Hacking 4GB Sandisk micro SD with the M3 Real?

fizzlepop

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

I just ordered an M3 DS Real and a 4GB Sandisk micro SD to go with it... will this card work OK with it? I read an earlier post about how fast the A-DATA card was with it and I did see those available, but opted to either get the Sandisk or the Kingston as both of thos cards seem to be shipping w/ the bundles they have out... I figured they'd be fine, but I was wondering if anyone had any slowdown issues or anything like that with this card...

Thanks in advance!

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Kingston or A-DATA is a far superior choice. You might find the Sandisk booting games slower, crashing more frequently in troublesome games, and even videos might lag
tongue.gif

fizzlepop

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Crap.. ok, thanks for letting me know... I'm gonna go and try to cancel my order now and grab a couple of A-data cards instead...

roadbusta

Trophies
Website
www.google.com.au
XP
Country
Is it true that Sandisk crashes more? I heard that with M3 real it doesn't matter which card you use. I just ordered a 2GB Micro SD Sandisk, so I'm kind of worried
frown.gif

kafworld

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ordered four 6GB Sandisk SDHC cards for my four M3DS Reals I just received. Card boots fine. However, when I press "A" to load game it freezes. I've tried other methods such as removing games, changing to different cards, etc amd it still freezes when I try to launch a game. Like I said, it boots to the main screen and I can navigate the menus fine. the problem only happens when I go to launch a game. Any suggestions?

CZroe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ordered four 6GB Sandisk SDHC cards for my four M3DS Reals I just received. Card boots fine. However, when I press "A" to load game it freezes. I've tried other methods such as removing games, changing to different cards, etc amd it still freezes when I try to launch a game. Like I said, it boots to the main screen and I can navigate the menus fine. the problem only happens when I go to launch a game. Any suggestions?
Mine did that with a Kingston 1GB microSD when my softmod for English system software on the Chinese version was botched. Are you softmodding?

xlr8r

Trophies
XP
Country
I ordered four 6GB Sandisk SDHC cards for my four M3DS Reals I just received. Card boots fine. However, when I press "A" to load game it freezes. I've tried other methods such as removing games, changing to different cards, etc amd it still freezes when I try to launch a game. Like I said, it boots to the main screen and I can navigate the menus fine. the problem only happens when I go to launch a game. Any suggestions?

Same here m8!! bought 2 x sandisk 4gb microSD (HC). I have noticed that once you go over 2.7gb of files on it, it will emit exactly the same symptoms you & I get. try deleting a handful of games (i left about 70 games) and try it in your M3DS real again.

You know you have put too many on as you will get invalid file sizes when you switch your NDS on, it will display something stupid like "12856MB" wheras the normal is a max size of 512MB.

Not quite sure the reason for this bug, but a bug it is! hopefully its a M3DS Real problem and not a fault with the Sandisk's...?

another posibility is of course....our sandisks could be fakes !!!

if you get any more info , please PM me. thanks.

xlr8r

Sonicslasher

In Law we trust.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
O NOEEES!!! I GOTTAGOCANCELORDERCAUSEIMUNSUREIFITWILLWORKITUSY DIESAS. FORWARD THIS KRAPPY SPELLED FWD WITHEN 3 MINTUES OR YOU'LL FART ON YOUR EX GIRLFRIEND
biggrin.gif

I just felt like doing that...
but does the size of a micro SD affect gameplay?

xlr8r

Trophies
XP
Country

Same here m8!! bought 2 x sandisk 4gb microSD (HC). I have noticed that once you go over 2.7gb of files on it, it will emit exactly the same symptoms you & I get. try deleting a handful of games (i left about 70 games) and try it in your M3DS real again.

You know you have put too many on as you will get invalid file sizes when you switch your NDS on, it will display something stupid like "12856MB" wheras the normal is a max size of 512MB.

Not quite sure the reason for this bug, but a bug it is! hopefully its a M3DS Real problem and not a fault with the Sandisk's...?

another posibility is of course....our sandisks could be fakes !!!

if you get any more info , please PM me. thanks.

xlr8r

ok, ive just confirmed it, if you have any more than 70 .nds files in the NDS game folder (on a Sandisk 4GB), it will lock-up the M3DS real ! i did 2 tests with 2 x 4gb Sandisks. if >70 roms = M3D real meltdown!

would like to hear if anyone is having similar probs ??

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: guys why the hell is my internet connection so shit rn?