• Replies 53,775
  • Likes 43

OtakuLink

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Ive seen some with this. From what I see, we have to wait until NTR gets updated for it to work again.
dammit, and just when I'm using it to record for my YouTube Channel, it's been really useful, I've gained more subs and views, ugh I guess I'll have to wait

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Ive seen some with this. From what I see, we have to wait until NTR gets updated for it to work again.
wait, I found a solution, NTR is working now after I followed this -snip- (reddit post about 11.8)

Last edited by Quantumcat, , Reason: Removed link containing link to copyright material

RunnersDialZero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got a SuperCard DSTwo and am on 11.7.0-40U on a New 3DSXL.

I want to play SNES, DS, and GBA games but I'm afraid of hacking my 3DS.

I know the DSTwo isn't taking advantage of the power of the N3DS. Is there a card with better emulation for SNES/GBA games? Or should I just bite the bullet and hack my 3DS? It all sounds really complicated. I did it once in 2015 with Ironhax I think. But I have long since updated it. What's my best option?

Last edited by RunnersDialZero,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I've got a SuperCard DSTwo and am on 11.7.0-40U on a New 3DSXL.

I want to play SNES, DS, and GBA games but I'm afraid of hacking my 3DS.

I know the DSTwo isn't taking advantage of the power of the N3DS. Is there a card with better emulation for SNES/GBA games? Or should I just bite the bullet and hack my 3DS? It all sounds really complicated. I did it once in 2015 with Ironhax I think. But I have long since updated it. What's my best option?
It is pretty easy to hack - you can use seedminer (will cost about $2) or ntrboot (you'll need to buy another DS flashcart as the DSTwo isn't compatible). But if all you want to do is play DS, SNES and GBA, and not any 3DS games, you can just stick with the DSTwo.

Reactions: NFates

Eeveekid

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
This is probably a really stupid question

Butt can i reflash my "r4 sdhc gold pro 2018" after its been already flashed and restored?

MadenameXD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can make a NAND backup of your old 3DS before the transfer, and a backup of the SD card contents. All you need to do is restore the backups after the transfer, and the old 3DS will be exactly the same as before minus the NNID if any.
Was I supposed to have made an EmuNAND backup? Ugh, I did a SysNAND one and restored it but it most definitely did not work to get my O3DS to how it was. Am I just stuck like this now? It's really frustrating to lose everything I had on it. I guess I just assumed SysNAND since all the guides that have you do backups have you back up the SysNAND :\

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Was I supposed to have made an EmuNAND backup? Ugh, I did a SysNAND one and restored it but it most definitely did not work to get my O3DS to how it was. Am I just stuck like this now? It's really frustrating to lose everything I had on it. I guess I just assumed SysNAND since all the guides that have you do backups have you back up the SysNAND :\
If you use an emuNAND, then yes. The guide tells people to use a sysNAND only setup so is going to assume that's what people have. If you boot into your emuNAND though your stuff will probably still be there - give it a try.

MadenameXD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you use an emuNAND, then yes. The guide tells people to use a sysNAND only setup so is going to assume that's what people have. If you boot into your emuNAND though your stuff will probably still be there - give it a try.
I've never knowingly used EmuNAND. All I ever really did was use the 3ds.hacks.guide to set up my 3DS, and I'd been running Arm9 until just a few days ago when I updated my O3DS to Boot9strap so I could get stuff working to transfer to my N2DSXL. I tried changing Luma to autoboot into EmuNAND but that yields no different results.

EDIT: Not sure if because of EmuNAND or not but I realized I do still have my 3 legit DSiWare games on my O3DS, but none of my other legit games.

Last edited by MadenameXD,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I've never knowingly used EmuNAND. All I ever really did was use the 3ds.hacks.guide to set up my 3DS, and I'd been running Arm9 until just a few days ago when I updated my O3DS to Boot9strap so I could get stuff working to transfer to my N2DSXL. I tried changing Luma to autoboot into EmuNAND but that yields no different results.
Did you copy back the contents of the SD card after restoring the pre-transfer NAND backup?

MadenameXD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you copy back the contents of the SD card after restoring the pre-transfer NAND backup?
Yes. I copied the entirety of my SD card to my PC before doing the system transfer and after backing up my SysNAND, and I restored the SysNAND last night and copied all the data back onto the SD card after doing so today.

ELok

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello everyone.

So I had my 3DS sleeping in a closet for a while and I decided to start it back.

The firmware on my 3DS is 4.2.0-9U and I was using a Gateway Card with a EmuNAND. Since a game didn't want to play, I updated the EmuNAND to the latest version and the EmuNAND isn't booting anymore.

I've done a quick search and things have changed a lot since the last time I was active here. So, what's my best course of action?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Hello everyone.

So I had my 3DS sleeping in a closet for a while and I decided to start it back.

The firmware on my 3DS is 4.2.0-9U and I was using a Gateway Card with a EmuNAND. Since a game didn't want to play, I updated the EmuNAND to the latest version and the EmuNAND isn't booting anymore.

I've done a quick search and things have changed a lot since the last time I was active here. So, what's my best course of action?
Do you have saves on Gateway roms that you care about?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Yes. I copied the entirety of my SD card to my PC before doing the system transfer and after backing up my SysNAND, and I restored the SysNAND last night and copied all the data back onto the SD card after doing so today.
Did you make the NAND backup before the transfer? I am having trouble thinking of an explanation as to why you lost stuff. How is your console behaving? Like it has just been formatted?

MadenameXD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you make the NAND backup before the transfer? I am having trouble thinking of an explanation as to why you lost stuff. How is your console behaving? Like it has just been formatted?
Yeah, I made the NAND backup before the transfer. I made the backup during "Section VIII - Backup Essential Files" in the A9LH to BS9 guide. This was all before doing the system transfer. I don't entirely remember what my system looked like fresh out of the post-transfer format, but I do have all my folders in the places they were before and I have the DSiWare games after the SysNAND restore. I don't have my theme though, and none of my 3DS titles are here (everything from illigit/FBI to legit ones I've owned since getting my O3DS).

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
A little but I won't mind scrapping everything if the alternative is better.
Ok if you don't care about your saves do this
1. Install B9S https://3ds.guide
2. When it gives you the option to Move emuNAND, do so

And you're done.

If you care about your saves it is more complex, here's the quick version:

1. Install B9S but keep the emuNAND
2. Make a backup of the emuNAND
3. Find the old 9.2 CTR transfer file from an archive of the guide and CTR transfer the emuNAND using https://3ds.guide/ctrtransfer
4. Get Gateway working again using https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-using-luma3ds-gateway-on-b9s.431691/
5. Get FBI.3DS and JKSM.cia. Boot into Gateway mode and use FBI to install JKSM
6. Follow https://gbatemp.net/threads/importing-gateway-saves-to-cia-games.425743/ to export your saves
7. Follow the Move emuNAND section to move the backup you made in step 2 to your sysNAND
8. Install your games using freeShop or converting the 3ds files to cia and installing with FBI
8. Finish following the guide in step 6 to import your save games

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Yeah, I made the NAND backup before the transfer. I made the backup during "Section VIII - Backup Essential Files" in the A9LH to BS9 guide. This was all before doing the system transfer. I don't entirely remember what my system looked like fresh out of the post-transfer format, but I do have all my folders in the places they were before and I have the DSiWare games after the SysNAND restore. I don't have my theme though, and none of my 3DS titles are here (everything from illigit/FBI to legit ones I've owned since getting my O3DS).
That sounds like you didn't restore your SD card back after doing the NAND restore. What do you see in System Settings -> Data Management -> 3DS software? Are your games there?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay