ROM Hack 3DSEncodeGUI - A multiplatform GUI encoding tool to the 3DS

Spidey_BR

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
THIS TOOL IS A WORK IN PROGRESS. SORRY FOR THE CONFUSION.
THE FIRST VERSION WORKS ON LINUX ONLY. NEW VERSIONS COMING FOR WINDOWS AND MAC ALSO.

So, after several hours of working, learning and coding, here it is. The first version of the 3DSEncodeGUI.
I'll release the standalone script also, with the proper "read" sections it would work without the need of the GUI, for power users.

I'm a Qt newbie, so I'm struggling with it yet. I've bundled a 64bit linux binary, and uploaded it at MegaUpload: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=U9XGRXA1 . This is standalone, you don't need Qt at all, it comes with it already.
I'll generate a x86 (32 bits) binary, shortly, bundled with the libraries.

The next step is generating the Mac OS X version. Probably only tomorrow.
The Windows version is possible, but I'll have to remake the script in a BAT script. I would be glad to receive help on this.

Greetings to GBATemp users spinal_cord, Lokao0, SifJar and DiscostewSM.

UPDATE!!! x86 version released! I need Mac OS X users to compile this to me!

Some images:
snapshot0.png

snapshot1-1.png

snapshot2-1.png

snapshot3-1.png

So...
3DSEncodeGUI version 0.1
Linux x86_64: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=U9XGRXA1
Linux x86: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TIL2IVI4

Spidey_BR

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Corrected the links. There was a trailing dot in the first URL, and that got carried to the bottom link too.

Also, since I use a source code based distro, I can't supply ffmpeg binaries. You need to have it installed. The 3dsencode script runs it from your path. You can edit it to run from the current folder if you prefer downloaded a pre-compiled binary (change ffmpeg to ./ffmpeg in 3dsencode bash script).

Spidey_BR

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Guys, thank you for the feedback. I've read a little more about Qt and qmake, I'll improve the program today. I'll release translations files, and I'm counting on your help to fill them. I'm planning an english translation (please revise my english), and spanish and portuguese. If you want, just ask for another language and I'll generate the translations files. Translations files are simple XML files, you can edit them with any text editor, or you can use Qt Linguist (http://qt-apps.org/content/show.php/Qt+Linguist+Download?content=89360), if you prefer.

Some TODO:
Translations
Icons
Conversion status
Metadata
Bundle ffmpeg/libav
"Embed" script file in Qt (convert it to C++)
Implement video splitting
Mac and Windows versions
Upload the project to github

YouTube video download directly from the app will not be supported in the next version yet. I'll probably be away the entire week, I'll only have today to finish this.

Spidey_BR

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Github repository add. I've made some minor UI changes, please ignore it for now. I hope to release another version today.
https://github.com/spidey/3DSEncode

@theflippa, could you compile that? Get the 3dsencode script from one of linux versions, and bundle it together with the binary and Qt libs.

dmztheone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I was executing the make command in Ubuntu I found this error:
main.cpp:2:27: fatal error: q3dsencodegui.h: No such file or directory

In the repository I don't see any file with this name too.. Could you put the file in the repository for us :-)?

Anyway, nice work with the software! Keep up the good work!!

Spidey_BR

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I corrected the repository, renamed the project to 3DSEncode and added translation files. Sorry for the buggy state until now. The project now compiles, but the 3dsencode script is outdated, the GUI is working but the back-end is not.
Be patient, and sorry for releasing it before polishing.

The Convert button was disabled, since it is broken anyways. I'm just "releasing" this so you can help me with translations and test the project file. I'm still learning Qt, but the build steps should be trivial, you should just need to run "qmake; make" to build the 3DSEncode binary in the source directory.

NEWS: The new GUI has some hints of what is coming next: YouTube download! I'll also add a text view so we can see the things working.

The GitHub repository: https://github.com/spidey/3DSEncode
Translations files for English, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, Deutsch and French were generated, the base language is English (but since it's not main native language, I made the English translation file for anyone who should care to revise the strings).

Thanks again for the support.

dmztheone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok Spidey!

Keep the good work!! The 3DS owners will be happy with this program.
So far the most beautiful tool for convert videos.

A will be waiting for a more stable release!

theflippa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Whats the shell script for anyway?

As told by spidey, the convert button is disabled:

3DSEncode for Mac OS (Intel needed)

screenshot.jpg

New Version on page 4.

Burton

Real Life VIP and Educator
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
In the audio section, it would be nice to be able to change the audio track from wave or mp3.

Pip'
What do you mean? The 3DS only support the ADPCM_IMA_WAV format that we know, so far. That's the codec it uses on its own recordings.
I think he meant converting wave or mp3 to ADPCM_IMA_WAV for whatever purpose he think needs to.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse