ROM Hack 3DS Video Converter

NekuSoul

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
NEWS:
Sorry, but now new version for now, but it will still be released during this week! :lol:
But I finally managed to put up a Git-Repo for the Converter at GitHub: https://github.com/N...Video-Converter
Feel free to look at my source code, create your own versions of it, recommend changes or find bugs. :yaynds:

NekuSoul

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Version 2.3 is now out: Download here
Change log (v2.3):
- ProgressBar now more detailed
- Some Interface fixes
- Added 3D-Mirrored Conversion
- Removed 3D-Side-by-Side and Splitted conversion
- Closing Dialog redone
- Updated ffMPEG
- Added README
- Sourcecode put under WTFPL
It's done. Maybe not all bugs were fixed but I expect the next release will be faster than this time. :D
And yes, the ProgressBar now displays the conversion progress, not only counts the converted videos.
If youre curios what the WTFPL is: It's the "Do What The Fuck You Want To Public License". Pretty self-explaining. :creep:
Please report any bugs you encounter and suggest features that I should integrate into the next Version.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm trying to use 3DS Video Converter 2.3.5, and whilst it will convert a few of the videos I've downloaded from Youtube, a number of them are completely glanced over, they will not process.
Any idea why this may be? A few of them are very short, others are a bit longer.

GamerzHell9137

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Anyone maked one for 3DS XL?
I think if we made a video with the tool we are gonna get shitty graphics on the XL cause the screen is bigger

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
Anyone maked one for 3DS XL?
I think if we made a video with the tool we are gonna get shitty graphics on the XL cause the screen is bigger

Why would you need a different version? the screen resolution is exactly the same on both systems. There is nothing you can do at all to change that.

NekuSoul

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I'm trying to use 3DS Video Converter 2.3.5, and whilst it will convert a few of the videos I've downloaded from Youtube, a number of them are completely glanced over, they will not process.
Any idea why this may be? A few of them are very short, others are a bit longer.
That happened to me sometimes as well. It's either that the Output Folder doesn't exist or you can't write in it. But in your case it's more likely that either the Video was shorter than 2 seconds or somehow corrupted. If you comvert a single file that fails and then open the "log"-File with Notepad and send me an PM with the text i could look into the error. ;)

zenigata2000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm enjoying convert softwares from this forum.
Thank you guys. Hope my information will help your developments.

As much as I had read, it seems like no one is mentioning details of exif of 3D-AVI.
Guys of 2ch found out that 3DS reads exif data from first JPG from motion-jpg for left eye.
Also as same as for MPO, parallax adjustable 3D-AVI can be converted if there is right note on exif.

Unfortunately it is in Japanese and for OSX only,
but here is a Applescript which has all function that I mentioned above
including download function from YouTube.

http://memogakisouko.appspot.com/YouTube3Dto3DS.html
Direct Link to script -> YouTube3Dto3DS_480r3.zip

Function:
YouTube 3D Movie downloader
Convert parallax adjustable 3D-AVI
Organizable by Genre (by using date from exif)
Specify thumbnail image

Requires:
OSX
ffmpeg 0.9 and above
Exif Tool
8GB memory

*Only converts single 10min file if the source has more than 10min length.

The Author permits to reproduction, modification and publication of the script.

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
I'm enjoying convert softwares from this forum.
Thank you guys. Hope my information will help your developments.

As much as I had read, it seems like no one is mentioning details of exif of 3D-AVI.
Guys of 2ch found out that 3DS reads exif data from first JPG from motion-jpg for left eye.
Also as same as for MPO, parallax adjustable 3D-AVI can be converted if there is right note on exif.

Unfortunately it is in Japanese and for OSX only,
but here is a Applescript which has all function that I mentioned above
including download function from YouTube.

http://memogakisouko...ube3Dto3DS.html
Direct Link to script -> YouTube3Dto3DS_480r3.zip

Function:
YouTube 3D Movie downloader
Convert parallax adjustable 3D-AVI
Organizable by Genre (by using date from exif)
Specify thumbnail image

Requires:
OSX
ffmpeg 0.9 and above
Exif Tool
8GB memory

*Only converts single 10min file if the source has more than 10min length.

The Author permits to reproduction, modification and publication of the script.

Very useful indeed. Although my converter is long dead, I'm sure one of the current converters can use this info. I would mean making (at least) the first frame as a single jpeg, maybe extract the whole movie as single frames (worst case).

NekuSoul

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
@[member='zenigata2000']: Don't know if I understand what you're trying to say, but I think it's worth looking further into it because from what I read I always thought 3DS-EXIF-data would be in an unknown format. :)
Too bad it's in Japanese (really should learn it someday), Mac only and i can't spot the source code to integrate it the wast way. :(
That means that I will play around with the Exif-Data to see if I get it to work.
On the other side I'm currently trying to implement a intelligent 64-Bit Switch, Update-Messages and a proper way to exit the application while converting, so keep an eye on the upcoming v2.4 (of course it will feature new bugs as always). ;)

PS: SourceCode at GitHub won't be updated until my private Main-Repo is up again. Why? Because I'm lazy! :ha:

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
I made a quick test, extracted the frames, edited the first ones exif, combined the frames back, loaded it on my 3ds, it listed in the correct place (datewize), but after playing a couple of seconds, if told me I wasn't allowed to play that format and the video turned unplayable. I'll see if I can make any progress.

NekuSoul

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Any way to use that on Linux?
At work at the moment, so can't check myself
I've got no Idea, but:
But my application is written in C# -> .Net4 -> Mono should work.
FFMPEG is Binary -> Wine should work.

I just don't know if both work together.

CrimzonEyed

Trophies
XP
Country
Still can't get it to work.
Installed .net4 exactly as the link described.

There actually do happend something now though. First time I tried to run it after .net4 install, wine started and configured wine prefix, but after that wine just shut itself down.

EDIT:
Trying with "wine converter.exe" gives the following error:
The entry point method could not be loaded

EDIT2:
Seems like spinal_cord's version works for some reason.

EDIT3: ^ only worked once then never started again...

NekuSoul

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
That's weird. Maybe you should try out Mono?
If you're only looking to get Videos converted you can try it with FFMPEG directly using the instructions spinal_cord posted when the Video feature was just added to the 3DS.

CrimzonEyed

Trophies
XP
Country
With wine debug I only get this message:

0x7b85af43: movl %edi,0x4(%esp)

Mono is installed, so is .net4

Trying just to run the program gives this error:

The entry point method could not be loaded

EDIT: installing mono for linux (I install mono in wine before) made me able to run spinal's version of the video converter.

EDIT2: Opening a file made it shut down the program -.- xD

cidth

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I'm having trouble trying to convert a side by side .ts file. I'm using v2.2 (v2.3 didn't seem to work). Everything seems about right until I transfer the video to my 3DS card. I can see the thumbnail but as soon as I select it it says "This video's format is not supported. It cannot be displayed".

Any ideas of what could be wrong?

NekuSoul

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I'm having trouble trying to convert a side by side .ts file. I'm using v2.2 (v2.3 didn't seem to work). Everything seems about right until I transfer the video to my 3DS card. I can see the thumbnail but as soon as I select it it says "This video's format is not supported. It cannot be displayed".

Any ideas of what could be wrong?
Since v2.2 is very old and had various bugs, I recommend updating to the latest v2.3.5. Try to convert your video and if it doesn't work post or PM me the "log"-File in the directory of the converter. This helps me to look into the error and eventually fix it in the next version.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-