• Replies 53,787
  • Likes 43

tajuan

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey :) id like to ask two things:
1. Is tutorial from 3ds hacks guide relevant and correct in 2021 (including a newest 11.14 firmware)?
2. Is there a proper way for unbricking old 3DS in 2021?

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey :) id like to ask two things:
1. Is tutorial from 3ds hacks guide relevant and correct in 2021 (including a newest 11.14 firmware)?
2. Is there a proper way for unbricking old 3DS in 2021?
  1. Simply: Yes. The guide is constantly updated.
  2. Virtually any software caused brick can be repaired with ntrboot. But following the guide to the letter won't brick your console (I know of zero bricks). Most software related problems can be repaired by CTRTransfer or CTRTransfer Type D9 or by restoring a known good NAND image (don't restore an old NAND image as your first troubleshooting action).
If you have any problems or questions you will most likely find help here on the forum.

Good luck and have fun!

Reactions: fmkid

Fireword

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
Hello recently i got a n3dsxl and im trying to export the saves of my o3ds i made with chekpoint, i tried to just copy the saves`s folder into my n3ds but the saves just dont appear
im doing something wrong or what should i do?

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello recently i got a n3dsxl and im trying to export the saves of my o3ds i made with chekpoint, i tried to just copy the saves`s folder into my n3ds but the saves just dont appear
im doing something wrong or what should i do?
You need to create a save file by playing the game long enough on the n3ds. once thats done and the game has made its save file, you will then be able to select that save to overwrite with the one you have.

Reactions: Fireword

comokepa

Trophies
XP
Country
You need to create a save file by playing the game long enough on the n3ds. once thats done and the game has made its save file, you will then be able to select that save to overwrite with the one you have.

I am not the one who asked the question you replied to, but am in a similar situation: I want to migrate Face Raiders’ data to another console, yet despite having played it extensively, Checkpoint does not list it even after having edited its config.json so that it displays saves from system apps too (and it indeed does, except for at least Face Raiders’). Neither does JKSM.

Is there an alternative way to migrate save data?

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I am not the one who asked the question you replied to, but am in a similar situation: I want to migrate Face Raiders’ data to another console, yet despite having played it extensively, Checkpoint does not list it even after having edited its config.json so that it displays saves from system apps too (and it indeed does, except for at least Face Raiders’). Neither does JKSM.

Is there an alternative way to migrate save data?
** I dont know why face raiders is not showing. Both JKSM and checkpoint dont show the savefile for me.

Last edited by lone_wolf323,

cesarewastaken

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hello first of all I apollogize if this is the wrong place to post this but I wasnt sure where to post it.
I just dowloaded twilight menu ++ on my new3ds, after pressing realese on TWL Menu++ and nds-bootstrap and closing the application the other twilight menu++ app (the app where you use to play ds games ) that is supposed to appear doesnt show.
Any ideas what I did wrong or how to fix it?

Shiesty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi I have a question about the 3ds home screen and icons. Is there any way to display the icons larger? Every game icon has a border around it that takes up so much room on the home screen. Is there any way to display these images on the homescreen larger? or even as a list of just names? The GBA VC injects are impossible to distinguish what they are on the homescreen. I know I can change the icon photo but I just want the icons themselves to be bigger or more readable. Thanks

ITRASHBOATI

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello. I just got a n3ds xl. I installed cfw on it. I successfully copied all my game titles and save data (with the exception of dsi bc I’m too exhausted to get to that yet) and have all my data including themes. Idk how I didn’t think of this until now, but I can only sign into NNID on one 3ds. What is the best course of action for me to take? Should I put all my wasted time copying the data over and just clone my whole console? (I was hoping to not have to do that) If so, does cloning even work on 2 different types of 3DS’s? Or is there a way to unlink my account on my old 3ds without formatting it?

Here’s the one I’m honestly thinking of doing: Should I just make a new account? 3DS doesn’t have paid online, cloud saves, etc. I wouldn’t lose anything just using 2 different accounts on the consoles right? If it’s not recommended that I make a new account lmk what I should do plz! Thanks to whoever replies in advance! (Sorry for the essay)

(Edit: I forgot I don’t even need a NNID to play online.)

