• Replies 53,796
  • Likes 43

Halbour

Love yourself
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
I’m not entirely sure if I should be asking here, but I suppose better here than a thread of its own.

Assuming no piracy, and with measures taken not to send data to dear ol’ Ninty, what are the chances of getting banned at this point? I’ve gotten my New 3DS XL CFW’d a few days back, and I’m wondering what the risks are at this point. While I can assume they’re low, the recent-ish update has me a small bit on edge.

The question may seem silly, of course, but I admit I am curious. Thank you in advance!

E: While I’m here, I would also like to ask if there have been any recent reports of bans like the ones back in 2017 nowadays — I’ve been snooping around, but I haven’t found anything yet.

Again, thank you!
Meh, no one will ban you, especially if you disable system sharing info.

Halbour

Love yourself
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
That really dont mean much. just dont cheat online. and dont use fraud credit cards or chargebacks.
actually, i dont even know how to use those fraud cc, (i really wanted to do this and then merge funds with my patched switch), but most pep wont do that.. and cheating online isnt reccomended but not much of a problem.

DarthMotzkus

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello there!
I know i can dump my cartridges via GodMode9 to .cia files and install then with FBI, but my sd card it's a bit full, i can't dump AND install the title, don't have enough space. The question: Is there any option or application wich i can "install" the game from the cartridge directly to my sd card without need to dump it?
Or a fastest FTP server so i can drop the dumps into my computer?

AriaNights

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello there!
I know i can dump my cartridges via GodMode9 to .cia files and install then with FBI, but my sd card it's a bit full, i can't dump AND install the title, don't have enough space. The question: Is there any option or application wich i can "install" the game from the cartridge directly to my sd card without need to dump it?

If memory serves, Godmode9 can actually just do that! By selecting the ‘.trim.3ds’ part of the cartridge files, then going into ‘NCSD image options,’ you can then install the game image directly from there using ‘Install game image.’ If memory serves, this should place it on without having to worry about making a .cia first.

Reactions: DarthMotzkus

Halbour

Love yourself
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Hello there!
if you have universal-updater, install there "cartinstall", [if not then search on github], then reboot and press start on powerup. then choose 'cartinstall', then press A. Insert your cart and make sure its not dirty, read the readme.md if you want, then press A to start... easy!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Tell me if that helps ^-^

DarthMotzkus

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
if you have universal-updater, install there "cartinstall", [if not then search on github], then reboot and press start on powerup. then choose 'cartinstall', then press A. Insert your cart and make sure its not dirty, read the readme.md if you want, then press A to start... easy!

Sure, gonna try that. Is the save copied too or just the game? How i dump the save together from the cartridge?

assassinz

Visoly 512 Flash Advance Linker Xtreme Master!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to install cfw on an old Japanese 3ds with latest firmware, but when I get to the part where I do the DNS 054.038.133.070 test, it won't connect. I've tried several times over the past 2 days and still nothing. I've installed cfw on my old USA version 3ds last week and the DNS test worked and installed the cfw successfully, but now when I try the DNS test on the USA 3ds the test fails. Is something going on with the DNS servers?

AriaNights

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wich is better (fastest) to backup saves from carts and restore them into the digital game installed on SD previously: Checkpoint or JKSM?
Personally, I’d say Checkpoint — if my memory serves me right, you can just back up the save and then move to the SD card version of the game — and the save should be right there, ready to be restored to the digital cart. I’ve done it myself, and it’s as smooth as it gets, imo.

humble428

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So, this is a weird question that I don't even know if I should be asking here, but heres what I (think) happened
I recently formated my 3ds and now it dosent read the games on my sd card, but the sd card is still full and I can't do much with it now. Im kinda scared of go deleting stuff and delete something important in the process, so I was wondering if there was a safe will to go though it.

I don't even know if this is what is trully happening, I would be glad if someone corrected me
None of the games were bought from the eshop btw

DarthMotzkus

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

Man you are a LIFE SAVIOR! Thank you so much, the cartinstall it's the exactly what i'm looking for. Amazing payload!! Thanks a thousand times!

Halbour

Love yourself
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
So, this is a weird question that I don't even know if I should be asking here, but heres what I (think) happened
I recently formated my 3ds and now it dosent read the games on my sd card, but the sd card is still full and I can't do much with it now. Im kinda scared of go deleting stuff and delete something important in the process, so I was wondering if there was a safe will to go though it.

I don't even know if this is what is trully happening, I would be glad if someone corrected me
None of the games were bought from the eshop btw[

None of the games were bought from the eshop btw
ok, try putting faketik on your 3ds sd card [ https://github.com/ihaveamac/faketik/releases/tag/v1.1.2 ], then tell me if that works (after trying to use that of course OwO) , and make sure your hacks are up-to-date.

try https://github.com/ihaveamac/faketik/releases/tag/v1.1.2 .

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

I don't even know if this is what is trully happening,
The first question is, why exactly did you format your 3DS!?

The second question is, why exactly did you think you would be able to keep reading everything on your SD card!? What did you think formatting would do?

A System Format changes the 3DS encryption key. Normally this would make everything on the SD card hopelessly unreadable. Fortunately, you can use "Finding and restoring the KeyY" in https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-godmode9-scripts-megathread.482150/page-9#post-8550543 to change the encryption key back.

ETA: If you don't care about anything on your SD card anymore, then just back it up, format it, and follow https://3ds.hacks.guide/restoring-cfw.html . There is nothing important that needs to be saved unless you want to save it.

Last edited by Kwyjor,
Reactions: KleinesSinchen

Galvanize

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
I've dumped my physical 3DS games and decided to install them on my SD card to have all of them easily accessible without swapping cartridges, however how do I go about copying the save from the cartridge to the installed game, for games that save in the cart itself.
I've already copied the .sav files using gm9 but no idea how to use them.

DarthMotzkus

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I've dumped my physical 3DS games and decided to install them on my SD card to have all of them easily accessible without swapping cartridges, however how do I go about copying the save from the cartridge to the installed game, for games that save in the cart itself.
I've already copied the .sav files using gm9 but no idea how to use them.
Use "Checkpoint" to backup the saves from your carts, them, use it again to restore the saves into the digital title already installed on your console.

humble428

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

The second question is, why exactly did you think you would be able to keep reading everything on your SD card!? What did you think formatting would do?

A System Format changes the 3DS encryption key. Normally this would make everything on the SD card hopelessly unreadable. Fortunately, you can use "Finding and restoring the KeyY" in https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-godmode9-scripts-megathread.482150/page-9#post-8550543 to change the encryption key back.

I bought the 3ds second handed and want to start fresh with only my stuff
The second was really just me being stupid, I really don't know a lot about things like this

ETA: If you don't care about anything on your SD card anymore, then just back it up, format it, and follow https://3ds.hacks.guide/restoring-cfw.html . There is nothing important that needs to be saved unless you want to save it.

First of all thank you very much it worked and Im so relived

I bought the 3ds second handed and want to start fresh with only my stuff
And it really was only I being stupid, I don`t know a lot about those things

Seriously thank you so much! This was giving me a headache and Im so relived now

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @mthrnite, Cheetah Girls, the sequel to Action 52's Cheetah Men.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pokemon Black I played that one a lot
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly never messed with Pokémon on ds much
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I played pokemon once, was bored, never tried again
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
    Veho @ Veho: +1