Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
i recently traded a Wii i modded for a Electric Blue 2DS with the built in Mario Kart 7, is https://3ds.hacks.guide still be the best guide to mod the 2DS? the electric blue 2DS is to be considered Old 2DS as per the diagram i take it? Any pointers before i start?
If it is a non folding 2DS, yes that is a 2DS. And yep that's the right guide.

MadenameXD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so I'm looking into things and am quite disappointed to see that my DSTwo won't work for the ntrboot. I just went out to purchase the new Hylian Shield N2DSXL from GameStop today (since I doubt they'll be around long enough to get a sale T_T ) and am looking to get CFW on it. I have an O3DSXL still running A9LH, but no compatible flashcart. I DO, however, own multiple legit DSiWare titles on my O3DS that are compatible with the 11.7 method, but am a bit unsure on transferring them. Is there somehow a way that I could back up my O3DS so I can transfer the legit parts over to my N2DSXL and then restore everything afterward?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Okay so I'm looking into things and am quite disappointed to see that my DSTwo won't work for the ntrboot. I just went out to purchase the new Hylian Shield N2DSXL from GameStop today (since I doubt they'll be around long enough to get a sale T_T ) and am looking to get CFW on it. I have an O3DSXL still running A9LH, but no compatible flashcart. I DO, however, own multiple legit DSiWare titles on my O3DS that are compatible with the 11.7 method, but am a bit unsure on transferring them. Is there somehow a way that I could back up my O3DS so I can transfer the legit parts over to my N2DSXL and then restore everything afterward?
You can make a NAND backup of your old 3DS before the transfer, and a backup of the SD card contents. All you need to do is restore the backups after the transfer, and the old 3DS will be exactly the same as before minus the NNID if any.

MadenameXD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can make a NAND backup of your old 3DS before the transfer, and a backup of the SD card contents. All you need to do is restore the backups after the transfer, and the old 3DS will be exactly the same as before minus the NNID if any.
Thanks!!! I'm assuming for the NAND backup I use the GodMode9 guide on the 3ds hacks guide?

jpatty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If it is a non folding 2DS, yes that is a 2DS. And yep that's the right guide.
So turns out my 2DS is at vet 11.6.0 so looks like I will need a R4 chip. 9B939D84-0A81-4532-9736-29B7E8CEB550.jpeg I have this older one I bought years agofor the DS laying around. I think I see it on the reference picture but can’t figure out the exact name since lots are so similar. Anyone know if this is okay for my 2DS?

Attachments

• 3D29A506-B708-4C75-9F9F-EF1CE2EEB7AF.jpeg
    3D29A506-B708-4C75-9F9F-EF1CE2EEB7AF.jpeg
    917.5 KB · Views: 153

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
So turns out my 2DS is at vet 11.6.0 so looks like I will need a R4 chip.View attachment 137369 I have this older one I bought years agofor the DS laying around. I think I see it on the reference picture but can’t figure out the exact name since lots are so similar. Anyone know if this is okay for my 2DS?
Try it and see if it works.

boajuse

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bolivia
Error on Launching SafeB9SInstaller step.
I'm going through 3ds.hacks.guide. At point to run play “<3 nedwill 2016” at Nintendo sound app - screen flashes red then last line "SrvInit()" and then error occurs with restart system at "ok" button. My fw is 4.5.0-10E. SD card 2Gb.
What to do?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Error on Launching SafeB9SInstaller step.
I'm going through 3ds.hacks.guide. At point to run play “<3 nedwill 2016” at Nintendo sound app - screen flashes red then last line "SrvInit()" and then error occurs with restart system at "ok" button. My fw is 4.5.0-10E. SD card 2Gb.
What to do?
Are you following the extra instructions for low firmwares - using pre9 too?

If it doesn't work you can also try https://3ds.hacks.guide/installing-boot9strap-(browser)

Last edited by Quantumcat,

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

MadenameXD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so I performed a SysNAND backup while upgrading to boot9loader and copied the entirety of my SD card to a folder on my PC. Is there anything special I need to do before doing a system transfer since I'm transferring from my modded O3DS to my stock New 2DS XL? I suppose I should update my New 2DS XL to the latest version (assuming it's still in the 11.7 range) before doing the transfer then proceed with the DSiWare exploits for hacking it?

Also, I heard something about the System Transfer essentially resetting the console you're transferring from. Will I need to re-hack it or will boot9strap or something still be on there so I don't need to re-do everything to restore the SysNAND backup I made?

Deleted member 383179

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Is it possible for the ARM9 processor to be running a DS game and the ARM11 processor to run some sort of screen-capture program in the background, or is it impossible to have both processors in use at once?

NFates

Wants to understand™
Trophies
XP
Country
Dominican Republic
Okay so I performed a SysNAND backup while upgrading to boot9loader and copied the entirety of my SD card to a folder on my PC. Is there anything special I need to do before doing a system transfer since I'm transferring from my modded O3DS to my stock New 2DS XL? I suppose I should update my New 2DS XL to the latest version (assuming it's still in the 11.7 range) before doing the transfer then proceed with the DSiWare exploits for hacking it?

Also, I heard something about the System Transfer essentially resetting the console you're transferring from. Will I need to re-hack it or will boot9strap or something still be on there so I don't need to re-do everything to restore the SysNAND backup I made?

You have to update the console to do a system transfer, and no, boot9strap will still be on your Old 3DS after the transfer. You're fine with the NAND and SD backups.

Reactions: MadenameXD

baryburton

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello everyone.I have a old 3ds that I didnt touch years and today ı dediced to hack it possible.I just searched -3ds hacks guide- but ım confused.Many options there.I dont want to pay for flashcard if possible.Im not pro but ı hacked my wii u myself with guides(haxchi) so if its possible ı can handle with 3ds too.
ı saw --boot9strap-- method seems fine for my version.Can ı hack with this method without any card or buy any game ? And will ı be able to play all games includes new released ones ?
Or is there any suggestion for example upadATE a new version and hack after this or maybe flashcards are best and just buy one ?
Thank you already to all

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work