Hardware 4 Major cities in USA get demos March 11th

Xuphor

I have lied to all of you. I am deeply sorry.
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://www.nintendo.com/3ds/events

Different date, different topic, different locations, different playable games, different hours, not hosted by Gamestop, new topic
yaynds.gif

Anyway, I'm about 300 miles to the closest city of those 4 (Chicago, Los Angelos, New York, San Francisco) getting them. Anyone going to be able to try it out? If so, try to sneak in one of the "known working" flashcarts if possible.

EDIT: Nintendo's confusing me. It clearly says March 11th on their page I linked to, but the Schedule lists them as starting as early as March 7th. Your guess is as good as mine when it starts. Either way though, It will definately be playable tomorrow.

B

ball2012003

San Francisco is only about 20min away from where I am, but I'll save my excitement for March 27.

Xuphor

I have lied to all of you. I am deeply sorry.
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Javier78 said:
The latest event started yesterday in New York...unless I'm reading it wrong?
unsure.gif

Either way, New York is about an hour away. I may be going this weekend I guess.
biggrin.gif

1 - You must be, the event is tomorrow only, March 11th. This is March 10th.
2 - They only last one day form what I read, so if you go this weekend, you'll be too late to try them.

EDIT: Nevermind, they are well more than one day.
EDIT 2: Nintendo's confusing me. It clearly says March 11th on their page I linked to, but the Schedule lists them as starting as early as March 7th.

Javier78

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Xuphor said:
Javier78 said:
The latest event started yesterday in New York...unless I'm reading it wrong?
unsure.gif

Either way, New York is about an hour away. I may be going this weekend I guess.
biggrin.gif

1 - You must be, the event is tomorrow only, March 11th. This is March 10th.
2 - They only last one day form what I read, so if you go this weekend, you'll be too late to try them.

I opened the NY page, and it gave me a range of dates. It lasts until March 30th, apparently.

http://www.nintendo.com/3ds/events/pods#newyork

Someone dun goof'd, I suppose. I missed the glaring "Starts March 11th", but there are different dates.

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I'm originally from CA, now going to school in NY.

My home in CA is about 1.5 hours away from San Francisco, but I'm currently a 3.5-hour drive away from New York City.

Meh, I think I'll just pre-order it and pick it up on the launch date.

My birthday's this month so I guess I can treat myself to a birthday present
smile.gif

awssk8er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I live like 30-60 minutes away from NYC. Since I have school five days a week, and work on the weekends, I really can't go. However, my brother is coming back from college for Spring Break this week, so I'm trying to force him to go with me (My mom said I could miss school, because I haven't missed many days this year).

Right now, he doesn't seem to want to go at all, but I'll make him go. If not, I'll try to get a friend to skip school with me.

I really need to play one...

I don't understand why they can't just ship all the demo ones from Europe so we could play them in Gamestops here...

Edit:

I'm just hoping it won't be packed... if you think about it. There are only four of these pods in the entire country... All of them will probably be swamped.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I live 1 hour away from San Fran, but I don't really feel like driving there just to play a 3DS (and the line will probably be long too). Plus there are too many hobos in the city.

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Wow....I live in NYC about 10 minutes away from the Nintendo World Store......
Gotta go to see this. I actually went there las week on Tuesday to see if there was any 3DS on display just in case, but there were none.....
It's a good thing it's gonna last for several days, I'm sure it's gonna get real crowded trough the weekend................
wink.gif

nando

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i went to bestbuy today and hey had a demo there. so i quickly tried it, then i let my son try it out and he didn't last a minute before running to the Kinect. pretty shocking. i asked him to give it another try and he said he didn't like the 3d.
ohmy.gif

i'm kinda glad, cause i aint buying it.

edit: this was in emeryville ca btw.

WiKiLEAK

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
supposedly there are some differences between the Japanese and the American 3DS

Engadget.com said:
Update: We made a slight tweak in the text above as we've had a chance to compare the two consoles and it seems like the US version has a slightly different hinge. The Japanese one was virtually silent and smooth but the US one is a bit more jarring and has a louder click with popping into place. It's a very minor point, but FYI just the same.

Ummm, hinge issues already ??

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
WiKiLEAK said:
supposedly there are some differences between the Japanese and the American 3DS

Engadget.com said:
Update: We made a slight tweak in the text above as we've had a chance to compare the two consoles and it seems like the US version has a slightly different hinge. The Japanese one was virtually silent and smooth but the US one is a bit more jarring and has a louder click with popping into place. It's a very minor point, but FYI just the same.

Ummm, hinge issues already ??
Well just because it makes a noise doesn't mean it's less sturdy. If the US version is more sturdy, then I'm fine.
*Has 3 DS lites, all with a broken hinge*

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    PandaPandel @ PandaPandel: indeed