Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
manduchu said:
I have a R4DSwith YSmenu and 1.18v firmware. It plays fine up to the cutscene after you follow Zelda's spirit into her room, then it freezes. Anyone know how to get around that? Or atleast tell me that there isn't anything important during that cutscene so I could just skip it? Because it feels like im missing some important info during that one.
I suggest you use a2h's YSMenu Generator to build YSMenu as firmware
Back up your games/files, then format using Panasonic SDFormatter.
Once your card is clean, copy your newly built YSMenu to your card, then your games.
Then update your dat files in the TTMenu folder.

If you're using 1.18 firmware, you're using the official R4 Firmware and not YSMenu.
You might have YSMenu on your card, but as an NDS file I guess and I'm not sure how well it works.

metalcasket

Trophies
XP
Country
I contacted Skullcollector last night asking what program he used to get rid of the Xenophobia splash screen, and fortunately he did reply back.

Unfortunately, all he sent me was DSLazy.

Naturally, I downloaded it, but having the slightest clue how to edit DS roms, I couldn't figure out what to do after unpacking (or whatever its called) the rom. All I can do is offer this bit of knowledge to you guys in the hope that one of you knows how to use the program and figure it out.

Let me know if anyone works this out. =)

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
metalcasket said:
I contacted Skullcollector last night asking what program he used to get rid of the Xenophobia splash screen, and fortunately he did reply back.

Naturally, I downloaded it, but having the slightest clue how to edit DS roms, I couldn't figure out what to do after unpacking (or whatever its called) the rom. All I can do is offer this bit of knowledge to you guys in the hope that one of you knows how to use the program and figure it out.

Let me know if anyone works this out. =)
I don't know much either about DSLazy - but what I did was 'unpack' both a Patched version & a unpatched version & compared the file sizes

The only difference in file sizes was in the ARM9.BIN file (214,808 bytes in Patched file, 343,716 bytes in UNpatched file) So I'm taking a guess that this is the file that needs to be altered somehow to remove the 'Xenu Splash Screen'
Or it's possible he sent you the wrong file & what should've been sent was perhaps a modifed 'xpa-zlst.crack' file that doesn't include the Xeno splash data

You may need to contact him again &ask for more details (If you find out let us know - I hate the splash screen as well)

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
metalcasket said:

Let me know if anyone works this out. =)Yeah.... I didn't want to say it at first, but I'm 99% sure he's bullshitting.

If you unpack and compare the two ROMs (patched and unpatched), there are two files that are different: Arm9.bin and Header.bin
The Arm9.bin is larger -- indicating that their logo was added to that file.
However, Arm9.bin is also where the fix is... so simply removing it will do nothing to fix the game.

I have tested swapping the files
patched arm9.bin + clean header = game/fix works, Xenophobia logo.
clean arm9.bin + patched header = game/fix doesn't work, no logo.

QUOTE(CannonFoddr @ Dec 7 2009, 11:48 AM) I don't know much either about DSLazy - but what I did was 'unpack' both a Patched version & a unpatched version & compared the file sizes

The only difference in file sizes was in the ARM9.BIN file (214,808 bytes in Patched file, 343,716 bytes in UNpatched file)
While you're correct that it's the arm9.bin file that is 'of interest' in this case... You can't just compare file sizes.
Easiest way to find differences in a large number of files (like a dumped NDS game) is to:
  • Hash all the files of the clean dump -- I use HashCheck to hash the full file folder and save to SFV (or MD5, but that takes longer).
  • Then compare the hashes against the patched dump files by moving the SFV to the patched folder and running the SFV file. Note any mismatched files.
If you need to see the difference between the two files, then open the CLEAN version of a file with a hex comparison program, then open the PATCHED version to compare the two -- I use Hex Comparison.

metalcasket

Trophies
XP
Country
Oh...by the way, when I said "all he sent me was..." I was referring to his response. He didn't actually send me any files.

That being said, hopefully Skullcollector will see the last few posts and shed some light on the situation.

tiedtkes2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need some info. First off, I have a superkey for my slot 1 and supercard lite micro SD for my slot 2. I am not a noob and have been into this DS mod scene since it first came out with the old GBA. Does anyone know how to get Zelda spirit tracks to play on this combo? I know the equipment I am using is old, but it's all I have right now. I have tried a clean rom, patched rom, multiple diffrent boot options on the supercard program and all I get is 2 white screens. All of my software is up to date and the firmware is fully upgraded. Any help would be amazing. A link, post, ANYTHING!. Thanks to all who respond. If anything , please post a link to a way I can edit the nds file myself

manduchu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
twiztidsinz said:
manduchu said:
I have a R4DSwith YSmenu and 1.18v firmware. It plays fine up to the cutscene after you follow Zelda's spirit into her room, then it freezes. Anyone know how to get around that? Or atleast tell me that there isn't anything important during that cutscene so I could just skip it? Because it feels like im missing some important info during that one.
Once your card is clean, copy your newly built YSMenu to your card, then your games.

