studies investigate the phenomenon of perceiving more of something than there truly are if you hate them. Statistically speaking, white Christian men commit such crimes at MUCH higher rates than Islamic fundamentalists and extremists. It's just that, when that shit happens, no one's pointing at or associating it to their race or religion, and suddenly it's all about "but he was a lone wolf" or "he was mentally ill", rather than the chants of terrorism that come with crimes committed by a Muslim. Besides, this guy was an American citizen, born and raised in the US and detached from his religion. I'm not trying to turn the focus of this tragedy to Muslims because at the end of the day its LGBT youth who were murdered, but for crying out loud if you're gonna use this as an opportunity to bash Muslims on the whole rather than just agree that there's scum in every ethnic and racial group, it's not something I can let slide.

Anyway, back on-topic RIP to the 50+ lives lost. I've been following one of the survivors on Twitter and it sounds like so heavy load a to bear, more than anyone should have to deal with. A hate crime of the lowest sort.

Last edited by Lucifer666,

Fugelmir

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
These honor killings just reinforce the incompatibility of Islam and western culture with its rule of law.

Muslims almost unilaterally despise homosexuals. Al Jazeera and the mainstream muslim media laud this as a resounding success -- even my own colleagues. It's very interesting because homosexuality is steeply on the rise, even in places where it is absolutely a death sentence to be discovered.

And also, this guy may have had mental health issues, but don't play down the qu'ran's repeated disdain and intolerance of homosexuality, jews and anyone else who doesn't fit into their prophet mohammed-esque ideal muslim persona. There's no doubt in my mind that Islam is the primary cause of this man's blind hatred of homosexuals.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is though. The father of this creep was running for president of Afghanistan.
That fact alone doesn't associate him with a terrorist organization, though. The father has said that he's horrified that the incident happened and has basically said nothing to even recognize his son since, let alone validate him. "Normal" extremist behavior would be ignoring the tragedy, blaming the cops for his death, saying he was proud of his son, etc.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even though I'm currently living in Arizona, Orlando is my childhood and spiritual home.

Thankfully, none of my friends were in the area where this was going on, and have checked out safe. Even so, this hurts me internally.

I do have a friend that lives about five minutes away from where that incident occurred. At least I was able to confirm he was okay, and find out more of what actually happened.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
I hope whatever god these people worship is as ashamed of them as I am. Every time I see someone killing in the name of their god, all I see in my head is god sat on a cloud looking down on them yelling 'I said no such thing you fucking lunatic'. Makes me sick to my stomach to see such ridiculous intolerance based on something that some random guy claiming to be special may or may not have said a thousand years ago that everyone took way too seriously.

Here's the thing; you claim your 'saviour' or 'prophet' or whatever says homosexuality is a sin. I say it's not. I say I'm special in some way too. Who do you believe? I have just as much evidence for my point of view and my claim to being special as anyone else, IE: none whatsofuckingever. So the only difference is that the other point of view is in an old book. The fuck difference does that make? Again, none whatsofuckingever. The only difference is that I don't go around oppressing and murdering people.

brickmii82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know, I JUST watched a documentary about the Orlando Magic and their induction into the NBA, along with their most successful years. Shaquille Oneal, and Penny Hardaway both said that was their favorite city they've played for, and the community there was really special.
Also, after thinking about it, how did this guy make it through the door? Here in Phoenix most clubs/bars have armed security at the entry point. They pat you down and wand you before entry, while checking your ID. Every once in awhile someone sneaks a small pistol past, but a gaudy rifle wouldn't be missed.

Luglige

hiatus
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
100% Agree, We(I.E Islam and Everyone else) should work towards dealing with our common enemy which is ISIS. This isnt a Muslim problem anymore(since ISIS is killing everyone even Muslims) and if we want it to stop we should unit as a species AKA The Human Race and work towards destroying ISIS or else this will NEVER stop.

Granted even when we chop of the snakes head, there still will be "Terrorists" but they wont be coming at us 247 like they currently are everywhere. Godamn it first Paris and now back to America. Whos next? how many more have to die before the governments and the people of the world realize that instead of bickering on forums we should let our voice be heard and force the governments to go into Syria and other areas held by ISIS and wipe them out. Al Qaeda and the Taliban too. Kill them all the time kill them all. Scum of the earth who deface a persons religion dont deserve to live. They have twisted the teachings of the Quraan to the extent where they have enough justifications to declare themselves as a freaking Caliphate. So i say unite and kill them all.(The terrorists that is)
Someone gets me!

