3DS XL sells 200,000+ units (Japan) in two days! ~10,000 in UK.

• Thread starter Deleted_171835
  • Start date
  • Views 7,423
  • Replies 56

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
So, erm...do these figures say something of how many regular 3DS'es were returned?

200'000 units is certainly huge, but I don't really believe even half of those hadn't already bought one earlier.

Reactions: 2 people

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
So, erm...do these figures say something of how many regular 3DS'es were returned?

200'000 units is certainly huge, but I don't really believe even half of those hadn't already bought one earlier.

Tis a very good point. I was wondering this myself.

Reactions: 2 people
D

Deleted_171835

OP

Highly doubt that. The regular 3DS still sold 40k units despite the 3DS XL coming out on the same day. Retailer reports would have said so if a huge volume of systems were being returned.

Not that it matters to Nintendo since they still make money of each system.

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I wonder why 3DS sells so much.
It still have few quality games, and is graphically inferior to everything current-gen on the market.

PS3 and X360 have huge library of games, many AAA titles,
And are cheaper than ever.

I understand that PSVita doesn't sell that well because of it's few titles but
I expected PS3 and X360 to have more sellls

D

Deleted_171835

OP
I wonder why 3DS sells so much.
It still have few quality games, and is graphically inferior to everything current-gen on the market.

PS3 and X360 have huge library of games, many AAA titles,
And are cheaper than ever.

I understand that PSVita doesn't sell that well because of it's few titles but
I expected PS3 and X360 to have more sellls
It has a ton of games in Japan and has MONSTER HUNTER.

Since when did graphics ever matter?

And the PS3/360 are at the end of their lifecycle.

Reactions: 1 person

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
Pretty much everyone who ever wanted a ps3 or 360 already got one so there's no wonder why the 3DS gets better sales. That and the big amount of games that are available for it in Japan.

Hyro-Sama

I'm from the fucking future.
Trophies
XP
Country
I hope it sells well. Anything to help nudge along us getting Dragon Quest Monsters Terry's Wonderland :P

I CAN DREAM CANT I?
Every other Dragon Quest game came over here so I don't see why that won't. And Square Enix usually localizes all their games.

Type-0 hasn't been localized.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: 3 people

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country

Highly doubt that. The regular 3DS still sold 40k units despite the 3DS XL coming out on the same day. Retailer reports would have said so if a huge volume of systems were being returned.

Not that it matters to Nintendo since they still make money of each system.
Yeah, I'm doubting that people who sold and traded in normal 3DS systems for an XL make up a minority in that 200k. You can't say "it's not in the report so it didn't happen." I'd guess at least half of those XL sales were made because of trade-ins, if not more than that.

Oh, and as for Type-0, I'd still expect it on a Sony console: either ported or remade for the Vita (hopefully remade), or made as a PSP remastered title for the PS3.
Fo serious guys: the Vita hasn't even been out six months. Quit giving it the death sentence already.

D

Deleted_171835

OP
Yeah, I'm doubting that people who sold and traded in normal 3DS systems for an XL make up a minority in that 200k. You can't say "it's not in the report so it didn't happen." I'd guess at least half of those XL sales were made because of trade-ins, if not more than that.

Oh, and as for Type-0, I'd still expect it on a Sony console: either ported or remade for the Vita (hopefully remade), or made as a PSP remastered title for the PS3.
Fo serious guys: the Vita hasn't even been out six months. Quit giving it the death sentence already.
I simply said that I doubt that. I never said anything claiming it as a fact. Your guess isn't any more correct than mine.

Mentioning low sales is giving a death sentence? Stop exaggerating.

And why do you expect Type-0 for a Sony console. Blind faith or is there actually some reasoning behind that?

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country

I simply said that I doubt that. I never said anything claiming it as a fact. Your guess isn't any more correct than mine.

Mentioning low sales is giving a death sentence? Stop exaggerating.

And I'm curious as to why you would expect Type-0 for a Sony console. Blind faith or is there actually some reasoning behind that?
You've been on these forums. People use sales numbers as a death sentence, especially when they're used in this fashion. I mean, every sales number you post compares sales to the Vita, despite the fact that the comparisons are totally unnecessary and only serve to feed people who think in the aforementioned fashion. Just something to think about. In the future, you should really consider cutting out the comparisons to Vita sales. These threads degrade into console wars fast enough on their own. Feeding into it with the first post is rather unnecessary.

As for Type-0, the easiest paths would be keeping it on Sony consoles and either releasing it on the PS3 as a PSP remaster, which would be an easy way to localize it to a system that would benefit from the title, or localizing it for the PSP, which wouldn't be as smart due to the known issues the PSP has had in the west since it released. If anything, I'd guess it just because it seems like SE likes to release their bigger FF titles on Sony consoles ever since the days of the PS1. We haven't seen a new, big FF title on a Nintendo system since the SNES. Of course, the 3DS could potentially change that, but it just seems like SE likes Sony more for FF.

Reactions: 3 people

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZbUuSmFgMo