Hacking 3DS update version 9.6.0-24 out now

Miles54321

Trophies
Website
derbergerac.com
XP
Country
I have seen a YouTube cia on the "other" site. I think it was part of some CrayzE thread. :)

Yeh same

Question, how do you convert roms to .cia, there are certain games I can't find in .cia format such as:

Dead or alive dimensions,
star fox 64,
kid icarus uprising,
Mario Tennis Open

I was wondering whether I could know the method for converting these ROMs to .CIA if there is one?

Reactions: Margen67

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeh same

Question, how do you convert roms to .cia, there are certain games I can't find in .cia format such as:

Dead or alive dimensions,
star fox 64,
kid icarus uprising,
Mario Tennis Open

I was wondering whether I could know the method for converting these ROMs to .CIA if there is one?
I know for a fact a couple of those are available. Pm me your username over there. There is also a request thread.

I have not made cias but I am not sure if a method has been worked out yet on the n3ds, something to do with Xorpads. To understand the process there is a "cia for dummies" thread, search it.

Miles54321

Trophies
Website
derbergerac.com
XP
Country
I know for a fact a couple of those are available. Pm me your username over there. There is also a request thread.

I have not made cias but I am not sure if a method has been worked out yet on the n3ds, something to do with Xorpads. To understand the process there is a "cia for dummies" thread, search it.

Alrighty, may try posting some stuff in the request thread also

reimon

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
is there any way to update my emunand to 9.2 or 9.5?
i have 4.4 frimware right now, and my friend told me, that i have to update to at least to 9.2 to play new game,
thank you and sry for my english

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Th
is there any way to update my emunand to 9.2 or 9.5?
i have 4.4 frimware right now, and my friend told me, that i have to update to at least to 9.2 to play new game,
thank you and sry for my english
The easiest way is to use the rom of the new game such as Xenoblade. Held up on the Dpad when launching GW mode and it will disable the FW update block.

Angeloras

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, you can even play them online if you want, Gateway has firmware spoofing by default.

Even on a New 3DS? :wtf: I haven't bought a Gateway for my New Nintendo 3DS XL 9.0.0-20E yet just because I've read somewhere that you won't be able to play ROMs which will require a 9.6 firmware (which will happen sooner or later).

Ericzander

GBAtemp's residential attorney
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
Aww man, you could have just answered. And I did find it actually. The answer's no :/

Sucks because now I have the update nag because I was trying to use homepass and haven't been on this site for a while. I'm assuming there's not yet an easy way to remove the update nag from emuNAND without restoring an older backup (my latest one is probably 9.2) or formatting it (bringing it back down to 4.2). Would formatting from settings work? I'd guess no.

Random Joe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sucks because now I have the update nag because I was trying to use homepass and haven't been on this site for a while. I'm assuming there's not yet an easy way to remove the update nag from emuNAND without restoring an older backup (my latest one is probably 9.2) or formatting it (bringing it back down to 4.2). Would formatting from settings work? I'd guess no.

I still haven't heard of a good way to get rid of the nag except restore a backed up emuNAND

Ericzander

GBAtemp's residential attorney
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
Yeah same. Well now that I'm thinking... Wouldn't it be possible to backup your data with SDF and then format emuNAND (which in my case would bring it to GW4.2) and then use something like 3DNUS to update it to 9.5.x? Then you can redownload your .cia files and backup the saves.

Procyon

TheRealProcyon
Trophies
Website
discord.me
XP
Country
Netherlands
I still haven't heard of a good way to get rid of the nag except restore a backed up emuNAND

Boot into download/safe/update mode using the
Code:
L button + the R button + the A button + the Up button on the D-pad
Then click cancel, I must learn to master this too, it's not as easy as it looks to get the timing right

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Murica