Hardware 3DS XL touch screen issue

Virdoo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Hello guys,

I have bought 3ds xl with touch screen issue (used console). Seller told me that console has problem with touch screen, doesn't response at all so he gave it to me really cheap. Also he told me that console is brand new but he lost bill, anyway, that's less important. Looking over console, it looks in really good condition, like it's really new, no visible damage or anything. Like fresh unpacked. I was looking thru net for this and it seems like 3ds xl has this problem usually, so is there any way to fix it? Did anyone of you had similar problem? Thanks

Virdoo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Hmmm looking more into it, seems like it got stuck on setup menu. When i turn it on, menu with language appears and if I'm not wrong, I should be able to select it with dpad and comfirm it with A button, but I can't. Can't move anything. Maybe hardreset of console will help. Does anyone knows combination of buttons for hardreset?

Justin20020

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I think, the first owner had opened the 3ds. So I read a lot of threads that if guys open an 3ds to change some hardware (touchscreen etc) they will have an issue. It can be that something is broken. Dpad and the touchscreen. Its clearly. An hardreset will not fix the problem

Virdoo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Might be, but I'm pretty sure it's not changed anything. Why would someone replace something in brand new console. Hardreset iss worth of try, do you know maybe button combination?

Justin20020

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It can be that he tried an downgrade or something else. Did you tried to go into the recovery menu? (Hold L+R+A+D-pad UP and press POWER)

Virdoo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
No I didn't. Is it possible to enter recovery mod even if he didn't tried to downgrade? Let's pretend like console is new and he didn't touch anything in it. Didn't downgrade nor changing hardwares.

Virdoo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Ok, I will try it a little bit later. Should I maybe try to reset evry cable which is connected in console?

Justin20020

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If the console will freeze on the recovery menu, too then yes. Check every cable. But first, try to get into the recovery menu. Thats the important thing after all

Froody

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Honestly if it is brand new what was stopping the seller from returning it or having it replaced/fixed under warranty?

Virdoo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
He said that he lost the bill of the console.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hmm i've tried Hold L+R+A+D-pad UP and press POWER but nothing happened

Virdoo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Oh well, that helped a bit. So problem might be only in touch screen. What about arrows and A and B button? They also can't be used? Only touch screen?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I haven't played my Switch n a month or so, just been playing Xbox, and just picked to play lil...