• Views 4,471,901
  • Replies 53,776
  • Likes 43

JamJam501

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I'm a little confused by all the different options for R4 cards. I already have CFW installed on my N3DS. All I want to do is use a flashcard to play DS games. Can I use a cheap one like the R4 SDHC Dual-Core 2019? I see the R4i Gold 3DS plus tends to get recommended most often and I'm just curious why.

Zap2000

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Im using lastest luma3ds on a eur n3ds.

I wanna know if I get USA rf CIA file will they work and update on my eshop?

Or do only eur CIA files update on the eshop for me?

NFates

Wants to understand™
Trophies
XP
Country
Dominican Republic
Im using lastest luma3ds on a eur n3ds.

I wanna know if I get USA rf CIA file will they work and update on my eshop?

Or do only eur CIA files update on the eshop for me?
USA .cia won't update with eShop as the game's region doesn't match the update's. You'll have to get the update from somewhere else.

Reactions: Zap2000

addman999

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys,

Hoping there is just a simple solution to my problem that I am just missing! Did a a lot of googling without much luck.

Does anyone know how to enable to local wireless on a 3DS/2DS when playing a DS game on a flashcart?

Specifically I have a 3DS with an R4i SDHC Dual Core and a 2DS with a Ace3DS (Well technically its a R4i SDHC Dual Core but its the Canada url which I am pretty sure is DSST clone of an Ace3DS) and I'm playing the same old DS game on both and am trying to get the to interact of a local network. But it just does not seem to be enable.

The game is Pokemon Platinum and when we go into the union room, both the 3DS and 2DS show no bars on the local wireless icon.

Can anyone help?

Thanks!

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone on the Temp or maybe someone knows a place I can send my N2DS XL to have the battery replaced? It's pretty much dead and doesn't hold a charge very long. I'd to it myself, but Nintendo royally screwed the pooch and made it so replacing it a royal PITA. Thanks :P

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
  1. GodMode9 → (HOME) button → More... → System info.
    • Top screen, lines 0003 and 0004 to check for realsies it's Australia[n].
  2. [1:] SYSNAND CTRNAND/title → hold (R)-shoulder and press (A) on 00040010 Search for titles<A> to continue.
    • 00040010???????? Nintendo 3DS Camera (CTR-N-HE...(?).tmd
Thanks!
Sorry for the delay!!!

It's CTR-N-HEPP

8F9E42DA-9E88-432B-B439-A8C5C0610B82.jpeg FF02DFF0-51C1-4E34-BB24-64855D4ED0B3.jpeg D56C7C2B-A59A-4A9E-A758-14FB7BE76581.jpeg

Reactions: TurdPooCharger
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for the delay!!!
Thank you so much for taking the time and trouble of doing this! I really appreciate it as I was worried fellow 3DS/2DS Aussies whoever might ever have to use what's in store getting the short end. It's surprising to see that AUS is in fact really a distinct 3DS region despite sharing the same camera title id as EUR. I'm currently in the midst of doing the write-up, and the words are all coming out mushy. Rough draft is garbage-y. The mystery project is complete, although minor adjustments could be needed later. There were several delays due to unaccounted technical difficulties, but they're all solved now. Heart's racing, must press forward!

D

Deleted User

Any 2/3DS system can be fully hacked - no matter what firmware version it is currently on.
Steelminer followed by Frogminer will work.

Because your account says you're from the US (assuming your N2DSXL is US version), it can also be done a little easier/faster without using Steelhax. Follow the guide
https://3ds.hacks.guide/
---
or (only use one guide!)
---
https://3ds.eiphax.tech/fredminer.html

As for your O3DSXL: Make sure you have the latest Luma version 9.1 before updating to the latest official firmware to prevent getting an infamous error message.
is there now free dsiware?

