ROM Hack 3DS Video BETA

jrk190

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how do i get the management file to update? I tried chatting with the birdie but it doesn't work...

edit: nevermind, my mistake...

The easiest way to do it, is simple remove and reinsert the SD card while in the photo viewer. It will then update instantly.
Yeah, that's it. I had experimented with it. I found that recording a music video in 3d makes it look 3d. I tried it with a Two Door Cinema Club and Bombay Bicycle Club music video, it's pretty cool.

Laughlyn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it just me or does anyone think the old UK tv show Trap Door would be epic for the 3DS's video lengtth. if you can convert those to 3D too it'd be even better

Raikage46

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Code:
ffmpeg -i output.mpg -i audio.mp3 -shortest -vcodec copy -acodec copy video.flv

-change output.mpg to whatever name and file extension you want e.g .avi
-replace video.flv with the 3D video

Gives me an error: "output.mpg: No such file or directory"
(I actually haven't called it output.mpg but 3dengdub.avi)
oops made a error, try replacing output.mpg with the 3D video, and change video.flv to the desired output filename e.g video.avi

Now it worked, but the output video won't play. In Windows Media Player the screen is just black and in Media Player Classic I get an error message: "This AVI file was not prepared fpr sequential reading. the alternative 'Avi Splitter' will now let the default one handle it. The complete reinterleaving of this file is strongly recommended before burning it onto a slow medai like cd-rom."
There is also a chart under that message.

Raikage46

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Try replacing "-acodec copy" with "-acodec adpcm_ima_wav" - perhaps the audio codec is incompatible with AVI and that's causing problems?
That gives me the following error: "Error while opening encoder for output stream #0:1 - maybe incorrect parameters such as bit_rate, rate, width or height"

Jumbojack656

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i meant like instead of have it split screen like in topbottom is there a way to do the video on entire screen like the 2d option but in 3d instead of 2d

homogenized

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm not sure this is the right place to ask, since I've been converting files from the command line with just ffmpeg, but this place seems to have the most info from the ones I checked using Google.

My problem is that only one of the files I converted seems be recognized by the 3DS, the others won't show up. I'm sure it's not an audio problem, because one of the non-working videos doesn't have audio. Don't think it's a size or quality problem either, since the one working video is both the largest in overall size and has the highest bitrate; it also starts on a blank black frame. Also don't think it's a source format problem, they've all been the same format (FLV).

If it helps here's what I use:
Code:
ffmpeg -i "video" -s 320X240 -aspect 4:3 -r 24 -vcodec mjpeg -qscale 1 -acodec pcm_s16le -ac 1 "VID_0001.AVI"

For the one with no audio it was:
Code:
ffmpeg -i "video" -s 320X240 -aspect 4:3 -r 24 -vcodec mjpeg -qscale 1 -map 0 -map -0:a:0 "VID_0001.AVI"

massijay

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi!! this program is fantastic!!! but when I selected "mirrored" (in a cross-eyed video) and "480x240 resolution" not work, the 3D is reversed.... sorry for my bad english because I'm Italian ;)

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
i meant like instead of have it split screen like in topbottom is there a way to do the video on entire screen like the 2d option but in 3d instead of 2d

I still haven't got a clue what you're talking about. Are you even watching on your 3DS?
Youtube (and others) 3D videos are recorded in split screen, but when you convert them and play them on the 3DS, they are full screen.

shamiko_

~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Code:
ffmpeg -i output.mpg -i audio.mp3 -shortest -vcodec copy -acodec copy video.flv

-change output.mpg to whatever name and file extension you want e.g .avi
-replace video.flv with the 3D video

Gives me an error: "output.mpg: No such file or directory"
(I actually haven't called it output.mpg but 3dengdub.avi)
oops made a error, try replacing output.mpg with the 3D video, and change video.flv to the desired output filename e.g video.avi

Now it worked, but the output video won't play. In Windows Media Player the screen is just black and in Media Player Classic I get an error message: "This AVI file was not prepared fpr sequential reading. the alternative 'Avi Splitter' will now let the default one handle it. The complete reinterleaving of this file is strongly recommended before burning it onto a slow medai like cd-rom."
There is also a chart under that message.
Download VirtualDub then File -> Open Video File, Video -> Direct Stream Copy, Audio -> Direct Stream Copy, File -> Save as AVI.

Reactions: 1 person

morphius

The King of the Cosmos
Trophies
Website
pachimod.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
did you try setting your frame rate lower? Videos created by the 3DS are only 20fps...
Haven't tried that yet since the working video is 24fps, will edit this post with the results.

Edit 1: Tried 20fps, didn't work.
Edit 2: Tried 15fps, didn't work.

if you want to pm me with a link to one of your problem files...I'd be glad to have a look

amzg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
SifJar, one question, option "480x240 resolution" option, it is really necessary in the GUI?

The 3DS is 400x240 screen resolution, then why there is this option? I ask from ignorance :lol:

This afternoon I will check what happens with the MIRROR option.

thanx

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fIyYTN86_Uk&pp=ygUXc3BhY2ViYWxscyB3aGVuIGlzIG5vdyA%3D