I was truly saddened to hear what happened yesterday in Orlando. A day before this tragedy, a talented girl was shot to death on stage; and a day after, people going out to have fun had no idea they were being murdered.

I, as a Muslim, condemn this act. Yes, I admit it--my religion condemns homosexuality. But this Islamic law does not make sense to me, or to any of my other Muslim friends, and family. Why? Because our religion asks us to love, not to hate. What this disgusting fellow Mateen did, was truly unacceptable; and I hope he's in hell right now. Many of us regular, non-extreme Muslims view homosexuality as a natural thing people are born with; it's not a choice. I didn't choose to be straight, I just feel attracted to people of the opposite gender. I and over a billion of Muslims do not represent the terrorists who think they're doing the right thing; in other words--think of it like a classroom; where everyone gets punished for what one or two people did. Every single student didn't misbehave, it was only the minority who reside in Muslim countries. They're not Muslim--many people have wrong interpretations of Islam. In fact, real Muslims themselves have to still analyze the Quran. There's more to learn off of it; half of us reading it don't even know what is being said. The translations you all may find on the internet are very inaccurate; this religious book dates back to over a thousand years ago. We live in a new generation, new beliefs, new thoughts. Some live in the past, but we need to live in the future.

To really learn about Islam, don't look at CNN, FOX, Google, or some other source of the internet. The real source is at mosques and scholars. I am a Muslim who is not an extremist.

EDIT: I forgot to mention, victims of ISIS and other asshole terrorist groups are Muslims mostly. If you look in Muslim countries, many people are murdered every day, people are scared of them; they can't go outside and they have to live under so much extreme laws. Countries like Canada or the U.S, you'd see a lot of them living lives happily opposite to how they appear in those Muslim countries.
Summed it up nicely.

Jack Daniels

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I am criticising islam here not Christianity. Your sentence has no value here.
it doesn't matter what religion you take, they all have been where islam is now, and none of any relegion takes the credits as being thier fault since all religious people are proud of what's been built in name of thier religion no one likes to look back on some black pages of thier history. from the moment you don't accept someone the way he is based on color/sex/sexual behavior/religion or whatever even if you just don't like the questions someone asks, you'll get war at the end... if you say gay people should be punnished, because thier ashamefull, what do you think such a person does? it's like saying to hetrosexuals that they should find a man for you feel ashamed of being next to him/her, it's not just strange to ask... it's impossible for such a person to stay sane cause he can't accept himself but he also can't trust anyone else. just stop pushing people in a life that's not fitting and you'll see there's peace for everyone but...
the blaming game won't help you nor will it help anyone else in fact it makes things worse... with your words you're giving muslims no chance of acceptence of life, they can't ignore thier religion like you say, just like you might not be able to stop liking good looking females or whatever taste you've got.
i'm not religious myself but i really wish you to learned to understand others cause if you can't you are one of those who might become one of these so called terrorists, cause you and they are talking the same language.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it doesn't matter what religion you take, they all have been where islam is now, and none of any relegion takes the credits as being thier fault since all religious people are proud of what's been built in name of thier religion no one likes to look back on some black pages of thier history. from the moment you don't accept someone the way he is based on color/sex/sexual behavior/religion or whatever even if you just don't like the questions someone asks, you'll get war at the end... if you say gay people should be punnished, because thier ashamefull, what do you think such a person does? it's like saying to hetrosexuals that they should find a man for you feel ashamed of being next to him/her, it's not just strange to ask... it's impossible for such a person to stay sane cause he can't accept himself but he also can't trust anyone else. just stop pushing people in a life that's not fitting and you'll see there's peace for everyone but...
the blaming game won't help you nor will it help anyone else in fact it makes things worse... with your words you're giving muslims no chance of acceptence of life, they can't ignore thier religion like you say, just like you might not be able to stop liking good looking females or whatever taste you've got.
i'm not religious myself but i really wish you to learned to understand others cause if you can't you are one of those who might become one of these so called terrorists, cause you and they are talking the same language.
I am not condemning their religion like I said I am criticising it. Of course I know people follow their religion differently. I'm just saying that when someone criticizes Islam why do people bring up something that is not relevant to the conversation like christianity. People like you seem to think that we aren't aware that all other religions have their flaws just like islam. The reason I like criticising Islam though is because Islam has not been called out on its bullshit as much as christianity has because people like you are quick to defend them.

