Hacking 3DS System Update April 25th! Will Flashcards still work?

Vampire Lied

Resident sociopath
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What does download play have to do with meeting ppl? I get 3-5 tags just about every day. When I play multiplayer online or in person, its usually Resident Evil or Kid Icarus. I've only used download play once, and that was with someone who wanted to play MK7, which I don't have.
I have a handful of games. None of which use download play.

Sychophantom

I'm a plant.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So nobody uses DSDownload here? NOBODY? Jeez, you guys really don't meet other players often, also has anyone not updated thiers yet? Then we could do a speed test to check.
I checked a few things while updating my set. Yes, the menus do seem to run faster on the updated units. Opening and closing apps, switching between active apps/games, and loading times seem faster.

Streetpass seems to be a bit more fluid, except that holding the R button down does not speed up everything, especially in Puzzle Swap. This hasn't been fixed in the update, and I think it has more to do with the number of puzzles and free spaces than anything else. Probably just lag from the SD card saves.

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What does download play have to do with meeting ppl? I get 3-5 tags just about every day. When I play multiplayer online or in person, its usually Resident Evil or Kid Icarus. I've only used download play once, and that was with someone who wanted to play MK7, which I don't have.
I have a handful of games. None of which use download play.

Huh, that's odd. I'm usually using Download Play 3 or 4 times a week, and I have most pf the games that anyone actually bought for the 3DS. Plus, Streetpass is different, all you do is walk by someone and you grab some info on them. Download play requires an actual talking and playing with the person. Then again, mostly I
use download play for DS titles. Not 3DS.

Also, you guys are right I just used a old video of mine to compare speeds. Its much faster. Especially closing Software.

Nightwalk3r

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the r4i 3ds sdhc site said that their existing firmware works fine on the new 4.0. .at least 1 card works under 4.0 so far

And yet, I updated my R4i-SDHC 3DS card with their latest software (20/4/2012), did it BEFORE updating the system, and the card still got blocked.

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
the r4i 3ds sdhc site said that their existing firmware works fine on the new 4.0. .at least 1 card works under 4.0 so far

And yet, I updated my R4i-SDHC 3DS card with their latest software (20/4/2012), did it BEFORE updating the system, and the card still got blocked.

le sigh

did you apply the firmware update tho?

there the Kernel (which is what you load games with the menu, currently version 1.56b)
then theres the Firmware Update (which is what bypasses the console udpates)

firmware update is done by

ens.jpg

Reactions: 1 person

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Merged the two threads talking about it (could you guys double check all the 3DS sections before starting a thread? thanks), I hope that it didn't became a giant messy collage of posts :unsure:

Nightwalk3r

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

le sigh

did you apply the firmware update tho?

there the Kernel (which is what you load games with the menu, currently version 1.56b)
then theres the Firmware Update (which is what bypasses the console udpates)

firmware update is done by

ens.jpg

Thanks for the detailed explanation and the effort....
But the problem is that, le yes, I did all that... :(

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
You are aware that they have the NWC running those right? Not NN, Nintendo Network is basically the account based version of NWC. Last I looked, your MK7 data was still dependent on your games save file and Swapnotes were still saved in the SD card. When I can check my eShop downloads and account from my PC and I actually tie a real account to my system, I'm pretty sure were still using NWC. Try to think a little bit before you try to be a douche, kay?
NN is a re-branding of WFC.
Nothing more.
You're thinking of accounts on the upcoming Wii U, absolutely nothing like that has been confirmed for the 3DS.
Also, you're confusing cloud saves in this whole mess too.

And stop calling people names, it's childish, even for a 15 year old.

The Milkman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You are aware that they have the NWC running those right? Not NN, Nintendo Network is basically the account based version of NWC. Last I looked, your MK7 data was still dependent on your games save file and Swapnotes were still saved in the SD card. When I can check my eShop downloads and account from my PC and I actually tie a real account to my system, I'm pretty sure were still using NWC. Try to think a little bit before you try to be a douche, kay?
Nothing more.
You're thinking of accounts on the upcoming Wii U, absolutely nothing like that has been confirmed for the 3DS.

Are you serious? There were whole interviews blatantly saying that NN was NOT a rebranding. You know where all this stufff about DLC and downloadable games is coming from? Frickin Interviews. Maybe there wont be accounts for 3DS, but there will be NN accounts otherwise half the features they talked about would make no sense. And its not my fault your acting like douche.

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nothing more.