Ido36

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey Guys,

i took my old 3ds device out of the closet and installed the first time cfw. The instructions are from 3ds-hack-guide (seedminer, Homebrew(Steelhax), b9s(Frogtool). Everything was perfect, my backups / ROMs worked properly, until my sisters took the SD card and deleted everything. I have tried different solutions to the problem, the biggest problem is that I may have changed too many settings.

The last thing I tried was checking the SD card (32 kb cluster, H2testw).
Cfw Starter Kit 20.02.2019, selected Show NAND or User String in System Settings and Final Setup.
This solution has problems installing some of my old backups / ROMs.

I am grateful for any hint or help.

Last edited by Ido36,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Hey Guys,

i took my old 3ds device out of the closet and installed the first time cfw. The instructions are from 3ds-hack-guide (seedminer, Homebrew(Steelhax), b9s(Frogtool). Everything was perfect, my backups / ROMs worked properly, until my sisters took the SD card and deleted everything. I have tried different solutions to the problem, the biggest problem is that I may have changed too many settings.

The last thing I tried was checking the SD card (32 kb cluster, H2testw).
Cfw Starter Kit 20.02.2019, selected Show NAND or User String in System Settings and Final Setup.
This solution has problems installing some of my old backups / ROMs.

I am grateful for any hint or help.
What actual problem are you facing?

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hello.:)

Now its time to get an 3DS XL.When all goes right with delivery it arrives tomorrow.

From what i´ve read here for playing backups:

- best but most expensive solution is an Sky3DS+ Flashcard
- for experimental and non noob user friendly is the Gateway 3DS
- MT card depends on 3DS firmware (at the moment i don´t now)
- the cheapest solution (if i don´t brick my 3DS) is custom Firmware

I´ve read through and honestly i´m confused and a little overchallenged at the moment:

- I want to install Luma 3DS.Is it right to start from here -> https://3ds.hacks.guide/ ?
- If yes,what starting solution is for an unexperienced 3DS user better ?
ntrboot with my R4 clone ?
seedminer ? If the FW from the 3DS is 11.9.0....
if lower FW i have to install boot9strap but the instruction table says its a hardmod with soldering skill ?

I need your appreciated opinions and your help please.

I don´t need an detailed step by step manual.
What i would need please is an ORDER with what have i to start.
Modding an Wii/DSi is quite easier than this and I don´t want to "destroy" my first 3DS.:O

Thank you for having patience with an DSi/Wii user who is on the way to enter an undiscovered 3DS country (for me).:bow:

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
- best but most expensive solution is an Sky3DS+ Flashcard
- for experimental and non noob user friendly is the Gateway 3DS
- MT card depends on 3DS firmware (at the moment i don´t now)
- the cheapest solution (if i don´t brick my 3DS) is custom Firmware
You don't need a flashcart for the 3DS mode (and would not get much help here in the forum for it anyway).
  • Gateway is oudated and does not work with recent firmware.
    • Trying to get Gateway running is dangerous.
  • Sky3DS(+) pretends to be the legit cart of the currently loaded ROM → Many limitations.
I´ve read through and honestly i´m confused and a little overchallenged at the moment:

- I want to install Luma 3DS.Is it right to start from here -> https://3ds.hacks.guide/ ?
- If yes,what starting solution is for an unexperienced 3DS user better ?
ntrboot with my R4 clone ?
if lower FW i have to install boot9strap but the instruction table says its a hardmod with soldering skill ?
3ds.hacks.guide is the correct starting point. The goal is always the same: Install B9S and Luma. There are several ways to do this.

Pure software:
  • Most low firmware versions ≤ 11.3Soundhax (and some additional exploits)
  • 11.4 ≤ your device ≤ 11.8 → update to 11.9 (for Eshop access)
  • 11.9 → use Frogminer (free). Or Fredminer, but with European region Fredminer requires buying a DSiWare game.
Not only software: (works on all firmware versions)
  • ntrboot if you have a compatible flashcart → much faster than Frogminer.
  • hardmod →requires good soldering skills. Mostly obsolete and not recommended.
In general: 3DS hacking is considered safe. Much safer than on the DSi (as far as I know; I'm just started reading). There's virtually no brick risk involved unless you do stupid things on purpose. And even if you do stupid things on purpose to softbrick, you can recover in almost every case with ntrboot.
The guide is long when reading it for the first time -- but this is because it is a step-by-step guide -- as simplified as possible.

