Hacking 3DS System Transfer and legit CIAs

CeeDee

fuckin dork
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a spare 3DS at a hackable firmware (I believe it's about 6.1.x-ish) and a 3DS XL on newest firmware and I have a few questions about installing legit CIAs. If I installed legit CIAs on the hackable 3DS, update it, and system transfer my XL to it then back (without making a NNID on the hackable 3DS), will my XL keep these CIAs as playable? Will they be in my eShop history? Could I do this again to another DS after the first transfer, or once I update I can't go back? Any good guides to do any of this stuff I asked? Thank you!

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
Here we go again :P

NO, you can't system transffer them, for some odd reason it will not work.
NO, it doesn't work from Emunand 9.7 to Sysnand 9.7 system transffer,
NO, it will not work from Sysnand 9.2 updated to sysnand 9.7 and then system transffered to another sysnand 9.7 system
Yes, it will work from Emunand to Emunand system transffer
Yes, if you bought a console with a pre-installed game, you can system transffer that game and if you bought all consoles with pre-installed games and set 1 up and system transffer it every time to another one with pre-installed games, you can have all pre-installed games on 1 console in the end that you can system transffer every time again

And it doesn't matter if you link a NNID or not, the result stays the same as above
You can go only back to 6.1 (or whatever 9.2 and lower) on your hackable 3DS system, as long as you have a NAND backup and a hardmod

If you system transffer your Sysnand 9.7 XL to your other hackable 3DS, you can't install any cia as it will be on 9.7 and there'rs no way you can install cia's on 9.7 to beging with, you can however system transffer your XL to emunand, but legit cia's need to be installed on sysnand to stay legit, then make an emunand out of that

CeeDee

fuckin dork
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can't you install CIAs on SysNand? I was thinking that I could install them on SysNand of the hackable 3DS, then update to 9.7 on the hackable 3DS, transfer my XL's SysNand to it, then transfer the data with the CIAs back to the XL. Apparently, going off what you said, System Transfer wouldn't work though.

BadJuju

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a 3DS with a broken circle pad and a broken camera, and it was pasta enabled. The parts broke after I installed the CFW. I got tired of playing only d-pad games, so I decided to do a system transfer to my 9.7 3DS XL in hopes of at least being able to download legit games from the eShop on the 3DS XL, since I had installed every legit US CIA on the broken 3DS. I risked it, updated my 3DS to be able to system transfer towards the 3DS XL, and now I have a broken non-pasta 3DS and a system transferred 3DS XL, both on latest firmware, and none can play any game that I had installed under Ninjhax/Pasta, legit or not. They don't even show on the eShop as downloadable.

The next time I'm not doing anything and I'll just keep playing d-pad games. Forget that.

Edit: I take that back. I just entered the eShop on the broken 3DS and downloaded SM3DL, no NNID needed. So I guess the games were tied to my console and not my account.

Mayhem1124

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I must not be understanding this. Here's my situation. My N3DS XL is currently banned. I would really like to use some of the titles tied to the NNID on the N3DS XL on my 9.0 O3DS XL. On the old one, I'm running an updated (9.8) emuNAND with 9.0 sysNAND. My new one is running 9.8. Can you system transfer from the N3DS XL to an O3DS XL running emuNAND and it still be exploitable? I should also mention that I currently don't have a gateway (It's on it's way as we speak =]) but rather I'm running the launcher from my SD card. I'm still kind of new to this kind of thing, so any help is appreciated.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 229 steam games more than I thought