3ds revision

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by TheDarkSeed, Apr 14, 2011.

Apr 14, 2011

3ds revision by TheDarkSeed at 8:24 AM (2,773 Views / 0 Likes) 23 replies

1. TheDarkSeed
    OP

Member TheDarkSeed I'm a pretentious sack of shit

United States
    You can say it has been a tradition of Nintendo's to release a different version or revision of their handheld consoles.

What do you think it might look like? Or better yet, what would you want it to look like?

Me? I think it might be a slide model with the home buttons placed somewhere along the side or above the screen.
    I'm just hoping it's not a freakin' XL type revision.

(move topic to "hardware" please)

2. Dylan

Member Dylan 100 MILES AND RUNNIN'

Australia
    Just use your imagination bro.

Haha I just think they'll straighten up the top screen sorta going outwards like it does. Maybe slightly bigger screens. The main thing I would be over the moon about is if they put the stylus back where it was. Surely they will realise how stupid its current position is.

3. Sop

Banned Sop groovy dude lmao

Australia
    The "XL" is the exact reason I'm waiting to get a 3DS.. Nintendo screwed me over when I got the DSi on launch and then a few weeks later released the "XL".

4. desam57

Newcomer desam57 Advanced Member

United States
    i would want to see the bottom screen the same size as the top screen

5. KingVamp

Member KingVamp Great... AETHER!

United States
    If it was bought on launch then a XL version came 2 years after not a few weeks later.

And thread is already made. Link

6. leeday100196

Member leeday100196 GBAtemp's Official Infernapeā„¢

Australia
    they'll probably make a second Slide pad for the right hand, that way they can release more FPS's on it, being how popular they are...

7. prowler

Member prowler Sony

United Kingdom
    Whoa there.

Give it time (let them rehash the 3DS) before they release a 3DSi with new features.

8. DeadLocked

Member DeadLocked Bi-Winning.

United Kingdom
    They'll never add a second slide pad, how are they going to release new games that require 2 slide pads while people who bought the early 3DS write complaints?
    I hope they remove that ugly 2 tone chin and make the 3DS look just like the DSi (matte black, properly "boxy" when closed.) a larger top screen and brighter for using in the sun. And obviously moving the stylus what the hell were they thinking. It is better for leftys where it is but most people are right handed. And the L/R could use some more mass.

I doubt they'll even put a slide pad on the next console, Nintendo love their action-platformers.

(The above reasons are why I'm holding out on getting one. Particularly the chin part.

9. TheDarkSeed
    OP

United States
    That thread is about when another remake will release and when good games will come out. My thread is about what you want the remake to look like. I appreciate your concern though. [​IMG]

10. 10_0ARMY

Member 10_0ARMY THE *Original* 1 Man Army

United States
    What do you mean "back to where it was"? If any of you can recall the original DS (which I still have) had the stylus in a similar, if not the same, location as this relic. Relocating the stylus wouldn't matter though since if the game uses it YOU WILL PROLLY HAVE IT OUT LONG BEFORE YOU NEED IT. I'll prolly never update my 3ds hardware. I didn't do it for the DS and I'm not gonna do it again.

A second slide pad would be awesome for FPS but it wont happen until a new system comes out. For now one slide pad and a stylus for FPS. Though we will prolly see a new hardware update in 2 years, TOPS.

11. KingVamp

Member KingVamp Great... AETHER!

United States
    Sorry, I mean this one. Link?
    [​IMG]

The way it look as in color and outside design is fine. I can deal with it, but a matte finish would be nice.

Even brighter!!! Do you want your eyes burned out? [​IMG]

L/R um.. true.

If possible, having the 3DS look just like the dsi wouldn't make it look like a new generation. To some people that might confused them.

12. spiritofcat

Member spiritofcat GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    No, the DS had the stylus on the right hand side of the cartridge slot. The 3DS has it on the left hand side of the cartridge slot.
    Being right handed, the DS stylus was very easy to get out with the fingers of my right hand. The 3DS stylus is much harder for me to reach.

13. Nollog

Member Nollog GBAtemp Addict

Ireland
  14. TanookiSuit

Member TanookiSuit Game Reviewer/Writer -- formerly Vampire Hunter D

United States
    Other than an XL version for the blind and people with THE HULK hands, not sure really. Nintendo said clearly they learned from the groaning by the media and consumers that nearly yearly revisions were pissing off people and only the more 'core' of types with the cash were suckered into it. The unit was designed so that every piece of real estate in the case was pretty well used (which you can see in tear downs) so there's nowhere to go shrink wise aside from waiting for years for micronization of parts.

XL though gives more room for the same parts so they could go up and out for a home unit not so mean for portability.

15. Giga_Gaia

Member Giga_Gaia Shinigami

Canada
    There isn't gonna be a new revision for a few years. They said they used everything they learned with the DSi to make the 3ds as light and small as possible.

Guess they're either doing the XL in 2 years or something or they're going back to the drawing board to make the 3DS better.

16. unseen4ce

Newcomer unseen4ce Advanced Member

Australia
    I am also waiting for an XL version as well, though I already have a 3DS which I like very much. I would improve the battery obviously. I will trade in my original 3DS on the XL which usually means you pay a greatly reduced price for the upgrade; I cannot wait a year for the XL to be released.

17. hunter291

Member hunter291 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Germany
    I'm happy with my 3ds, but I'm sure we'll see the 3DSi XL micro in the future xD

18. TheDarkSeed
    OP

United States
    I really hope they go back to the drawing board...

19. BORTZ

Global Moderator BORTZ wtf, nintendo

United States
    Doesnt matter to me. Im waiting till the revision and buying one then, I dont have the money right now for a 3DS and i always get burned by getting the first evolution of a system.

20. syko5150

Member syko5150 GBAtemp Syko!

United States
    Actually the time it took from the DSi release to the DSiXL release was a mere 11 months...

The DS Time line from first release

DS Phat - 11/20/2004 - DS Lite - 03/02/2006 = Just over 1 year 3 months

DS Lite - 03/02/2006 - DSi - 04/02/09 = 3 years 1 month

DSi- 04/02/09 - DSiXL - 03/05/2010 = 11 months

so I would say around summer 2012-holidays 2012 we will see a new version of the 3DS.