Nevertheless: Don't skip any steps, test your SD before starting, create a NAND-backup and store in a safe place, not only the console SD.

Reactions: Alexander1970

LowEndC

ǝɹıℲ ɥʇıM ǝɹıℲ ʇɥƃıℲ
Trophies
XP
Country
Niger
Sky3DS(+) pretends to be the legit cart of the currently loaded ROM → Many limitations.
It doesn't have 'many limitations' if its only job is to act as a physical game cart. :yay:
It's not advertised as anything else, and I wouldn't consider it a flashcard. More like an Everdrive, or multi-cart.
I'm giving you a hard time, lol, i know you were just trying to answer him in a way he could understand. :grog:

On a different note,
@TurdPooCharger knows,
I had seen something about VC injects having the vertical top screen wrap or bug here a while back.
What was needed to fix that again? i know it was something simple, was it disabling show gba boot?

I'm asking for a friend, (no, his name isn't SWIM) and as that bug never really applied to me, I never retained the knowledge.
:unsure:
Thanks guys.

Edit: If you think i didnt use the search, i did.
obviously i dont know how to work this search engine.
every thing i type, whether vague, or detailed, queries "nothing found"
can someone let me into the gbatemp free mason club and give me the ultimate knowledge?
*walks off and vents because of stupidity*

Last edited by LowEndC,

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It doesn't have 'many limitations' if its only job is to act as a physical game cart. :yay:
It's not advertised as anything else, and I wouldn't consider it a flashcard. More like an Everdrive, or multi-cart.
I'm giving you a hard time, lol, i know you were just trying to answer him in a way he could understand. :grog:
I wanted to keep it short, because the answer for alexander1970 was already long enough. But you asked for it… (this should sound a little ironic but friendly)
The Sky3DS+ is able to mimic a retail 3DS game cartridge. Nothing more, nothing less. It has only one function. A brief look on their site tells me… You are right: no false advertising.
Now let us look at this from perspective of an unsuspecting end user who has not spent hours reading about the 3DS and signature checks, but is used to flashcarts for older systems – like an Everdrive. To them it may not be immediately clear what the above statement means. For the case the 3DS console does not have CFW (which would make the Sky3DS+ unnecessary), it means:
  • No Eshop only games → which also means no Virtual Console
  • No out-of-region games
  • No homebrew apps
  • No romhacks/fan translations
  • Not even a ROM selection menu → Have a lot of fun browsing through your ROMs with two buttons.
Not talking about additional functions like RTS and cheats like R4 clones offer on the DS. Just compare the Sky3DS+ to an Everdrive for older consoles (AFAIK Everdrives also have functions like cheats, some even RTS). Everdrive does not have those problems.

I don’t have one and not getting a Sky3DS+ any time soon (too expensive), so I can’t judge if it does its job good or bad, if it is stable or crashes but one thing I can say:
At least for me, this is a whole lot of limitations.
On a different note,
@TurdPooCharger knows,
I had seen something about VC injects having the vertical top screen wrap or bug here a while back.
What was needed to fix that again? i know it was something simple, was it disabling show gba boot?

I'm asking for a friend, (no, his name isn't SWIM) and as that bug never really applied to me, I never retained the knowledge.
:unsure:
Thanks guys.
There was something with a graphical glitch with GBA Virtual Console… I can't fully recall… Sina, you're getting old!
Do not format a 64GB SD with 64KB cluster size. On 128GB+ try reformatting with both, 32KB and 64KB clusters, to see which on works better.

LowEndC

ǝɹıℲ ɥʇıM ǝɹıℲ ʇɥƃıℲ
Trophies
XP
Country
Niger
The Sky3DS+ is able to mimic a retail 3DS game cartridge. Nothing more, nothing less. It has only one function. A brief look on their site tells me… You are right: no false advertising.

