Homebrew 3ds Update

SuperMarioBrosWiiheeeeeee

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have a modded o3ds but when i go to my friends list it says it has to update. Im afraid this update will brick my 3ds since nintendo has done that with the wii. Should i update this or not?

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have a modded o3ds but when i go to my friends list it says it has to update. Im afraid this update will brick my 3ds since nintendo has done that with the wii. Should i update this or not?
Nintendo has never bricked a console so power off hold Select and post your Luma3DS version

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
HAH! no. Its fine to update your 3ds console. This aint the Wii, and will never be. Just make sure luma is updated and update your console.

lwees

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
what steps do i have to follow to update my 2ds with 11.10.0-43E without losing my homebrew or games? i want to add a friend but i must to update the console first but i dont want to lose anything

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
what steps do i have to follow to update my 2ds with 11.10.0-43E without losing my homebrew or games? i want to add a friend but i must to update the console first but i dont want to lose anything
With a version that high (11.10) you should be able to update right away. Hold (Select) on power on. On the top of the upper screen it should say:
Luma3DS v??? configuration
If the version number is at least v9.1 (should already be the case) you are good to do the update. You find the link to the latest Luma3DS version two posts above if you want to update Luma3DS as well (makes sense normally).

Good luck and have fun!

Reactions: lwees

lwees

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
With a version that high (11.10) you should be able to update right away. Hold (Select) on power on. On the top of the upper screen it should say:
Luma3DS v??? configuration
If the version number is at least v9.1 (should already be the case) you are good to do the update. You find the link to the latest Luma3DS version two posts above if you want to update Luma3DS as well (makes sense normally).

Good luck and have fun!
thanks! everything is working!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I remember seeing the very first episode back in the day, and have watched every episode since. I used to set my VCR to record them even, shows how long ago.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just like any comedies really, and cartoons have always been a favorite of mine. Family guy, American Dad, Futurama, Cleveland Show, Simpsons - I like them all.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    South Park is great cause they always touch on relavent issues going on today, and make something funny out of it.
    +3
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa were you always up to date on the current events and issues of the time or were there issues that you first found out thru south park
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Most of the time yea I knew, I watch and read the news regularly, but sometimes the Hollywood BS stuff, like concerning actors slip by me. I don't follow most Hollywood BS (example: the Kardasians)
    +2
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa there were relevant issues before south park was made, that's why i think a south park prequel/spinoff would be great. Randy and his friends in their child hood
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, like them running in high school together, getting into stuff, and how they got hitched and had kids. And how the town of South Park was back then compared to now. That would be cool to see.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @salazarcosplay if they made a prequel, it would still be about current issues, cause it doesn't make sense to make it about stuff that happened 30 years ago that nobody cares about anymore
    it's too late
    the older south park episodes about particular issues usually age poorly since the topic is no longer relevant
    an exception is giant douche vs turd sandwich, that's always relevant :P
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I was gone for like an hour and none of you thought to write or call pos
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    We knew you were going to Sonic to get lunch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sonics fast I would've been home in 10 mins
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Meet and greet with AncientBoi then?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That would've gone slow he's old
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sadly the person in question feels too young for his own good
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We don't question people
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: