#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3DS Update Coming 4/25

Nintendo 3DS systems in North America will be able to get a firmware update on April 25 that will allow system owners to organize games and apps saved into the system in folders. It will also support software patches.

icon11.gif
Source via Kotaku

So, possibly adding folders for the System Menu. I wonder what other kinds of features and bug fixes this will add, and what carts it will block (if any). This makes me want to try the DSBricker again, as I've promised, to see if an update will unbrick it, but I kind of want to keep my 3DS on a lower FW to keep it ready in the event of a lower-firmware softmod becoming available. I'll likely do it though because I am quite interested still to see what happens. Expect a video in the 3DS Hacking section next weekend from me.

Reactions: 2 people

loco365

Trophies
XP
oh my god folders I love this thing. But this must be my early birthday present- my birthday falls on the very next day! xD

BrightNeko

Popcorn ball
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
it is fair to assume that anything nintendo direct will end up on the front page and to check their first. >_>

*there

And cool. The tweet was from today. I wouldn't have thought Nintendo would announce it before announcing it.
Wow I must really be that tired x.x thanks for the catch hon.

D

Deleted User

As for the patch functionality, players will be able to download patches and updates for their 3DS games via the 3DS eShop.Mario Kart 7, Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance and Japanese-only New Love Plus will be first in line for patches (no more skipping over WuHu Island during online matches, it seems). The Mario Kart 7 patch is due this May, and Iwata said Konami and Square Enix would announce a patch date for their respective titles at a later time.
Source

Reactions: 1 person

Ryupower

Brood
Trophies
Website
techmantis.net
XP
Country
United States
you know what would be nice with a FW update (at some point)
another update to mii streetpass plaza

the will let you use 10 play coins for a pink puzzle piece (for puzzle swap)
and
the will let you use 10 play coins for a higer level hero (for find mii)

because
not everyone can get 100s of street passes where they live

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nintendo Direct UK just aired, and they said directly they will be patching Mario Kart 7 to remove a certain unfair shortcut.
Thank god, if I ever get to playing it again I can race on Maka Wuhu without having to pull that stunt.

Reactions: 1 person

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
Nintendo Direct UK just aired, and they said directly they will be patching Mario Kart 7 to remove a certain unfair shortcut.
Thank god, if I ever get to playing it again I can race on Maka Wuhu without having to pull that stunt.
there is a lot of guys that will knows only now that Maka Wuhu has a castle and an underwater shortcut.

ForteGospel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you know what would be nice with a FW update (at some point)
another update to mii streetpass plaza

the will let you use 10 play coins for a pink puzzle piece (for puzzle swap)
and
the will let you use 10 play coins for a higer level hero (for find mii)

because
not everyone can get 100s of street passes where they live
you just have to do street pass 7 times with the same person and then you can use 9 coins to use him every time you want

also if you cant find anyone you got iwata level 5 to use...

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
there is a lot of guys that will knows only now that Maka Wuhu has a castle and an underwater shortcut.
Yeah, deliberate shortcuts programmed into the game and would have been used were it not for the glitch.

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's probably gonna be two parts. Gonna try to first instalL FWNitro, which I doubt will work, attempt to install FlashMe just to show it doesn't work even though I've tried, then given that those don't work, brick it with the bricker, try to change DS settings 3DS-side to see if that fixes it (Message and color are chosen in 3DS mode from the Settings menu, even though they are DS settings. DS Wifi settings are only done in DS mode, so you can't access them.), then install the update and see if that fixes it, then show a format to show it fixes it.

Unless I can fit that into a 10 minute video.

CollosalPokemon

ばん。。。かい
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3DS Update Coming 4/25

Nintendo 3DS systems in North America will be able to get a firmware update on April 25 that will allow system owners to organize games and apps saved into the system in folders. It will also support software patches.

icon11.gif
Source via Kotaku

So, possibly adding folders for the System Menu. I wonder what other kinds of features and bug fixes this will add, and what carts it will block (if any). This makes me want to try the DSBricker again, as I've promised, to see if an update will unbrick it, but I kind of want to keep my 3DS on a lower FW to keep it ready in the event of a lower-firmware softmod becoming available. I'll likely do it though because I am quite interested still to see what happens. Expect a video in the 3DS Hacking section next weekend from me.

Wow, that's enticing (the folders) but the problem with staying on a lower fw is you don't know which game will be exploited (unless you're willing to buy all of the 3DS eShop games and just hope the exploited one won't be more recently added...). I'm sure any eShop game exploits would be pulled within 30 minutes of their release, such as (if I remember right) sudokuhax. Still, I doubt Nintendo would force software patches (similar to "automatic updating") but it's actually not specified (or I don't think it was) if it'll be automatic or simply like game card "add-ons".

I'm glad to see Nintendo is actually adding content instead of only anti-piracy/hacking methods such as with the DSi.

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3DS Update Coming 4/25

icon11.gif
Source via Kotaku

Wow, that's enticing (the folders) but the problem with staying on a lower fw is you don't know which game will be exploited (unless you're willing to buy all of the 3DS eShop games and just hope the exploited one won't be more recently added...). I'm sure any eShop game exploits would be pulled within 30 minutes of their release, such as (if I remember right) sudokuhax. Still, I doubt Nintendo would force software patches (similar to "automatic updating") but it's actually not specified (or I don't think it was) if it'll be automatic or simply like game card "add-ons".

I'm glad to see Nintendo is actually adding content instead of only anti-piracy/hacking methods such as with the DSi.

Unless the exploit was some variation of a cartridge based game/SD attack (and I find the latter both VERY unlikely) that Nintendo realized before the hackers did and patched it in the next FW update.

Or, I could just not care, which seems like the more logical thing to do. A video will be had.

And your last statement: much agreed.

Fibrizo

Not Valwin
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's probably gonna be two parts. Gonna try to first instalL FWNitro, which I doubt will work, attempt to install FlashMe just to show it doesn't work even though I've tried, then given that those don't work, brick it with the bricker, try to change DS settings 3DS-side to see if that fixes it (Message and color are chosen in 3DS mode from the Settings menu, even though they are DS settings. DS Wifi settings are only done in DS mode, so you can't access them.), then install the update and see if that fixes it, then show a format to show it fixes it.

Unless I can fit that into a 10 minute video.

Question what are you trying to do see if a update fixes the DS side ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    A @ anotherthing: The Nintendo servers are going down in 9 days anyway.