If you're using 1.18 firmware, you're using the official R4 Firmware and not YSMenu.
You might have YSMenu on your card, but as an NDS file I guess and I'm not sure how well it works.

Nevermind, I have the R4YSauto v0.0.2 for YSmenu or something like that. Should I still try the same thing?

Makato

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
tiedtkes2 said:
I need some info. First off, I have a superkey for my slot 1 and supercard lite micro SD for my slot 2. I am not a noob and have been into this DS mod scene since it first came out with the old GBA. Does anyone know how to get Zelda spirit tracks to play on this combo? I know the equipment I am using is old, but it's all I have right now. I have tried a clean rom, patched rom, multiple diffrent boot options on the supercard program and all I get is 2 white screens. All of my software is up to date and the firmware is fully upgraded. Any help would be amazing. A link, post, ANYTHING!. Thanks to all who respond. If anything , please post a link to a way I can edit the nds file myself

There's no way to play the game!
Go to: http://forum.supercard.sc/index.php and make with us some pressure!
We need an Update!

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
manduchu said:
twiztidsinz said:
manduchu said:

Nevermind, I have the R4YSauto v0.0.2 for YSmenu or something like that. Should I still try the same thing?
Yeah... I don't think that R4YSAuto uses DSTT 1.17a07.
You could update the DSTT, but I had some issue with it back when getting M&L:BiS to work.
Using a2h's YSMenu Generator will get you the DSTT you need, and then you just update some files from the Weeklylibs

jensa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cant get the game to work on my CycloDS!

No matter what ROM i use, patched or un patched with xpa patch it jsut dowsnt work!

I get to the nintendo screen in the beginning, then it goes black and a red text appears! what do i do wrong?
Help me pls! Someone upload like a videotutorial please!!

sethirion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am reporting this just in case:

I used the XPA patch before I knew about the AK2's updates loader; I found some weird sound problem:

I played all long to the part where you pass the guard to get to a path to the Tower. Saved there and turn it off.
Later (after a night) I turn it on and passed the 4 switches immediately at the room with mice I had a garbled sound (not the "do you hear a squeaking?" of the rats) and the sound of the game was behind it; it was loud like a bagpipe.

I got rid of it by closing the lid then re-opened, the sound was normal again!

I am trying this again with the clean ROM and the AKAIO's updated loader to see if it has the same glitch.

P.S. I did no know that AKAIO had many save slots.
smileipb2.png
, off topic: which is the "Defaut" save slot?

blacksoul

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
jensa said:

No matter what ROM i use, patched or un patched with xpa patch it jsut dowsnt work!

I get to the nintendo screen in the beginning, then it goes black and a red text appears! what do i do wrong?

Have u install the lastest BETA firmware ? 1.56B4 ?

I've got no problem at all with mine.

jensa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
blacksoul said:
jensa said:

Where do I find that?
On the official site (cyclopsds.com) I only see "CycloDS Evolution Firmware v1.55" :S

Pyrate02

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys:

I don't have the patience to read through 53 pages of posts, and was just wondering if this game works with the DSTT card with the a07 custom firmware....

I have the clean rom and it seems to start up fine - but I haven't played it and don't know if there are any issues down the road.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pyrate02 said:
Hey guys:

I don't have the patience to read through 53 pages of posts, and was just wondering if this game works with the DSTT card with the a07 custom firmware....

I have the clean rom and it seems to start up fine - but I haven't played it and don't know if there are any issues down the road.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

I think I'm using the same firmware for YSMenu on my R4, so yes, it should.

Just apply the patch from wherever (it should be on the release thread) and load it up.

Kamons

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jensa said:
blacksoul said:
jensa said:

Where do I find that?
On the official site (cyclopsds.com) I only see "CycloDS Evolution Firmware v1.55" :S
I don't know where to find it, google would be a good place to start..but I will say that I use v1.55 Firmware and it runs just fine for me.

jensa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
darky_mtp said:
http://www.teamcyclops.com/download/evo-fi...1.56-BETA_4.zip
Tank you soo much
biggrin.gif

Kamons said:
jensa said:
blacksoul said:
QUOTE(jensa @ Dec 7 2009, 09:29 PM) Cant get the game to work on my CycloDS!

Where do I find that?
I don't know where to find it, google would be a good place to start..but I will say that I use v1.55 Firmware and it runs just fine for me.
Weird that it worked with 1,55 for you :S
Didnt for me, but when I updated to 1.56B4 it worked directly :S

Pyrate02

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the reply ...do I need to patch the rom or will the clean rom work without patching? At the beginning of this thread, there is a list of working carts, and DSTT is there under a07, but I was not sure if I was reading that correctly...

Thanks again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntjkwIXWtrc&ab_channel=Apple I feel uncomfortable from watching...