Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Is it safe to copy and overwrite a system title from sysNAND to emuNAND with GodMode9?
To emuNAND, yes. Make a backup of it first if it contains data you care about.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Problem: When trying to launch the homebrew launcher from the download and play app through Rosalina I get an error: prefetch abort (svcBreak), current process: loader (0000000000000) Processor:ARM11 (core1)

Total Noob here. I followed the guide at 3ds.hacks.guide and put custom firmware on my 2DS running 11.6.039U. I had everything up and running, was able to inject custom GBA VC games and was playing games. I took the SD card out to put more games on it and it got corrupted somehow. The system still boots and I can play from the cartridge just fine. When I boot holding start I still have Godmode 9 v1.6.1, and when holding select I have luma v9.0. I tried putting all the files listed on the finishing setup step back on my SD card but I can't launch the homebrew launcher through Rosalina, so I can't launch FBI so I am missing out on the sweet sweet GBA VC injections. I have confirmed that hblauncher_loader.cia is at /cias/ on the console's SD card. I have spent the last several hours looking for a solution to this issue but I can't seem to find one. Once I get a stable SD card I will image it for sure this time. Any ideas?
You're probably missing boot.3dsx

Does CTRTransfer keep my user information? (name, friend code, birthday, Wi-Fi settings...)
If not, how can I backup and restore my user info?
I don't understand well about ctrtransfer. But maybe I have to do this.
Because my emunand has been broken and unbootable.

New 3DS XL : 11.6.0-39j
B9S 1.3
Luma3DS 9.0
I think so, but there's no risk to try it. Make a backup of your emuNAND, then do a CTR transfer to it. If anything happens that you don't like you can restore the old emuNAND to have things back as they were.

Yea the magnet usage is pretty vague as well... So since I've been doing this two ways let me answer both ways.

Option 1:
-Game deck on
-Use magnet to sleep
-Press buttons
-wait
-release, leaving magnet there
-nothing happens

Option 2:
-Game deck on
-Use magnet to sleep
-Press buttons
-wait
-release, taking away the magnet
-the system comes back as if from a normal sleep

Option 3:
-Game deck off
-Place magnet to sleep
-Press buttons *tapping power only*
-wait
-release, leaving magnet there
-lights come on the screen stays black
-remove magnet deck is normal boot

Option 4:
-Game deck off
-Place magnet to sleep
-Press buttons *tapping power only*
-wait to count of 9
-release, taking the magnet
-passes out from success

Thanks. Instructions were way too vague.
When you say "deck" do you mean console?

Option 1 and 2 are wrong. Console must be off.
Option 3 shows that either you're pressing the buttons wrong, or the card is not flashed.
For option 4, what does "passing out from success" mean? If the console turns itself off, ntrboot was successful but you are missing boot.firm from the root of your console's SD card. Make sure you're putting the files on the console's SD card not the flashcart, the flashcart does not need any SD card in it.

Editagain

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Question: is a firmware update required for some games / and if I do update, will I able to go back to the old firmware, if needed?

Hi!

I’ve bought a second hand New 3DS XL. System firmware is 9.4. Following the 3DS Hacks Guide it runs CFW now.

Cia games and homebrew software install perfectly. Some games work, but not all of them. For example Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions and Shovel Knight don’t start, they’re stuck at the loading screen (top display black with the moving 3DS logo, bottom display says [Nintendo]). My only option is to turn the system off.

1. Is it because of my 9.4 firmware? I.e. should I update the system to play these games? I expect it to go to 11.6 if I update now.

2. If I do update, and decide later on that I want to go back to 9.4, is it enough to [restore Sysnand] in Godmode9? I have an [Essential backup] made with Godmode9, just like the guide said. If I restore my backup Sysnand, will the firmware change back to 9.2?

3. Are there any other advantages or disadvantages to update from 9.2 to 11.6?

Thanks in advance!

Fervieira

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
do not!
first install boot9strap , then update it. the guide will tell you when it's safe to update

Thanks for the quick reply!

Everything worked great. I updated to latest version.
But in "Finalizing Setup" - Section III the part "
  1. Launch the Download Play application
  2. Press (L) + (Down) + (Select) at the same time to open the Rosalina menu
  3. Select “Miscellaneous options”
  4. Select “Switch the hb. title to the current app.”
"
It shows the following msg:"Operation failed (no suitable process found)."

What went wrong?

Cristagally

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello guys,

I was browsing Youtubve when I found this:
Is it real? My spider-sense tell me not to believe in Santa Claus anymore, but to be honest, if it was working, it would be much more easy than Seedminer or even installing NTRBoot and all this stuff... What do you think guys? If there's a code for eshop games, it means that there's something logical behind it, like our debit card pin code, generated randomly BUT because of the 16 digits... Long time I haven't worked on cryptography to be honest, would love to have your point of view. :)

MrJason005

√2
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Thanks for the quick reply!

Everything worked great. I updated to latest version.
But in "Finalizing Setup" - Section III the part "
  1. Launch the Download Play application
  2. Press (L) + (Down) + (Select) at the same time to open the Rosalina menu
  3. Select “Miscellaneous options”
  4. Select “Switch the hb. title to the current app.”
"
It shows the following msg:"Operation failed (no suitable process found)."

What went wrong?
Did you actually open 3DS Download Play? Did you let it open fully?
Hello guys,

I was browsing Youtubve when I found this:
Is it real? My spider-sense tell me not to believe in Santa Claus anymore, but to be honest, if it was working, it would be much more easy than Seedminer or even installing NTRBoot and all this stuff... What do you think guys? If there's a code for eshop games, it means that there's something logical behind it, like our debit card pin code, generated randomly BUT because of the 16 digits... Long time I haven't worked on cryptography to be honest, would love to have your point of view. :)

this is a fake and i can spot it from miles away

Reactions: Quantumcat

Subz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have a 3ds that I installed CFW on a long time ago but I have no idea of the method I used, I do have a nand.bin file I kept on a spare USB drive with a modified date of December 2016 if that helps.

I recently tried to install a game for my daughter but when I put the SD card into my PC I was greeted with a corrupt SD card message, I have now bought a new SD card and I am trying to boot the 3ds but the blue power light flashes once and it dies.

I have tried placing boot.firm from Luma7.1 and arm9loaderhax.bin from older versions on the root of the SD card and neither allow me to boot.

I have an old style 3DS XL.

Thanks in advance for the help!

MrJason005

√2
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hi all,

I have a 3ds that I installed CFW on a long time ago but I have no idea of the method I used, I do have a nand.bin file I kept on a spare USB drive with a modified date of December 2016 if that helps.

I recently tried to install a game for my daughter but when I put the SD card into my PC I was greeted with a corrupt SD card message, I have now bought a new SD card and I am trying to boot the 3ds but the blue power light flashes once and it dies.

I have tried placing boot.firm from Luma7.1 and arm9loaderhax.bin from older versions on the root of the SD card and neither allow me to boot.

I have an old style 3DS XL.

Thanks in advance for the help!
you bought a new sd card you say
did you format this new sd card as fat32?

keijitatzuya

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
I am having a small problem with my 2dsxl the game titles that i have installed don't appear on the home menu but they appear on the software, any way i can fix this, the system doesn't let me install apps on home menu because of this also, kind of stressed because of this, the games were there before the b9s hack, and i deleted one game and thay all disappeared from home menu... Can someone please help?

RozeMoon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

When you say "deck" do you mean console?

Option 1 and 2 are wrong. The console must be off.
Option 3 shows that either you're pressing the buttons wrong, or the card is not flashed.
For option 4, what does "passing out from success" mean? If the console turns itself off, ntrboot was successful but you are missing boot.firm from the root of your console's SD card. Make sure you're putting the files on the console's SD card not the flashcart, the flashcart does not need any SD card in it.

Yes, I'm old school, I still call my n3DS a game boy and refer to it as my deck. That being said I've been able to get it completely taken care of. Only two things still remain.
1. If I've installed Ultra Sun via a cia, now it says it needs to update. Will allowing it to update work or will there be issues?
2. Now that the R4 card has fulfilled its ntr job, I want to flip the switch and use it to house other roms and emus, can that be done? If so, how?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Yes, I'm old school, I still call my n3DS a game boy and refer to it as my deck. That being said I've been able to get it completely taken care of. Only two things still remain.
1. If I've installed Ultra Sun via a cia, now it says it needs to update. Will allowing it to update work or will there be issues?
2. Now that the R4 card has fulfilled its ntr job, I want to flip the switch and use it to house other roms and emus, can that be done? If so, how?
1. You can update through the eShop or through freeShop (required if out of region)
2. Yes, that's why it has a switch. You just need the kernel files for it.

I am having a small problem with my 2dsxl the game titles that i have installed don't appear on the home menu but they appear on the software, any way i can fix this, the system doesn't let me install apps on home menu because of this also, kind of stressed because of this, the games were there before the b9s hack, and i deleted one game and thay all disappeared from home menu... Can someone please help?
Do they appear in settings with little Xs on them and greyed out? If so you just need the tickets, try running tikShop. You can find a QR code on a reddit page (google).

RickyEarl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm on the latest Luma (9.0) and Freeshop 4.1.2. Freeshop keeps crashing on me. If I hit start to exit Freeshop I get a wall of error text and have to hold the power button to shut down. While in Freeshop, after I scroll through the upper games screen for a screen or two it freezes and i have to do the same thing.

I can live with it but if it's fixable, how do I fix this?

Thanks!

keijitatzuya

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
I'm on the latest Luma (9.0) and Freeshop 4.1.2. Freeshop keeps crashing on me. If I hit start to exit Freeshop I get a wall of error text and have to hold the power button to shut down. While in Freeshop, after I scroll through the upper games screen for a screen or two it freezes and i have to do the same thing.

I can live with it but if it's fixable, how do I fix this?

Thanks!

Don't press start... press home button and then X, and then A to close app normally that happens to me a lot too.

RozeMoon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright so everything is set up on the system, I have everything installed but now I'm having another issue and I'm sure this is one of those "hey stupid" things but here we go.

-n3DS 11.6.0-39U home brewed successfully via http://www.r4ids.cn/r4ids-e.htm and everyone that helped from here.
-ejected R4 card
-flipped switch
-went back to https://www.r4ids.cn to see if I could find anything on using the r4 card now... nothing
-checked here you guys said "flip switch get kernel" found kernel download from r4ids.cn
-clicked link and went to https://filetrip.net/dl?1MMmKH3zio
upload_2018-4-6_14-59-2.png

-looked for older or different site
-found http://www.r4i-sdhc.com/downloade.asp
-downloaded
-extracted to root
-put game in
-put sd in r4 to attempt
-turned on system
-launched r4
-screen went black
-screen flashed white
-the screen went back to black
-pressed home, the option came up to take me to the home screen.

I know I'm missing something, I'm sure it's simple but I don't have a clue. Any advice?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Have you jail broke your ps4 yet?