Gaming Homebrew Review 4IFIR / OC Suite - Showcases (performance / power consumption)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I literally performed a miracle in front of your eyes, but you came up with an explanation that was more convenient for you, ignoring a number of facts.
It really wasn’t - you compared performance at 384MHz and 1228MHz with all else being equal and got a predictable 3x-ish performance increase at full utilisation, which is exactly what we wanted to test.
Maybe he's lying.
I have no reason to believe that, but I would like to see the source and see what exactly is different between 4FIR and just regular Atmosphere with the same plugins. A GIT lets us do that, no GIT and we’re looking for needles in haystacks.
However, this is no longer relevant, since I started the repository on your advice. Now the question is, where should I return if I feel like an outcast at the GBA. You guys were even ready to give the unfortunate thread of OC Suite to anyone, but decided to refuse me. Trust level - Kuller3D.
You’re running a fork, not the original Switch OC Suite repository, so I’ll tell you in public the same as I told you in private - *your* fork can have *its own* thread so that there’s no confusion in regards to who maintains what repository. I offered linking your thread in the original since, to my knowledge, you’re the only maintainer of the only active fork of KazushiMe’s code, but you’re not KazushiMe, nor are you the OP, so I see no reason to move custody of the original thread to you. It would only cause confusion. I get that you want superior SEO scores for your work, but you can earn those yourself by having a good work ethic. Don’t worry about KazushiMe’s repository or the thread about it - worry about your own.

Cooler3D

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia

Is it okay that these 1228 MHz give me more performance than they should with a linear extrapolation of stock values? And at the same time almost no energy costs are added?

Okay, forget it, you figured me out. There is no gain, I just stole the OC Suite from KazushiMe and call it 4IFIR. There is no magic boost, and you've all been fooled and faked videos and screenshots. Everyone who spoke positively about me, my mult accounts.

I give up.

If I haven't impressed you by now, I can't impress you at all.

Lamcza

Typ tego typu.
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Do you doubt the accuracy of the telemetry in my screenshots?

Okay, looks like I'm ripe for this self-humiliating act. Listen, since you're my multi-account... Have you been banned from the RetroNX discord yet? I've been banned there for a year and a half. Ask CtCaer if there is a place for me on their Discord? "4IFIR and OC Suite - RetroNX exclusive", he could not cancel them, but he will be able to lead, which is much better. I even recently started repositories for both projects. He still won't find a better offer.

I will, together with him and his secarii, cancel other promising projects. I'm tired of being decent, no one believes me at the GBA anyway.
I think iam not banned there yet but I might burn CtCaer path already : D I was asking him for help with my partition based/ SD card bigger than 128gb booting issues and he kinda ignore me besides one sentence 😔 that bring nothing to my issue, but I get it, dude is probably receives some solid spam constantly : p. So if you want to communicate with them use some real alt account 😞 😁

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
"I have a repository now!"
"Oh good where is it?"
"Um, look how fast I can make this game go!"
Repeat ad nauseum.

It's not proof he's lying but it's a reason to wonder.
I would be much happier if it was all on GIT, but it’s not my job to put it there - I can only represent my expectation. I’m giving him praise because he finally put the OC Suite on GIT as a proper fork, and that shows good intent on his part. I’m trying to be fair here - I scold when I’m disappointed, I give praise when I’m satisfied, but ultimately I’m nobody’s daddy… except the missus, she can call me that, but that’s none of y’all business. B-)

Reactions: AngryCinnabon

Cooler3D

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
I think iam not banned there yet but I might burn CtCaer path already : D I was asking him for help with my partition based/ SD card bigger than 128gb booting issues and he kinda ignore me besides one sentence 😔 that bring nothing to my issue, but I get it, dude is probably receives some solid spam constantly : p. So if you want to communicate with them use some real alt account 😞 😁

For the first and last time in my life, when I created an alt account to write to CtC, I was banned 3 seconds after joining Discord. I didn't even have time to remember. Maybe I should have chosen a different nickname...

