3DS XL speaker volume level

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by blaisedinsd, Dec 26, 2012.

Dec 26, 2012

3DS XL speaker volume level by blaisedinsd at 4:19 AM (1,314 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. blaisedinsd
    OP

Member blaisedinsd GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Just got a 3DS XL for Christmas. headphones seems fine but the volume from the systems speakers seems pathetic. I am wondering if my console is defective or if the sound level is just really poor.

My DSi XL is probably 2 or 3 times as loud on max volume.

2. GamerzHell9137

Member GamerzHell9137 GBAtemp Psycho!

Bosnia and Herzegovina
    It is poor don't worry.
    My PSP was x3 times louder then that shiz.

3. yuyuyup

Member yuyuyup GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Yeah unfortunately the speaker AND headphone output of both 3DS models are poor. I've heard that some people have 3DS systems with perfectly fine volume output. I have a headphone booster device. What's strange is on the main menu, some games have clearly louder volume than usually allowed.

4. blaisedinsd
    OP

Member blaisedinsd GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    ok thanks. I tried a few different software and some of it is a bit louder. Super mario 3d land especially is very low volume it seems. but it's definitely much quieter than the dsixl

5. Keo-Spin1080

Newcomer Keo-Spin1080 Member

United Kingdom
    Yeah lowspeaker volume is UNIVERSAL on all 3dsxl models. It is NOT A DEFECT so don't return it. It's the price you pay for a larger top screen. Plus the fact that they are rectangular instead of circular like most speakers allude to the poorness in performance.

Don't trust me? Think i'm talking bull? Here's the skinny:

http://techon.nikkeibp.co.jp/english/NEWS_EN/20120730/231194/

(look at the dismantling uppercase section)

Ooohhhhh!!! Look at all the guts n stuff! Bender'll have a fit seeing that XD