XP
Country
Canada
ichichfly said:
ichichfly said:
Ruri said:
ichichfly said:
ADD2: it is unknown if the roms are encrypted
It can be assumed, though. They wouldn't switch to weaker security.

They have only crypted parts of the rom not the ful rom in DS. I don`t know if DSi roms have crypted parts but i think only parts,too.
Sweet reply to yourself.

Anyway, DSi is more crypted than the DS Lite is because Ninty wanted to stop piracy on DSi, too. And it's obviously crypted, it's supposed to have better security than the DS. Which it didn't, we hacked it a lot faster.

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
What this person was doing is strictly just a headphone jack out -> audio input in on their PC. I could EASILY do this with both my onboard and xi-fi sound card. It is not hard. Just ask the person how he did it, he did not hack anything.

ultimatt42

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Knyaz Vladimir said:
ichichfly said:
ichichfly said:
Ruri said:
ichichfly said:

They have only crypted parts of the rom not the ful rom in DS. I don`t know if DSi roms have crypted parts but i think only parts,too.
Sweet reply to yourself.

Anyway, DSi is more crypted than the DS Lite is because Ninty wanted to stop piracy on DSi, too. And it's obviously crypted, it's supposed to have better security than the DS. Which it didn't, we hacked it a lot faster.

No, the DS was hacked within months. The DS came out Nov 22, 2004 and I got my PassMe in April 2005. The DSi was released Nov 1, 2008 and Sudokuhax was released Jan 27, 2011, over two years later. So it took about 4-5 times longer for the DSi than the DS.

Antoids

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's always a chance someone will report his videos for copyright infringement, yes.

But the content ID matching shouldn't work on his videos, so unless video game companies take a REALLY vested interest in their music and protecting it, he should be fine.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Knyaz Vladimir said:
ichichfly said:
ichichfly said:
Ruri said:
ichichfly said:

Sweet reply to yourself.

Actually 3DS hasn't been hacked yet, we just have the ability to play DS mode flashcarts on it.

PHALLIUS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How about dumping the rom to thew sd card or to a supercard? Something along the same lines as rom dumping on the wii.

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
PHALLIUS said:
How about dumping the rom to thew sd card or to a supercard? Something along the same lines as rom dumping on the wii.

This requires getting access to run code from somewhere on the system (like the SD or possibly a cart) in 3DS mode. Making a ROM dump on the SD card isn't just a "move content from Slot-1 into SD" "Accept". Something more is needed before this is possible, otherwise it would have been done already
tongue.gif

-Qtis

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Do rappers rap like Dr. Seuss to sell novels