Hacking 3in1 Rumble Issues

Cash Machine

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I just received my CycloDS Evolution and EZ-Flash 3in1 in the mail today, and have been busy setting them up all night.

One thing I cannot figure out for the life of me is enabling the rumble feature of the 3in1. And yes, before anyone shouts at me, I have searched the forums extensively. I have tried loading a GBA game into NOR memory on the 3in1, and that didn't help. Rumble is enabled in the CycloDS settings. I am using the newest beta firmware. GBA loading works fine from both ExpLoader and the CycloDS GUI.

There seems to be lots of talk about a new chipset for the 3in1. Am I just poop out of luck for enabling rumble with my Cyclo right now?

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
if you have newest beta - new chipset has not been a problem since 1.4.

Did you check the SETTINGS window?

there should be that small part what says "rumble"...

Cash Machine

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I set it to "low." I also tried it in GBA ExpLoader--no dice. I have been trying with Metroid Prime Pinball. Any other good suggestions for rumble-compatible games to test?

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
nope, your rumble is then busted - Get replacement. It should make small rumble on every game if it can initilize the rumble, and if it really does not work, then it is busted...

Cash Machine

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, yeah. I tried switching the CycloDS firmware, reformatting, and tried every possible combination of settings I could think of. The rumble refuses to budge. Luckily, I had to send something back to Dealwoot anyway, so I'll just add this to the shipment.

Grrr.

Cash Machine

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did. I had to go back and double check, 'cause that's just stupid enough that I might do it...but yes, rumble was enabled in-game.

Rascal

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Did you copy the reset.mse file from the /CycloDS directory, copy it to the root of the card and rename it SoftReset.CEVO? After that, did you enable rumble at least once in GBA Exploader?

Rascal

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Then if Metroid Pinball, played from your CycloDS, and with rumble enabled in both the CycloDS setting menu and in the game doesn't produce rumble, then you indeed had a broken 3-in-1. Let us know how the replacement works out for ya.

Cash Machine

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will do. It's going in the mail tomorrow.

Dealwoot is going to test it on some of their own hardware, and if it truly is busted, they'll issue me a new one.

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
yeah, my cyclo is now borrowed to freind, so i am not able to test myself, but possible issue might be in new power save feature in 1.5 B3 - BUT i think it STILL should work if you tried it thru EXPloader, so... i bet its busted.

Cash Machine

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I tried the stable 1.41 firmware, as well, and it was still a no go.

EDIT: Also, I was using Beta 2, not 3, so that definitely wasn't the issue.

cory1492

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Did you try... making sure the motor wasn't jammed? The space in the 3in1 is pretty tight, and if it's off by a mm in the wrong direction it jams up the motor - which is exactly what this sounds like.

Cash Machine

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not really sure what I'd be looking for? Anyway, after trying unsuccessfully for several hours, I dropped it accidentally on my hardwood floor. While nothing cracked or broke, you'd think that that would have loosened up any jammed mechanics.

Or perhaps I'm just talking out of my rear. In any case, it is officially in transit to Dealwoot now.

Cash Machine

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The replacement that Dealwoot sent works great. It took several days longer for the post to deliver it this time, and I kind of forgot about it altogether until it arrived today.

Thank God that I now have a 3in1 with working rumble pack, so that I can never use that feature again.

Thanks for the help, all.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.