bay0man

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
hello you ggbatemp genious dudes. i just playend end of project rub (bought it new for 10euros lols) i want to play other games too and this ds-x seems to be best option! but 4gigabits = 512megs, can you fit all roms to it? coz i dont want to be like i used to be with gba, i gots only 128mega bits and my friend got 256 and he can play all games.. even taht role playing game with disney characters and i love goofy and donald duck and mickey mouse
cry.gif
so if there will be some hot megagame that will be for example 513megabits can you fit it to ds-x or is there alerady bigger games?

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
the biggest game nojw is 1gigabit or (128mbyte), so you can technically fit 4 of those on the ds-x (I'm assuming the loader stuff doesn't take space or anything).

cory1492

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
From what I understand, the biggest game they can make without changing the official specs of a DS cart is 4Gigabit (512Mbyte). I'd almost think this was taken into account when they designed DS-X.

By "without changing the official specs of a DS cart" I essentially mean game makers not going through Big-N's channels to have the hardware produced (and this is very rare if you ask me), and using hardware in the cart that would likely be much more expensive to produce.

lurker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
From what I understand, the biggest game they can make without changing the official specs of a DS cart is 4Gigabit (512Mbyte). I'd almost think this was taken into account when they designed DS-X.

By "without changing the official specs of a DS cart" I essentially mean game makers not going through Big-N's channels to have the hardware produced (and this is very rare if you ask me), and using hardware in the cart that would likely be much more expensive to produce.
...completely wrong, the biggest DS card is 128 MiB. Also, the "changing the official specs of a DS cart" is a bit misleading, developers have used "bankswitching" to increase the available size of carts before, but it's far too expensive to realistically make something larger than 512 MiB, or even 128 MiB, for that matter.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: