Gaming 5.50 Gen-D3 to 6.20 TN Hen-A

mayhem366

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
At the minute I have a PSP 2000 non-TA86 motherboard or whatever the problematic boards are.
It is running 5.50 Gen-D3 allowing me to run my backups and homebrew.
I was considering updating to 6.20 and then using Total_Noob's Hen. Is it worth doing this?

It was always my understanding that HEN was for PSP2000 TA86/PSP3000/PSPGo users as they could not install CFW.
Is this the case?
You have to load the Patapon 2 demo every time to load the Half-Byte-Loader which then enables you to run your homebrew am I correct?
This just seems like a pain in the arse when CFW allows me to load it straight from the VSH...

Quietlyawesome94

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You just gave yourself the answer man, its a freaking pain, it can't load all isos and Homebrew, it tends to crash, and u have to load it each time you power your psp.... my opinion. STAY ON GEN 3

GuardianSoul

Translator
Trophies
Website
www.guardiansoul.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have used 5.50 GEN-D3 on my old PSP 2000, and I'm currently using 6.20 TN Hen-B on my PSP 3000 now...

...And these are a few reasons why you shouldn't upgrade to 6.20.

- Backup compatibility
6.20 TN Hen-B's backup compatibility (or actually Prometeus' ISO Loader) is nearly perfect, but there are some games incompatible.
- Plugins
Currently, 5.50 supports more plugins than 6.20.
- PSX backup support
There isn't any Popsloader released for 6.20 to PSX backup games yet.
- Theme support
6.20 DOES have a CXMB plugin, but there aren't many themes for it, 5.50 has more
- Restarting
When you restart your PSP when you're on 6.20, you have to do the steps all over to run the HEN, like you said.
- ISO loading
5.50 Gen-D3 and 5.50 Prometheus have a build-in ISO Loader, you can access your backups from the XMB menu...
With 6.20 you have to download a homebrew ISO Loader or you have to download a plugin which give you access to
launch backups from the XMB menu.

I would recommend you to get 5.50 Prometheus, this one's backup compatibility is slightly better than 5.50 GEN-D3, it can run 6.20 games like KINGDOM HEARTS: Birth by Sleep, and you won't have to run the HEN again and again.

Conclusion: ONLY upgrade to 6.20 if you REALLY want the Sense-Me (Music) Channels and the Digital Comics feature.

mayhem366

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
You guys have just backed up my own thoughts. I did try Prometheus at one point but it ballsed up my saves and there was no fix when I tried it I think. I also have the Sense-Me music channel because someone managed to port it back to 5.50 a little while back and the comic reader is wasted on me so it looks like CFW will be staying
smile.gif

Cheers guys.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3xQO7neBmy0&pp=ygUXU2hvd2VyIHNjZW5lIEhhbGYgYmFrZWQ%3D