Last edited by ITRASHBOATI,

asbestosGaming

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Anybody use one of these before? They say it's already flashed with B9S, How can I make sure it's up to date? I have a 3DS, bricked with no NAND backup, and a stock one of the same model, different region. I'm only going to put cfw on the stock one if I have too, so the question is can I use that card exclusively? Thanks alot! (´▽)

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Anybody use one of these before? They say it's already flashed with B9S, How can I make sure it's up to date? I have a 3DS, bricked with no NAND backup, and a stock one of the same model, different region. I'm only going to put cfw on the stock one if I have too, so the question is can I use that card exclusively? Thanks alot! (´▽)
That card is only DS rom able if youre hopeing to get 3ds games to run. 3ds game you will need cfw for.

asbestosGaming

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That card is only DS rom able if youre hopeing to get 3ds games to run. 3ds game you will need cfw for.

My bad I forgot to mention I want to use ntrboot to recover the bricked 3DS. Can I use the card exclusively to revive my bricked system? Or would I need to hack the stock one to flash the cart? Apologies for the vagueness there.

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My bad I forgot to mention I want to use ntrboot to recover the bricked 3DS. Can I use the card exclusively to revive my bricked system? Or would I need to hack the stock one to flash the cart? Apologies for the vagueness there.
Ahhhhh. Yes, that one does have b9s installer flashed to it already. You dont need to worry about that with that card.

MeowTheMouse

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Hello,
I've updated my luma, updated my emunand, everything works perfectly. I've migrated everything from my 64 SD to my 200, and emunand is refusing to load (even though it's working on sysnand). I've formatted the card to fat32 32k, I've copied and pasted everything onto it, I've tried cloning, nothing seems to work.

When I open gm9, the emunand stuff doesn't show up on the 200 gb, but they show on the 64. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Edit: Got it solved by using win32diskimager

Last edited by MeowTheMouse,

noinspiration

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all,

I'm having a problem with New Super Ultimate Injector. The short version is that I go through the steps, click on Export CIA, and I get no response. There's no error, but no cia is created. I looked in the folder containing the program, and it looks like all the temporary files have been created, but it doesn't output any finished file. I looked around for info on this problem and wasn't able to find much of anything, so I'm hoping someone here can shed some light.

Thanks!

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone had success getting Fire Emblem Warriors on a cartridge working on a JP N3dsLL with CFW? I've tried two different methods for enabling Luma's locale changer with no luck.
  • Game Patching is enabled in Rosalina's boot menu
  • a locale.txt containing USA EN is loaded in luma\titles\000400000F70CC00
  • a 000400000F70CC00.txt containing USA EN is loaded in luma\locales
  • My SD card is healthy and several other games work with these adjustments, I've been enjoying Bravely Default and Majora's Mask.
I'm receiving this error code:
Error type: card removed
The card was removed.
-------------------------------------
Error type: generic
Process ID: 63
Process name: Troop
Process title ID: 0x000400000f70cc00
Address: 0x0019ba8c
Error code: 0xc8804471

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

EDIT: Okay. I've successfully changed the region to USA so the entire menu is in English now. This game is still giving me this error.....

Last edited by iHaveNoideaWhatimDoing,

Mythrandir

Life-long Learner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EDIT: I've straightened myself out. The console was running Menuhax. It has been successfully updated to B9S and Luma3DS.

Hello,

I have an o3DS XL that I've not looked at in a long time. It seems to be running rxTools and I think it's running an emuNAND. Under system settings, the firmware version is RX-E 10.7.0-32U. I'm not sure which exploit is currently being used. I know it's not B9S and I don't think it's A9LH. When booting, the bottom screen flashes through different colors before a boot menu appears. I'd like to update the current setup to the latest Luma3DS, though I'm not sure what my current setup is so I may follow the appropriate guide. Any advice and guidance is appreciated.

Thank you,

Last edited by Mythrandir,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Her boob is the cause of all this current shit :angry: