Hardware 4 consoles. Can only pick one for vacation.

Harsky

Madmin
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have the small O3DS, O3DS XL, 2DS, small N3DS and finally the N3DS XL. They all have CFW but I'm trying to decide which one would should join me for a trip abroad to play when I'm on the plane and when I'm winding down at night to play before sleeping.

The O3DS is small and because it was super cheap (sold as faulty, I replaced the LCD screen), I wouldn't be too bummed out if I lose it or damage it. The small form factor is great to place in my pocket but I never liked the small screen and the lack of SNES VC plays a factor as well.

Meanwhile on the opposite end is the N3DS XL which is fully loaded with everything but this is the one that I would be super gutted if I lose it or damage it. Not to mention that the larger size means it can't really fit in my pocket.

For people who have several consoles but can only pick one for travelling, what did you pick and why? Also, no "emulators on phone" suggestion. I tried it out and I could only enjoy so much retro games before I got bored playing old games I already played a few months ago.

ov3rkill

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Depends on the current game I'm playing. Before, I played Monster Hunter X on the go whenever, wherever, so I always bring with me my N3DS XL. Now, I'm currently playing God Eater 2 Rage Burst, so I'm always bringing with me my phat PS Vita.

NekoMichi

Retro Collector
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
It depends on how careful you are with your consoles. If you've never had problems with damaging or losing things on vacation before and have plenty of carry space, then go all-out with the N3DS XL. You can even put it in an inside-pocket of a jacket for quick access (unless you're going somewhere warm, in which case you probably won't be bringing a big jacket). If you're worried, then go for the small N3DS.

Personally, I have 2 x O3DS, 1 x N3DS, and 1 x N3DS XL. On my last trip I brought the N3DS XL because it is my main driver and and the larger screen is more comfortable to view in a darkened airline cabin. But then again, this is coming from the same guy who brought an entire NES on-board just to plug it into the passenger screens.

Reactions: astrangeone

bahamut920

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can fit my n3DS XL and its semi-hard case the pockets of most of my pants, and easily in any of my jackets. Just saying. Had to search for weeks before I found a case I could do that with, though, and it was a super plain one that I ended up with (now that I have this 3DS, I almost wish I had picked up the Persona Q LE).

My personal suggestion would be the n3DS Small, though. It seems to be the best of all worlds in this situation; small enough to easily fit in any pockets, powerful enough for SNES VC, and it isn't your favorite, so you wouldn't be super depressed if it got lost/broken/stolen.

Last edited by bahamut920,

bahamut920

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would bring none because I am on vacation
To be fair, there is a lot of time spent "in transit" where you don't have a whole lot to do, and even in the hotel room at night where you don't really want to go out but don't have anything do do for a while before "bedtime". I'm sure OP isn't going somewhere on vacation to play video games the whole time, but having something to do during "dead time" can be useful.

Reactions: foob

owek1

Master Sword Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
i am extremely late like 2 weeks late LOL but would like to share my opinion on this. Bring the 2DS, should you lose it, it is cheaper to replace and is still available to purchase new in stores, anyway you are playing it mostly in the hotel room anyway..am sure during transit you'd be sightseeing a lot..anyway, enjoy your vacation wherever you are..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: