Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
CannonFoddr said:
I know that we can use the (U) version instead of the PAL version - but Newbies may start posting asking why they can't use patch on the PAL
"PAL, short for Phase Alternating Line, is an analogue television encoding system used in broadcast television systems in large parts of the world."

How does that apply to a NDS game?

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Depravo said:
CannonFoddr said:
I know that we can use the (U) version instead of the PAL version - but Newbies may start posting asking why they can't use patch on the PAL
"PAL, short for Phase Alternating Line, is an analogue television encoding system used in broadcast television systems in large parts of the world."

How does that apply to a NDS game?
It has come to be, possibly inaccurately, associated with European releases of the game.
Though it's proper to say "(E)", as in (J) for Japan, (U) for US, and (E) for Europe.

gregoryh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, well (twiztidsinz), I don't remember the last post I read on here where I thought to myself 'that persons english is poor', do you ?

Or did you not understand why I put this 'Assuming that most members here can speak english well (and that does seem to be the vast majority of users here).'.

Or maybe you have an exclusive deal with these AP patches whereby you get them first or have people who are members here who make the AP patches.

I would assume that their are other forums in other languages where these issues are being discussed as well.

People have the right to go where they like on the internet and do what they will with it.

I didn't mean to give the impression that I was suggesting they should go somewhere other than this forum if that's what you are inferring by your comment, I was just making what I thought to be a logical statement of fact.

Sorry I stepped on a few toes. I didn't mean to.

Jaruga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome. I have a R4 clone (I didnt knew at the time I bought it)
I havnt been able to play any new games but somehow I got Ysmenu working on it and I am now able to play Both Bowser's inside story and Zelda with train controls.
I am happy now because Im a poor student who does not make money at the moment xD>
When I have the money Im going to buy the game for sure.!

Thanx for all the (nice) people on this forum by posting patches and ways to install things.

I have a R4 SDHC.

Works perfectly now... Thanx!

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
gregoryh said:
Yeah, well I don't remember the last post I read on here where I thought to myself 'that persons english is poor', do you ?Remember specifically? ...no.
Remember it happening? At least 3 times a day that I read the forum.

gregoryh said:
Or did you not understand why I put this 'Assuming that most members here can speak english well (and that does seem to be the vast majority of users here).'.But not all members here read/type English well.
And not everyone in the world is a member here. New people join the forums when they go looking for help with a game.
That's how I came to be here...

gregoryh said:
I would assume that their are other forums in other languages where these issues are being discussed as well.
Sure... but those other forums might not have the large user base that GBAtemp does...
Or might just be people translating and re-posting info from GBAtemp.

QUOTE(gregoryh @ Dec 9 2009, 05:23 PM)
People have the right to go where they like on the internet and do what they will with it.
Yep. They do. They also have the right to play the version of the game they feel is best for them.
If they want to play the (E) version of the game that is in their language, who are you to tell them they are "noobs" for it?

Popin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I just tried the new patch and it works for my DS Linker. I can control the train now, which was my only issue.

If you have a DS Linker, remember to change your save state to 4 flash, just like with Phantom Hourglass.

gregoryh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, well. I edited my first post , but, and I quote 'Oh goodie, another noob who thinks everyone speaks and reads English fluently enough to play a game' .

'You' assumed that I was a Noob. What did you base that assumption on ? Was It the fact that I had made fewer posts here/wasn't as prolific a user as you, here. Or was it the fact that despite not being a profilic poster here, that I joined here before you ? Sorry m8, but like I said, I meant no offence.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
gregoryh said:
'You' assumed that I was a Noob. What did you base that assumption on ? Was It the fact that I had made fewer posts here/wasn't as prolific a user as you, here. Or was it the fact that despite not being a profilic poster here, that I joined here before you ? Sorry m8, but like I said, I meant no offence.
It had nothing to do with post count.
It had nothing to do with your previous posts.
It had nothing to do with your notoriety on a forum.

It was based on your short-sighted view that everyone on GBAtemp should be proficient enough in the English language to play a game with a story and comprehend everything enough to solve puzzles.

gregoryh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, well, after being street homeless here in London for 7 or 8 years in an earlier part of my life I'm far from short sighted. I made a logical assumption based on my own experience on reading peoples posts here and I'm sorry if the logical assumption that I made and stated in my initial post was not the most 'wide eyed' look at what I thought.

grindking

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see this thread lists the M3 Perfect Lite as working and even says M3 Perfect in the picture in the beginning of this thread. I have an m3 perfect and I haven't been able to make the save functionality work at all. The game manager won't even offer a CHOICE to import any of the saves, and I've tried ways to convert the save file out there that supposedly magically fixes this issue. The save file corrupts much like other users on here with other products, but I do not have those products, I have the M3 Perfect.

If there's anyone out there who's actually been able to keep a save game on the unit for longer than 1 night, and yes it's weird like that, then let me know. I've had save games working on and off both powering the unit off and on for 5 or so times over the course of several hours and then in the morning it's always gone or corrupt. I don't think it possibly could be an old/dead battery in the m3 itself, especially with the intermittent corrupt save file errors.

guess i'll just skip this game

zero5

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
1. Patch the US Version using XPA Patch
2. Unpack the patched version using DSLazy
3. Unpack the EU Version using DSLazy
4. Goto EU_Unpacked/data/German (or whichever language you prefer) and copy the contents over the US_Unpacked/data/English directory
5. Re-build a *.nds file using DSLazy
6. Copy the newly created file to your flashcard
7. Works great, it's cracked and german/french/spanish/italian as well now...

So why would you need an additional crack for the EU Version? doesn't really make sense in my opinion

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
zero5 said:
1. Patch the US Version using XPA Patch
2. Unpack the patched version using DSLazy
3. Unpack the EU Version using DSLazy
4. Goto EU_Unpacked/data/German (or whichever language you prefer) and copy the contents over the US_Unpacked/data/English directory
5. Re-build a *.nds file using DSLazy
6. Copy the newly created file to your flashcard
7. Works great, it's cracked and german/french/spanish/italian as well now...

So why would you need an additional crack for the EU Version? doesn't really make sense in my opinion
How would this work?
The only two files modified by the patch are arm9.bin and header.bin.

altermxm

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
This works, just used to make an italian version
smile.gif

@Zero5 Thank you very much.

Now i need a cheat to skip flute part, i'm relly bad playing the flute
frown.gif

bye
mau

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/sg0D1PpgCXs?si=rnzM6Df7jeL6FiPz