Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Off topic but, with the dsiwarehax method is it possible to backup nand then restore after starting the process then somehow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, the DSiWare hax tool has a NAND backup option. I don't know why, but the guide doesn't tell you to backup your NAND, just F0F1 whatever that is.

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, the DSiWare hax tool has a NAND backup option. I don't know why, but the guide doesn't tell you to backup your NAND, just F0F1 whatever that is.
That's the firm0 and firm1, which is a backup (dupe of firm0) in case the firm0 gets corrupted. It's where a9lh/SigHax lives. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe firm0 is NATIVE_FIRM and firm1 is SAFE_MODE_FIRM.

:-infern:

GBAtemp Legend
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's out of date. Next time kid don't open up a thread and post fake news. Causing unnecessary stir just cause they forgot to change a few digits.

Mods please close this.

Reactions: FateForWindows

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
That's the firm0 and firm1, which is a backup (dupe of firm0) in case the firm0 gets corrupted. It's where a9lh/SigHax lives. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe firm0 is NATIVE_FIRM and firm1 is SAFE_MODE_FIRM.
If you bricked your console it wouldn't help you recover would it?

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you bricked your console it wouldn't help you recover would it?
I think it might depending on the brick. As I understand it, the backup is made in case the SigHax/a9lh installation goes sideways. You can flash back the firms, but I think that requires a hardmod. It really won't matter much once Snorlax get released.

Reactions: Quantumcat

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
FIRM1 is not SAFE_MODE_FIRM. SAFE_MODE_FIRM is something else entirely: https://3dbrew.org/wiki/FIRM#SAFE_MODE_FIRM

Like you said, FIRM1 is an exact copy of FIRM0 :P

Reactions: pixelmasher

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Oh now that is good news