Thanks for posting this info for inexperienced users to see in the future.
if you wrote this to school me, i have some bad news for you, and sorry for my horrible order and format and the length of this reply

I wanted to keep it short, because the answer for alexander1970 was already long enough. But you asked for it… (this should sound a little ironic but friendly)

i knew i should of added those last few words,...
when i said you were just trying to explain to him in a way he best understands, i meant to add "in regards to what he wants to do,"
so it would be in sync when you said limitations,
sometimes my thoughts dont always complete themselves. qᴗ‸ᴗp

At least for me, this is a whole lot of limitations.

for YOU, but again, some of those limitations you stated are false.

Sky3ds+ is for people who either do not want to modify their 3ds to play pirated games, and/or want to play out of region games, yes, keep reading.

but the sky3ds is really not useful in 2019. or years past lol. at least for people with cfw, or people who do want to install eshop games or vc etc. you are right in that sense.

Not talking about additional functions like RTS and cheats like R4 clones offer on the DS. Just compare the Sky3DS+ to an Everdrive for older consoles (AFAIK Everdrives also have functions like cheats, some even RTS). Everdrive does not have those problems.
Not even a ROM selection menu → Have a lot of fun browsing through your ROMs with two buttons.

I knew it didnt have a "cool gui" when i bought it, i watched plenty of youtube videos before i bought it, like im sure everyone else does, cough, correction, majority.

• No Eshop only games → which also means no Virtual Console
  • No out-of-region games
  • No homebrew apps
  • No romhacks/fan translations
  • Not even a ROM selection menu → Have a lot of fun browsing through your ROMs with two buttons.

mehh.. hombrew, out-of-region games, and romhacks are possible.

Sina, you're getting old!

Ich wette, Sie gewann't Sagen, dass zu meinem Gesicht kleine Kerl :bortz2:
but thanks for the fix. ;)

Last edited by LowEndC,

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hello.:)

Thanky you very much LowEndC
for another perspective and more detailed options for me.

As i wrote,it´s not the "fear" for hacking/modding a new 3DSXL.
When i look into the guide from https://3ds.hacks.guide/
i´m a little lost and overwhelmed.:(
My "experienced" Nintendo area is Wii/GBA + DS/DSi.Now i have to go an further step.

KleinesSinchen
explained it to me what i need,an ORDER WHERE and with WHAT i´ve to start.:)

But i´ve also open for Flashcart suggestions.Thank you for the detailed explainaition.:bow:
I like both options as i use it on the DSi.

Thank you BOTH very much for your great knowledge and your help.:)
It makes a good feeling to know where i have to go in the future when i need help again (if needed :D).
Thats why i am here on this great forum with great first-rate users.

Reactions: LowEndC

LowEndC

ǝɹıℲ ɥʇıM ǝɹıℲ ʇɥƃıℲ
Trophies
XP
Country
Niger
Thank you BOTH very much for your great knowledge and your help.:)
It makes a good feeling to know where i have to go in the future when i need help again (if needed :D).
Thats why i am here on this great forum with great first-rate users.

Hallo,
I was mainly correcting Kleine on the false limitations he set on the Sky3ds+
i wasnt meaning to answer your question.
but now you know what the sky3ds+ can do.
its not a flashcart, no ntr.

but where to start?
it shouldnt matter what FW it has,
im assuming its going to be an un modded system to begin with?

when you get it, update it to 11.9
then you can use your NTR card or fredminer method over at 3ds.hacks.guide to install CFW.
thats it.
dont worry about all the other methods in the chart like hardmodding or soundhax etc

again, i would just update your system to 11.9 (if it is un-hacked)
then use NTR or seedminer/fredminer.

great first-rate users.
KleinesSinchen, maybe
me?
Buahahahaha!!!! :shit:

Have a good day man!

Last edited by LowEndC,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night.