Hardware Oldies Updating the firmware on an older GDEMU

TechnicolorNX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First time using this account, but I suspect I'll be here more often since Reddit is slowy killing itself.

Anyway, I have an official GDEMU that was purchased back in 2018. I have not updated the firmware on it since I first got it, and I was wanting to update to the latest firmware, as it looks like there's been a number of fixes and improvements.

According to a blog post onthe GDEMU website, it seems that units manufactured before 2020 require some sort of intermediary update before they can be upgraded to firmware versions higher than 5.20. The problem is that there is no update linked in the post itself, and the two links that were posted in the comments are long dead. I also can't find any information on this that's more recent than 2020, so I'm not even sure if this process is required for the latest firmware, but it's not clear and I don't want to break anything.

Does anyone have any experience with this? Am I safe to just update to 5.20.5? If I do still need the intermediary update, does anyone have it? I feel a bit stuck here, and the GDEMU website is probably the least helpful I've ever encountered for a product like this.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu: i have an issue with loading games on usb with usbloadergx on vwii. Is there anyone that can...