Hacking 5.4.0 progress

bbcali89

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ya know i read this thread and the wiiu section, and wow. The majority of you people are ungrateful and unappreciative of what people do in their free time. YOU guys don't get it. They dont hack stuff for you. They hack it for the experience, to say they did it. To have fun. They dont owe you anything. That goes for hy,plutoo,math,crediar,smea, ysl8 etc etc
None of em owe you anything. You need to remember they are people too. If they choose to release something be grateful, say thanks and move on.

Finally patience goes a long way. You have the ability to either encourage them, or make them hate the scene all together.

Ps: remember to have fun !

:)

Irastris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ya know i read this thread and the wiiu section, and wow. The majority of you people are ungrateful and unappreciative of what people do in their free time. YOU guys don't get it. They dont hack stuff for you. They hack it for the experience, to say they did it. To have fun. They dont owe you anything. That goes for hy,plutoo,math,crediar,smea, ysl8 etc etc
None of em owe you anything. You need to remember they are people too. If they choose to release something be grateful, say thanks and move on.

Finally patience goes a long way. You have the ability to either encourage them, or make them hate the scene all together.

Ps: remember to have fun !

:)
Okay? I wasn't aware anyone was thinking that way. We're all just glad to test what @Onion_Knight produces to be tested.

afra

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
Hi and thank u for reading this . my friend's Wii u is on 5.4'( Mario maker bundle) and we have some questions : to aks
1 he has Mario maker physical copy but didn't put it in console . can he play Mario maker offline from disk without any update ? How about online course play ?

2 - For 5.4 F.M is there any iso loader ? Or it's only for 5.3.2 ?

Thank u so much for your time and wait for answer

Last edited by afra,

oumoumad

Trophies
XP
Country
France
@Onion_Knight Dimok has tested loadiine on his 5.3.2 using the mp4 exploit, and he had the same freeze, this means the problem is not in the firmware version, it is probably caused by the exploit itself.
This could have something to do with the video player.
I'm just telling you this so you can test more efficiently using your own Wii U. Just compile it with sysver=532. Yellows8 said that the payload-heap-addr is off in 5.3.2 for now, but Dimok told me it might not be a problem for us. Anyway you'll understand this stuff better than me.

Also for the active members with testing, thank you for giving your time to help make this work ;).

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hi and thank u for reading this . my friend's Wii u is on 5.4'( Mario maker bundle) and we have some questions : to aks
1 he has Mario maker physical copy but didn't put it in console . can he play Mario maker offline from disk without any update ? How about online course play ?

2 - For 5.4 F.M is there any iso loader ? Or it's only for 5.3.2 ?

Thank u so much for your time and wait for answer

Today we do have a backup loader working on 5.4.0 too, and not only that, we have a spoofer that would make you access online without updating your firmware.
Backup loader that works so far on 5.4.0 is Loadiine V2. we are trying to make loadiine V3 and V4 work on 5.4.0 now since it has better game list support.
As for spoofing (to play online without updating) just search for wup installer for 5.4.0

First thing your friend should do is block nintendo updates, look at how to setup TubeHAX DNS, so far that's the easiest and most efficient way (check this thread ) and then he can plug in the disk and play without worrying to get auto updates, Mario maker has 5.4.0 in it, so it should work directly.

afra

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
@Onion_Knight Dimok has tested loadiine on his 5.3.2 using the mp4 exploit, and he had the same freeze, this means the problem is not in the firmware version, it is probably caused by the exploit itself.
This could have something to do with the video player.
I'm just telling you this so you can test more efficiently using your own Wii U. Just compile it with sysver=532. Yellows8 said that the payload-heap-addr is off in 5.3.2 for now, but Dimok told me it might not be a problem for us. Anyway you'll understand this stuff better than me.

Also for the active members with testing, thank you for giving your time to help make this work ;).

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Today we do have a backup loader working on 5.4.0 too, and not only that, we have a spoofer that would make you access online without updating your firmware.
Backup loader that works so far on 5.4.0 is Loadiine V2. we are trying to make loadiine V3 and V4 work on 5.4.0 now since it has better game list support.
As for spoofing (to play online without updating) just search for wup installer for 5.4.0

First thing your friend should do is block nintendo updates, look at how to setup TubeHAX DNS, so far that's the easiest and most efficient way (check this thread ) and then he can plug in the disk and play without worrying to get auto updates, Mario maker has 5.4.0 in it, so it should work directly.

Thank u so much indeed he would be really happy . We will check on those threads have a nice day

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: https://kotaku.com/nintendo-switch-yuzu-emulator-github-piracy-zelda-1851452740