Are you serious? There were whole interviews blatantly saying that NN was NOT a rebranding. You know where all this stufff about DLC and downloadable games is coming from? Frickin Interviews. Maybe there wont be accounts for 3DS, but there will be NN accounts otherwise half the features they talked about would make no sense. And its not my fault your acting like douche.
... Dude, plz. NN is their new online service. Which means it will handle, DLC, downloadabe games, Online accounts for Wii U and Online play (which is the part you don't apparently get).. That's it.

The Milkman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nothing more.

... Dude, plz. NN is their new online service. Which means it will handle, DLC, downloadabe games, Online accounts for Wii U and Online play (which is the part you don't apparently get).. That's it.
....Thats what I was saying...

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nothing more.

What I mean is, the game that are compatible with NN means that they will offer online play UNLESS otherwise. Meaning if they will have DLC or other services Nintendo will notify us about it. Until then, when they say thay their games are compatible with NN, they mean 'online play'.

The Milkman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nothing more.

What I mean is, the game that are compatible with NN means that they will offer online play UNLESS otherwise. Meaning if they will have DLC or other services Nintendo will notify us about it. Until then, when they say thay their games are compatible with NN, they mean 'online play'.
Ahh, ok I get what your saying, still I was hoping for a app like PSN and XBL get :C

Sychophantom

I'm a plant.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
folders and eshop looking awesome, i like this alot.

and using QR codes in the eshop now? even better.

now...how does the QR code format work for the eshop to get free stuff :D?
eshop://[appid] etc.
It's just a url qr code.
We've been able to scan them by using the lite camera (L/R from the home menu) for months, but hey if people want to launch the eshop, click the bottom, click settings/others, scroll down, click "Scan QR", and then do it, who are we to point out a faster way to do it?
BAH...i thought it was for redeeming something you have bought :(
It is, but it's the exact same thing. You're just going through extra steps unless they plan to remove QR from the camera lite.
AH HAHAHAHAHA I WAS RIGHT.

eshop -> manual -> page 12 "Settings / other" -> Functions -> scan QR code "you can scan QR code images that contain the following information: 1. download codes. 2. Nintendo 3DS prepaid card numbers. 3. Links to titles in Nintendo eShop"

i guess thats what i get for not reading the manual sooner.

SO HA! I WAS RIGHT :D
Wait. QR codes for Nintendo 3DS prepaid codes?

Anyone can make a prepaid code. While I'd be certain not everyone has access to the algorithm that generates the codes, generating a QR code to scan is relatively easy.

Hrm. I can see some troll ideas forming.

Dingoo-fan 32

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
My acekard was blocked when i updated my 3ds, i didn't thought about it before updating

But luckly I still have my old DS lite, I still can update my Ace =P

Kadin

Ain't no rest for the wicked...
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EZFlash Vi, confirmed WORKING. ^_^
H[805] F[108] k3.0 OB7

Anybody know how to do folders yet?

Yep, the ez5i isn't blocked. the first post of this thread is wrong. ;)
Thanks... yeah I misread that one. :blink:

So let me ask this... are there ANY cards that aren't updated and/or working with this update? With the merge, there's a bit to browse through now.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Ahh, ok I get what your saying, still I was hoping for a app like PSN and XBL get :C
We all are, but it's not a given.
And besides, what would that even mean?
Isn't PSN and XBL just like... the menu and shop with the friendlist and online play?
We have that already, since a bit after launch.

also, holy wowzers at how many times i was quoted/notified.

The Nintendo DD model annoys me so much...
^ a response to Sychophantom.

The Milkman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We all are, but it's not a given.
And besides, what would that even mean?
Isn't PSN and XBL just like... the menu and shop with the friendlist and online play?
We have that already, since a bit after launch.

also, holy wowzers at how many times i was quoted/notified.

The Nintendo DD model annoys me so much...
^ a response to Sychophantom.
Not really, its all of those plus a few features used in-game, such as dedicated voice chat, IMing, forming parties to mess around with said friends in, suff like that, I didn't think we would get a eShop app, I thought we would get a multi-task app (like the friends list and browser) for it. In fact, I thought it would replace the Friends list all together. Also an account would mean, no more FCs and profile pages (which would list things such as games and maybe a description/bio) which would pretty much give us Nintendo guys the nice little things like sig tags and account linking, that XBL and PSN users have had for a while. Its more of the bare minimum right now then anything. I was hoping this update would add to that. I guess I should have eleborated rather then comeback at your rude comment (;)) sorry I suppose.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn