bay0man

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
hello you ggbatemp genious dudes. i just playend end of project rub (bought it new for 10euros lols) i want to play other games too and this ds-x seems to be best option! but 4gigabits = 512megs, can you fit all roms to it? coz i dont want to be like i used to be with gba, i gots only 128mega bits and my friend got 256 and he can play all games.. even taht role playing game with disney characters and i love goofy and donald duck and mickey mouse
cry.gif
so if there will be some hot megagame that will be for example 513megabits can you fit it to ds-x or is there alerady bigger games?

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
the biggest game nojw is 1gigabit or (128mbyte), so you can technically fit 4 of those on the ds-x (I'm assuming the loader stuff doesn't take space or anything).

cory1492

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
From what I understand, the biggest game they can make without changing the official specs of a DS cart is 4Gigabit (512Mbyte). I'd almost think this was taken into account when they designed DS-X.

By "without changing the official specs of a DS cart" I essentially mean game makers not going through Big-N's channels to have the hardware produced (and this is very rare if you ask me), and using hardware in the cart that would likely be much more expensive to produce.

lurker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
From what I understand, the biggest game they can make without changing the official specs of a DS cart is 4Gigabit (512Mbyte). I'd almost think this was taken into account when they designed DS-X.

By "without changing the official specs of a DS cart" I essentially mean game makers not going through Big-N's channels to have the hardware produced (and this is very rare if you ask me), and using hardware in the cart that would likely be much more expensive to produce.
...completely wrong, the biggest DS card is 128 MiB. Also, the "changing the official specs of a DS cart" is a bit misleading, developers have used "bankswitching" to increase the available size of carts before, but it's far too expensive to realistically make something larger than 512 MiB, or even 128 MiB, for that matter.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • MightyJAK @ MightyJAK:
    it can't be plugged into a USB reader (it's made from a regular SD card to USB adapter, but with the USB end modded to a Dreamcast serial plug)
    Gift
  • MightyJAK @ MightyJAK:
    It was working fine before I installed the GDEMU, but now the Dreamcast doesn't recognize it when I boot up Dreamshell.
    Gift
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    ahhh I gotcha. yeah haven't looked at it that much so I'm not super familiar with the hardware
    Gift
  • MightyJAK @ MightyJAK:
    Can't find any threads about this particular issue on GBAtemp or the wider intarwebz. Saw one video on YouTube that seemed relevant, but it was some dude with the same issue, no solutions offered in the comments. :/
    Gift
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    my teacher was showing me something and i noticed they had gbatemp open in another window
    Gift
  • SpazzyShinobi @ SpazzyShinobi:
    when worlds collide
    +1
    Gift
  • MightyJAK @ MightyJAK:
    Your teacher is ONE OF US... ONE OF US...
    +2
    Gift
    they could be in this very chat, they could be any one of us
    Gift
  • MightyJAK @ MightyJAK:
    InB4 "Julie, get back to work on your homework, that assignment is due tomorrow."
    +1
    Gift
    god damn no one ever wants to talk to me but the MOMENT i start studying everyone got shit to say to me
    Gift
  • Gift
    (not you guys tho, you guys are cool :)
    Gift
    fuck how do i use emoticons within parenthesis
    Gift
    i left out the closing bracket but that just looks incomplete
    Gift
  • RichardTheKing @ RichardTheKing:
    https://gbatemp.net/chat/message/110146/view
    Imagine if that teacher was, I dunno, pingpong or DinohScene or some other mod or admin...that'd be something, huh.
    +1
    Gift
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The teacher just wanted to know what kind of perverted debauchery Julie was watching on the school computer instead of studying.
    +2
    Gift
    what? no, i totalllyyyyy do all my schoolwork
    Gift
    aw, who am i kidding, if i did my work i wouldnt be talking to you guys right now
    +1
    Gift
  • Gift
  • Freezer6 @ Freezer6:
    That's right @Julie_Pilgrim
    +2
    Gift
    are there people out there actually insane enough to pay $20/month for photoshop
    Gift
  • Chaosta @ Chaosta:
    considering theres people out there who pay to watch anime. yeah.
    Gift
  • Veho @ Veho:
    If your job involves Photoshop, $20 is not much.
    Gift
  • Gift
  • Veho @ Veho:
    YEET
    Gift
    Veho @ Veho: YEET