Hacking 4.2J (Doh!) & Wiikey - need help with running other region dis

Dave5150

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

This is my first post here as I've been reading and trying various solutions since I foolishly upgraded to 4.2J when experiencing issues with Guitar Hero 5.

Anyhoos as you all presumably know 4.2J removes the region free capability of the Wiikey and there isn't a firmware/cd fix for that as yet.

So far I've managed to get the Homebrew Channel installed using the banner bomb method. I've also got Boot Mii loaded though I've no idea what that does!

The next part of the plan was to install Gecko OS for it's region free disc capability. I downloaded the latest version and copied just the folder which states to copy it to the apps folder of my FAT formatted SD card.

The app appears in the HBC. However when I click "load" I get the red 100% complete bar but then instead of the Gecko OS screen I get a black screen and the wii can then only be turned off by unplugging the mains lead.

I've tried this several times and get the same result each time.

So my questions are:

i) Should Gecko OS work with a Japanese Console running 4.2J and if so what am I doing wrong
ii) What are my other options for enabling region free via homebrew based solutions

Also I don't have a USB device so discussion around the merits of USB loaders etc. are of no use to me.

Dave

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
You really should install all cIOS(38, 202, 222, 223) and then you should be set.

EDIT: And, as you´re on 4.2 you should install the IOS70-64-v6687 [Patched][FreeTheBug].wad too. Just google this.

Dave5150

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks ..I think
unsure.gif

I've no idea about any of that so I guess it's time for more reading.

I'd thought WiiKey took care of the content and I just needed a loader to take care of the region free as I can no longer patch the Wiikey.

I'll see how I get on

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Materia_tofu, Maybe ask the EZ-Flash team.