• Haha
Reactions: Lamcza

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Is it okay that these 1228 MHz give me more performance than they should with a linear extrapolation of stock values? And at the same time almost no energy costs are added?

Okay, forget it, you figured me out. There is no gain, I just stole the OC Suite from KazushiMe and call it 4IFIR. There is no magic boost, and you've all been fooled and faked videos and screenshots. Everyone who spoke positively about me, my mult accounts.

I give up.

If I haven't impressed you by now, I can't impress you at all.
See, you’re treating it as an attack again. I just gave you a compliment and you’re still sour. I think I’m giving up, if anything. I don’t know what you’re expecting me to say, that it’s magic? Silicon isn’t magic, it’s actually quite predictable. Your result is good - that’s praise.

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
See, you’re treating it as an attack again. I just gave you a compliment and you’re still sour. I think I’m giving up, if anything. I don’t know what you’re expecting me to say, that it’s magic? Silicon isn’t magic, it’s actually quite predictable. Your result is good - that’s praise.
He wants people to worship him for performing some secret magic, because he's so much more special and important than all the other people whose work he uses without respect or licence following.

Lamcza

Typ tego typu.
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
For the first and last time in my life, when I created an alt account to write to CtC, I was banned 3 seconds after joining Discord. I didn't even have time to remember. Maybe I should have chosen a different nickname...
Did you try Even_Cooler_3d I bet they can't fight it in time ; D

Cooler3D

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
and he kinda ignore me besides one sentence

You're still lucky. Do you know why they banned my main account? I suggested that instead of hating and hostility towards me, to cooperate, I expressed my intention to try to combine efforts and knowledge so that 4IFIR could be safe and effective. I recognized their authority and expertise, despite the fact that these guys hounded and insulted me for a month at the GBA. I was polite to the end. They made fun of me, and P-Sam banned me with the wording - "because I can."

It was unpleasant. It was unfair, undeserved. Since then, they continue to compose all sorts of nasty things about me. I'm preemptively banned even in those Discord communities that I've never joined. I didn't know it was even possible before joining. Using their authority, they canceled me everywhere they could get, including Digital Foundry and HBApstore.

When I ignore the questions of one of the participants in the bullying here, I show politeness. On a good note, I should send them fucking with their demands. But I don't. I am courteous.

Did you try Even_Cooler_3d I bet they can't fight it in time ; D

I am not kidding. The Cooler3D account with my avatar stayed on the RetroNX Discord for 3 seconds.
For any mention of 4IFIR, until recently, anyone was banned there without warning. It's scary to imagine how many innocent users went to the ban.

He wants people to worship him for performing some secret magic

Nothing secret. You guys said that I'm not even a developer, accusing me of stealing the GPL (lol) code from KazushiMe. I strongly agree with you. Everything was so. And, for example. the fact that I am the only person in the world who managed to make lpddr4x memory work almost twice as fast as the theoretical limit is all fake, deceit and juggling.
There is no repository, not even OC Suite. This KazushiMe, canceled by your friends, has returned from the other world to upvote his outstanding project.
You guys always were right, I know next to nothing about what I'm doing.
But I still understand this more than all the participants of RetroNX combined, including the legendary, authoritative canceler of projects, which could be seen dozens of times in a year and a half.

Last edited by Cooler3D,

ucupetuks

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
There is no mention of "16 w" in the post.
If you mean "16Wh" (watt hours), then this is the Switch battery capacity: "3.7 V 15.95 Wh (4310 mAh) Li-ion battery".
"~6W" means the average power consumption in watts.
16wh battery in tablet that what i said in table top mode switch only has this battery
but when joycon attach it become 20wh (4310mah tablet + 1050mah joycon), go try by yourself using usbc watt meter, 8w oc switch run out 2.5hrs
Post automatically merged:

Sure:

~STOCK Mariko ~5W (16Wh / 5W = 3.2 hours)
2023031623032000-91C78198891F7BDDCEB1685BA4827A23.jpg

4IFIR + 60FPS + Enhanced visual ~6W (16Wh / 6W = 2.6 hours)
2023031623113700-91C78198891F7BDDCEB1685BA4827A23.jpg
i do believe this screenshot stock mariko took when hit peak power
and oc version took at lowest power read
lol try using watt meter instead you give inaccurate data,
stock mariko only consume 3.7w (avg power) at 1020/460/1333
oc 1785/921/1998 rising to 8w (avg power)
:teach:

Last edited by ucupetuks,

meha

Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
16wh battery in tablet that what i said in table top mode switch only has this battery
but when joycon attach it become 20wh (4310mah tablet + 1050mah joycon), go try by yourself using usbc watt meter, 8w oc switch run out 2.5hrs
joycon battery is independent from the switch and joycon can be charged from the switch but not vice versa.
else we would be seeing joycon battery pack products

ucupetuks

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
joycon battery is independent from the switch and joycon can be charged from the switch but not vice versa.
else we would be seeing joycon battery pack products
you missing my point, you can try tablet only vs joycon attached how long switch can last
and i believe many people didnt notice this :rofl2: sad

Last edited by ucupetuks,

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Nothing secret. You guys said that I'm not even a developer, accusing me of stealing the GPL (lol) code from KazushiMe. I strongly agree with you. Everything was so. And, for example. the fact that I am the only person in the world who managed to make lpddr4x memory work almost twice as fast as the theoretical limit is all fake, deceit and juggling.
There is no repository, not even OC Suite. This KazushiMe, canceled by your friends, has returned from the other world to upvote his outstanding project.
You guys always were right, I know next to nothing about what I'm doing.
But I still understand this more than all the participants of RetroNX combined, including the legendary, authoritative canceler of projects, which could be seen dozens of times in a year and a half.
Not gonna bother trying to read your tiny text in nested spoilers that don't work, but it's funny you assume that anyone who tells you to do the right thing must be friends and part of some group conspiracy against you. You may be shocked to learn that software licenses and people's feelings about them existed before RetroNX.

Reactions: Bricked

Bricked

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Using their authority, they canceled me everywhere they could get, including Digital Foundry and HBApstore.

Fact check:

Cooler3D has never had contact with Digital Foundry, this is one of many lies he was caught in and the kind of behavior that leads to his getting banned from multiple communities.

He claimed he was in contact with them to make a video but little did he know RetroNX had already worked with Digital Foundry to provide sys-clk tools for videos and m4xw simply asked them about it:

df.jpg

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
RetroNX had already worked with Digital Foundry to provide sys-clk tools for videos and m4xw simply asked them about it
I can confirm that's true m4xw has contact with DF. I was talking with DF 3 years ago to clarify how ReverseNX works and they got my contact info from m4xw.

Reactions: Bricked

ms2048

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
2. So I tried switch-oc-suite latest version and it works fine on emunand, but on sysnand overclocking above factory clocks(1.7/0.921/1600) does not work. Is this intended or bug?

This is one of the safety catches designed to prevent you from accidentally shooting yourself in the knee. There are a lot of them in OC Suite, and even more in 4IFIR. Thanks to this, I can flaunt that in millions of downloads, not a single case of console failure is known.

I tried to provide even the most unlikely scenarios to prevent the user from committing console suicide. For example, if you try to hack an online configurator and force it to create a dangerously high voltage kip for you, 4IFIR will pretend that you have achieved what you wanted, while actually continuing to operate at a safe value.
With OC Suite, it is better not to repeat the above :)
so wait, this means that both OC Suite and 4IFIR are USELESS on sysnand now? what a bummer :(

meha

Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
so wait, this means that both OC Suite and 4IFIR are USELESS on sysnand now? what a bummer :(

I tested with 4ifir and overclocking works fine even on sysnand. Dunno why cooler removed it from sysnand in oc-suite

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Really, kids? More Discord Drama?

I’m gonna suspend the next person that uses the word “cancel”, just for my own amusement. I swear to god, this is why we can’t have nice things on the Internet. Just let the man cook. Cook, put your stuff on GitHub so we can examine it. Otherwise, everybody go take a chill pill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/vKQN3UiNNHY?si=fP6ZlFe-DhQf9SW7