• Replies 53,774
  • Likes 43

PenWallet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
What do you mean with "games folders"? Where you put your .cia(s)?

You should check anyway just to take that off the list. Maybe your adapter or something else is malfunctioning, too.

Yea, by games folder I mean the folder where I put my cias, one I created after hacking it, nothing to do with any of the important files or anything like that.

Do you think there's any way I can reinstall everything? I can launch the Rosalina menu. Is there a way to uninstall what I had previously so I can install everything back? I don't mind losing the save data from the games, since I've been mostly playing DS games, and I can just grab the .sav file. I'm in a bit of a hurry because I want to be able to use it tomorrow, I'm going somewhere and, you know, wanna be able to use it.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yea, by games folder I mean the folder where I put my cias, one I created after hacking it, nothing to do with any of the important files or anything like that.

Do you think there's any way I can reinstall everything? I can launch the Rosalina menu. Is there a way to uninstall what I had previously so I can install everything back? I don't mind losing the save data from the games, since I've been mostly playing DS games, and I can just grab the .sav file. I'm in a bit of a hurry because I want to be able to use it tomorrow, I'm going somewhere and, you know, wanna be able to use it.

Update: If I go to Settings -> Data Management -> Nintendo 3DS -> Software, it says "The microSD card software management information is corrupted. Reset it now? This will delete all software and save data"

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Update: If I go to Settings -> Data Management -> Nintendo 3DS -> Software, it says "The microSD card software management information is corrupted. Reset it now? This will delete all software and save data"

How long you had the SD card? Recently set up unit?

PenWallet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Might have a faulty card, for the 3DS to throw the data corruption, might wanna test it with H2testw, does your PC detect it fine?

https://3ds.hacks.guide/h2testw-(windows).html

Yes, it does detect it fine. I can paste in files, and can take out files as well.
I'm running it right now, but as I said, is there a way to uninstall CIAs manually? So I can install them back. There doesn't seem to be any other problem, unless H2Testw finds anything.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, it does detect it fine. I can paste in files, and can take out files as well.
I'm running it right now, but as I said, is there a way to uninstall CIAs manually? So I can install them back. There doesn't seem to be any other problem, unless H2Testw finds anything.

Problem is either with the nand or your SD apparently, it shouldn't throw the data corruption error when you access the SD Data Management. Anything else weird going on the 3DS ?

PenWallet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Problem is either with the nand or your SD apparently, it shouldn't throw the data corruption error when you access the SD Data Management. Anything else weird going on the 3DS ?

Not really, as far as I've seen. Can't try anything else until H2Testw finishes, so yea.
I did have another issue 4 or 5 days ago, and I asked here for a solution as well. I did the same thing, paste in a couple games, then reinserted the SD Card, and it wouldn't boot. Only a black screen. I fixed it by pulling out the SD Card, turning it on, turned it off, inserted it again, and then it worked fine again.
Needless to say, of course, I've already tried that 3 or 4 times now, but it hasn't worked.

If it were a faulty SD Card, could I grab all my stuff and paste it to a new one or would I have to do anything else?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not really, as far as I've seen. Can't try anything else until H2Testw finishes, so yea.
I did have another issue 4 or 5 days ago, and I asked here for a solution as well. I did the same thing, paste in a couple games, then reinserted the SD Card, and it wouldn't boot. Only a black screen. I fixed it by pulling out the SD Card, turning it on, turned it off, inserted it again, and then it worked fine again.
Needless to say, of course, I've already tried that 3 or 4 times now, but it hasn't worked.

If it were a faulty SD Card, could I grab all my stuff and paste it to a new one or would I have to do anything else?

You can return the SD card if it faulty depending where you bought it from and buy a new SD card.

Prior to this, did you did any CTR Nand Transfer?

Last edited by Hayato213,

PenWallet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
You can return the SD card if it faulty depending where you bought it from and buy a new SD card.

No, I mean, if I wanted everything to work normally, I don't need to re-do the Seedminer guide, right? I can just copy the files from this one to the new one, or not?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, I mean, if I wanted everything to work normally, I don't need to re-do the Seedminer guide, right? I can just copy the files from this one to the new one, or not?

No you don't need to redo the whole seedminer thing, just the finalizing part of the guide again if the problem was the nand.

PenWallet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
No you don't need to redo the whole seedminer thing, just the finalizing part of the guide again if the problem was the nand.

Say the problem is the faulty SD Card. I get a new one. I just need to follow the Finalizing Part of the guide, right? And, another question, would I have to copy the "Nintendo 3DS" folder as well?

NFates

Wants to understand™
Trophies
XP
Country
Dominican Republic
Say the problem is the faulty SD Card. I get a new one. I just need to follow the Finalizing Part of the guide, right? And, another question, would I have to copy the "Nintendo 3DS" folder as well?

You'd have to format it correctly, copy and paste your contents and if your homebrew is missing, follow the finalizing setup section of the guide.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

After formatting as FAT32 , 32kb cluster and Primary partition then yea you can just drag and copy.

PenWallet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
You'd have to format it correctly, copy and paste your contents and if your homebrew is missing, follow the finalizing setup section of the guide.

But the thing is I have stuff installed already. Many games, the HB Launcher, Luma Launcher, etc. All that stuff is installed already, I just can't see the icons. Wouldn't I be reinstalling that stuff twice?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But the thing is I have stuff installed already. Many games, the HB Launcher, Luma Launcher, etc. All that stuff is installed already, I just can't see the icons. Wouldn't I be reinstalling that stuff twice?

I meant the new card if you decide to buy a new one, you need to format the new card if it is 64GB and above before you can properly use it.

PenWallet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I meant the new card if you decide to buy a new one, you need to format the new card if it is 64GB and above before you can properly use it.

But you said I'd have to copy the content from the old one to the new one. Then, I'd be copying what I have already installed to the new one, as well. If I were to install something again, I'd be installing it twice, wouldn't I?

NFates

Wants to understand™
Trophies
XP
Country
Dominican Republic
But you said I'd have to copy the content from the old one to the new one. Then, I'd be copying what I have already installed to the new one, as well. If I were to install something again, I'd be installing it twice, wouldn't I?
Delete them with FBI / System Settings then. I think it would just overwrite anyway.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Copying from one SD to another doesn't mean you have to reinstall, that how you are able to upgrade the SD card anyway, if the problem was your Nand then you have to reinstall all the games if you decide to do the CTR NAND transfer route.

PenWallet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Delete them with FBI / System Settings then. I think it would just overwrite anyway.

Copying from one SD to another doesn't mean you have to reinstall, that how you are able to upgrade the SD card anyway, if the problem was your Nand then you have to reinstall all the games if you decide to do the CTR NAND transfer route.

If the SD Card happens to be perfectly fine and no errors show up on the H2Testw -which is still running as we talk-, would I need to clean the SD Card and follow the Finalizing Setup part again? And I wouldn't need to copy the "Nintendo 3DS" folder back, right?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the SD Card happens to be perfectly fine and no errors show up on the H2Testw -which is still running as we talk-, would I need to clean the SD Card and follow the Finalizing Setup part again? And I wouldn't need to copy the "Nintendo 3DS" folder back, right?

Well you have two options for the H2testw, either running it with write+verify that would delete your data, or using verify only to check the card.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Taylor Swift death metal AI cover please lol