4gigabits ?

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by bay0man, Sep 8, 2006.

Sep 8, 2006

4gigabits ? by bay0man at 6:32 AM (1,466 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. bay0man
    OP

Banned bay0man Banned

Finland
    hello you ggbatemp genious dudes. i just playend end of project rub (bought it new for 10euros lols) i want to play other games too and this ds-x seems to be best option! but 4gigabits = 512megs, can you fit all roms to it? coz i dont want to be like i used to be with gba, i gots only 128mega bits and my friend got 256 and he can play all games.. even taht role playing game with disney characters and i love goofy and donald duck and mickey mouse [​IMG] so if there will be some hot megagame that will be for example 513megabits can you fit it to ds-x or is there alerady bigger games?

2. tama_mog

Member tama_mog Kupo

United States
    the biggest game nojw is 1gigabit or (128mbyte), so you can technically fit 4 of those on the ds-x (I'm assuming the loader stuff doesn't take space or anything).

3. bay0man
    OP

Banned bay0man Banned

Finland
    thanks... i dont like to be warn 10% [​IMG]

4. tama_mog

Member tama_mog Kupo

United States
    I don't even know what you're talking about there.....warn 10%?

5. cory1492

Member cory1492 GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    From what I understand, the biggest game they can make without changing the official specs of a DS cart is 4Gigabit (512Mbyte). I'd almost think this was taken into account when they designed DS-X.

By "without changing the official specs of a DS cart" I essentially mean game makers not going through Big-N's channels to have the hardware produced (and this is very rare if you ask me), and using hardware in the cart that would likely be much more expensive to produce.

6. lurker

Newcomer lurker Member

...completely wrong, the biggest DS card is 128 MiB. Also, the "changing the official specs of a DS cart" is a bit misleading, developers have used "bankswitching" to increase the available size of carts before, but it's far too expensive to realistically make something larger than 512 MiB, or even 128 MiB, for that matter.

7. kalibar

Member kalibar GBAtemp Regular

United States
    That's not what he meant, dude. He's saying "in theory, 4Gb is as big as shit could get." Obviously, things are much smaller in reality.