• Likes 43

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thank you for the help. I'm guessing it is just the game reader, and since its a 2ds xl, I'd have to solder on a new reader or junk the motherboard. I guess i'll just stick to playing downloaded games.
Technically still illegal, but I wouldn't have any bad feelings when downloading the ROMs from the internet while owning the originals. Doesn't feel unjust to me.
Custom firmware allows you to fully enjoy the console even though the cart reader is non-functional.

Reactions: CoolMe and impeeza

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello i’m new to 3ds, someone sold me his cfw 3ds without sd card what should i do now? Reinstall the cfw? Or just use my normal sd card?
Follow this guide and this to get all the files in place on your sdcard. Though i recommend testing the new SD card with h2testw first to make sure it's not faulty or defective. If it passes the test, format it as FAT32 32KB cluster size, and follow the guides above.
If it fails pass the test, then you should get a new sd card.

Valwinz

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
yea i installed a game on my 3ds and lost the source for it is there a way to make a copy of the game that i installed?

Cerroz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know how CIA Maker programs allow you to customize a lot of things such as creating different color cartridge borders, sound effects when you select the game in question, etc?

Is there a way to edit those properties after the CIA is installed? Like, for example, I select a Zelda game I installed via .cia and the 3D model of the icon has a red border, what if I wanted to change it to blue? Is there a way to do that? Or do I have to completely redo the .cia?

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know how CIA Maker programs allow you to customize a lot of things such as creating different color cartridge borders, sound effects when you select the game in question, etc?

Is there a way to edit those properties after the CIA is installed? Like, for example, I select a Zelda game I installed via .cia and the 3D model of the icon has a red border, what if I wanted to change it to blue? Is there a way to do that? Or do I have to completely redo the .cia?
I don't think you can edit that stuff once it is installed, not on the 3DS anyway. Not sure if you can do it and edit the files manually on pc, or with some app though..

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I think it would be far more complicated to do an already installed title. Even if you changed something, you'd probably have issues with what's indexed

Cerroz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think you can edit that stuff once it is installed, not on the 3DS anyway. Not sure if you can do it and edit the files manually on pc, or with some app though..
I think it would be far more complicated to do an already installed title. Even if you changed something, you'd probably have issues with what's indexed
Well then, let's say I redo the whole process, can I at least make another installation use previous save files so I don't have to replay the entire game?

Cerroz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It can. Unless it's an Inject then i'm not sure.
Backup GBA VC saves in GodMode9.
How exactly would I go about looking for the games in GodMode9? Most of the titles are in that ID format or whatever.

Also, someone needs to redo how the "you're a new member so you can't post links yet!" feature works on this forum. Because links that come from someone else's quote still count as "me" posting the link.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How exactly would I go about looking for the games in GodMode9? Most of the titles are in that ID format or whatever.

Also, someone needs to redo how the "you're a new member so you can't post links yet!" feature works on this forum. Because links that come from someone else's quote still count as "me" posting the link.
the board question--I don't know if it's possible or even desirable to do that. we used to have a problem with bots flooding the boards with nonsense, and providing links to bs. that's why there are such restrictions afaik.

Reactions: CoolMe

Pk11

A catgirl with a DSi
Trophies
Website
xn--rck9c.xn--tckwe
XP
Country
United States
GBA VC is done differently, there's a special section for them on the page CoolMe linked. You don't need to worry about the ID since it'll always just be the last one you loaded from the HOME Menu.

For games that are done by the ID, there's a title manager in GM9 that lists them by name, but those are easier to do with Checkpoint anyways for saves.

Edit: Also maybe AGB_edit could be helpful, but I don't think it supports the type of editing you're looking for.

Reactions: CoolMe

Maximumbeans

3DS is love, 3DS is life
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all. Newbie question here:

I'm trying to make a copy of the 'Nintendo 3DS' folder from my SD card which is 64GB. Due to the size of the folder, FAT32 is giving me trouble and Win10 tells me there's not enough room to copy it.

Is there any way for me to back this folder up from the card or is it basically stuck where it is?

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all. Newbie question here:

I'm trying to make a copy of the 'Nintendo 3DS' folder from my SD card which is 64GB. Due to the size of the folder, FAT32 is giving me trouble and Win10 tells me there's not enough room to copy it.

Is there any way for me to back this folder up from the card or is it basically stuck where it is?
That doesn't make sense.. the "Nintendo 3DS" has many small folders inside it it that doesn't even come near the 4GB limit of fat32. Or are you telling me the hdd on your pc is formatted as Fat32?
Are you sure have enough storage capacity to store that folder inside your hdd? You should check how much GBs the "Nintendo 3DS" folder has, and if you have atleast that amount of storage capacity free on your hdd.
Otherwise you could use Roadkil's Unstoppable Copier if you have those requirements and you are still faced with stubborn files that won't transfer over..

Maximumbeans

3DS is love, 3DS is life
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That doesn't make sense.. the "Nintendo 3DS" has many small folders inside it it that doesn't even come near the 4GB limit of fat32. Or are you telling me the hdd on your pc is formatted as Fat32?
Are you sure have enough storage capacity to store that folder inside your hdd? You should check how much GBs the "Nintendo 3DS" folder has, and if you have atleast that amount of storage capacity free on your hdd.
Otherwise you could use [link] if you have those requirements and you are still faced with stubborn files that won't transfer over..
Then I'm not quite sure what I've done because the 'Nintendo 3DS' folder in the root of my SD card is around 18GB :huh:
Even with this, there's enough spare room on the SD to create the necessary temporary files to copy stuff off, so I don't really understand where the issue with it all is.
Thank you for the suggestion, I'll check it out if I can't resolve what's going on at the source.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably not I got cross play friends
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they risk getting flagged or banned, altho spouting profanity in online play alredy does that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.
    +1
  • Y @ YuseiFD:
    Then how come you do it and don't get banned ? or is it a question of getting caught doing it ?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision

the new generation playing MWII won't be as hardened as the previous one playing original MW2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous ones getting shoved down a hillside.
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    exactly my point
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig or Mario's Early Years
    +1
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    ddddddddddddddddddddddd
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my fingie hurt
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Why?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    hangnail thing I think
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ... that's rough buddy
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    peepee
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Roll them little snake eyes in
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    :wacko: rolling?
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    make up his mind dude
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: make up his mind dude