Last edited by Gingerbread Crumb,

brickmii82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not "religious" either. I have a system of faith. It's my own take on Christianity. Many atrocities have been committed in the "religious" name of Christ. However they don't seem to follow his teachings. When, according to the Gospel, he was presented with the opportunity to enforce the law of the Old Testament he chose to show love to the woman who was being condemned instead of judgment. Christianity is "supposed" to be pretty much emulating the life and attitude of Jesus Christ. Yet organized and politicized parties have claimed horrible acts to be done in his name. It's sad. A faith, that to me, was intended to be non-judgmental and full of love and acceptance has been manipulated and tarnished so severely, that it turns people away from faith altogether.

Fugelmir

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think the most shocking thing I've seen is the polygamy combined with child marriage. You'll visit a colleague and have him with 3 or 4 wives you mistake as children as they're all prepubescent. This isn't terrorism, it's mainstream islam. Somali girls or girls from other impoverished nations purchased with Saudi oil money. I don't know the statistics and I wouldn't dare ask but it's certainly very common.

Not to say they're all treated badly: they are generally provided for at the cost of their freedom. In some cases they're better off as brides than starving. I never would have thought the western world and Nato would allow it.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

Jack Daniels

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm not "religious" either. I have a system of faith. It's my own take on Christianity. Many atrocities have been committed in the "religious" name of Christ. However they don't seem to follow his teachings. When, according to the Gospel, he was presented with the opportunity to enforce the law of the Old Testament he chose to show love to the woman who was being condemned instead of judgment. Christianity is "supposed" to be pretty much emulating the life and attitude of Jesus Christ. Yet organized and politicized parties have claimed horrible acts to be done in his name. It's sad. A faith, that to me, was intended to be non-judgmental and full of love and acceptance has been manipulated and tarnished so severely, that it turns people away from faith altogether.
reed the old testamony again, it's not about love!!! it's about hate, hate towards gay people, hate to those who have another religion than the writer, hate towards politicians and about getting lost for 40 years with god being next to the people and let them life for 40 years in a small desert that even without his help they should've found out to walk out within a year.

I am not condemning their religion like I said I am criticising it. Of course I know people follow their religion differently. I'm just saying that when someone criticizes Islam why do people bring up something that is not relevant to the conversation like christianity. People like you seem to think that we aren't aware that all other religions have their flaws just like islam. The reason I like criticising Islam though is because Islam has not been called out on its bullshit as much as christianity has because people like you are quick to defend them.
not defending them, christiannety is mostly the same religion... so it's pointless, if the jews were wrong then christians and islam can't be right either... just saying they're simular more than you thought they were... didn't read the scrolls, the books and all and see it's the same word by another author?

Last edited by Jack Daniels,

brickmii82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
reed the old testamony again, it's not about love!!! it's about hate, hate towards gay people, hate to those who have another religion than the writer, hate towards politicians and about getting lost for 40 years with god being next to the people and let them life for 40 years in a small desert that even without his help they should've found out to walk out within a year.

not defending them, christiannety is mostly the same religion... so it's pointless, if the jews were wrong then christians and islam can't be right either... just saying they're simular more than you thought they were... didn't read the scrolls, the books and all and see it's the same word by another author?
If this is what you got out of it, then so be it. Although I'd suggest you read what's known as the Gospel again. It's the first five books of the New Testament. Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, and Acts. As for both Islam and Judaiism, along with Christianity all stemming from the same source, you are correct. They all essentially stem from from Abram, who was renamed Abraham/Abrahim by God according to the Bible/Quran, and his sons Isaac and Ishmael. Islam believes Ishmael was gods chosen son, and Judaiism/Christianity believes Isaac to be. Like I said though, I personally don't bible thump on Old Testament law. Christs life(and death technically)is supposed to be the establishment of a new law, and it's love. Read the gospel I've mentioned and you'll see what I mean. I could go into detail about why I, personally, find those 5 books more important than anything else, but it's a deep subject that's lengthy to explain.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It must be the 1st already
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    1st of what?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    may?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh yeah it's in September
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, yea i think its different
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ok, because here it's in september, right before the fuckin school year starts
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
    TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands: I appreciate the insight!