3DS with Luma and Godmode9 installed, but no homebrew apps

Kip3Kip

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello,

A couple years ago I installed Custom Firmware on my 3DS. I later used the transer feature to transfer games and save data to another 3ds which reset the 3ds with cfw back to factory settings. I wanted to reinstall cfw because the eshop is closing in 2023. Now I've noticed Luma3ds and Godmode9 are still installed on that 3DS, but there are no homebrew application installed. My SD card was wiped clean because of the data transfer. The other 3DS (the one i transferred the data to) doesn't have Luma, godmode9 or any homebrew applications installed. Can I just reinstall the homebrew applications such as FBI etc.? And how can I do that?

(Sorry for bad english)

Stone_Wings

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should be able to just put the Luma files back on the SD card for the original 3DS and then reinstall the homebrew apps. Your post is a bit confusing though. You did a system transfer of apps and games on a CFW 3DS to a stock 3DS with no Luma or anything else? How did you run any of the non legit games you transferred? Or did you only have purchased games on it? Also, as you founf out, doing a system transfer does not reset the other 3DS to stock.

Last edited by Stone_Wings,

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

Kip3Kip

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You should be able to just put the Luma files back on the SD card for the original 3DS and then reinstall the homebrew apps. Your post is a bit confusing though. You did a system transfer of apps and games on a CFW 3DS to a stock 3DS with no Luma or anything else? How did you run any of the non legit games you transferred? Or did you only have purchased games on it? Also, as you founf out, doing a system transfer does not reset the other 3DS to stock.
I system transferred a cfw 3ds to a stock 3ds. All unofficial and homebrew games and apps did not transfer and just got deleted.

I just reinstalled all homebrew apps and it works like before. Thank you for your response!

Reactions: KleinesSinchen

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I system transferred a cfw 3ds to a stock 3ds. All unofficial and homebrew games and apps did not transfer and just got deleted.

If you moved the SD card over to the stock 3DS, then all those unofficial and homebrew games and apps are still on the SD card. You can restore them by installing CFW on the stock 3DS and running Faketik. This is well-documented.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me...