• Replies 53,775
  • Likes 43

Steve3327

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What do I have to do to get Homebrew and freeshop on my new 3ds xl? 11.6 no source 3ds and no flash cart. This seems much harder to do than on my 5.5.2 Wii U. Any input would be great.

Thanks

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
D

Deleted User

I have a pal 3ds if I download a USA region game from freeshop will it work? And am I more likely to get caught and banned?

Youhb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
1. Does it matter which flash card I buy if I'm going to install a CFW?
2. Are there disadventages if I use a card ith preinstalled boot9strap or timebomb, if I install a CFW anyway?
3. Do I even have to keep the flash card inside the DS after I've i stalled a CFW?

I'm sorry for the silly questions, I just purchased a 3DS 5mins ago and am waiting for it's arrival :)

Hunter

i'ma stuffup the board
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.bundleupdates.com
XP
Country
Australia
2. Are there disadventages if I use a card ith preinstalled boot9strap or timebomb, if I install a CFW anyway?
3. Do I even have to keep the flash card inside the DS after I've i stalled a CFW?

I'm sorry for the silly questions, I just purchased a 3DS 5mins ago and am waiting for it's arrival :)
1) it doesnt really matter, unless you want to play DS games also
2) if the card comes preinstalled e.g. https://www.nds-card.com/ProShow.asp?ProID=575 you can flick a switch the change when you wish, without having to flash it again, to do a friends or family members 3DS next time
3) after the 3DS is flashed with B9S etc you do not need to keep the DS card in there

Reactions: Youhb

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia

Correction to above response:
1. Yes, because if you get one that only works on a lower firmware, and you don't have a second already hacked 3DS console or a DS console, you won't be able to use it.

Reactions: Youhb
D

Deleted User

I have a pal 3ds if I download a USA region game from freeshop will it work? And am I more likely to get caught and banned?
Any homebrew or unsupported software you run on your 3ds with the Wi-Fi switch on,you are likely to get a file on your 3ds banned called a LocalFriendCodeSeed_B which is a file that allows your nnid to connect online to Nintendo's server.The bans don't happen at once but in waves,which means you will either get banned along with a bunch of other people or you will be banned in the next banwave or the one after that banwave ect.The banwave are endless and happen after a few months or so.When your seed gets banned you can replace it with either a public seed that gets shared online or you can get anoughter seed from your own secondary 3ds,Which is known as the private seed.Either way if you get your seed banned,you can cheat it by replacing your seed in godmode9 to get online again.

Last edited by ,

Youhb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
1) it doesnt really matter, unless you want to play DS games also
2) if the card comes preinstalled e.g. you can flick a switch the change when you wish, without having to flash it again, to do a friends or family members 3DS next time
3) after the 3DS is flashed with B9S etc you do not need to keep the DS card in there

1. You mean of the card itself? I should be able to run them straight of the device anyway, right?
Btw, my 3DS will have 11.5 or 11.6, so I'll just check compatibility?
2. That's the only adventage?
3. Why couldn't I use a card without switch for another device then? I mean, it isn't need for the other device anymore.

You guys are awesome! Thank you!

Last edited by Youhb,

Hunter

i'ma stuffup the board
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.bundleupdates.com
XP
Country
Australia
1. You mean of the card itself? I should be able to run them straight of the device anyway, right?
2. That's the only adventage?
3. Why couldn't I use a card without switch for another device then? I mean, it isn't need for the other device anymore.

You guys are awesome! Thank you!

1) loading of normal DS games on the 3DS isnt that great, and isnt compatible with all games etc
2) yes
3) you can use the devices without a switch on other devices, but you would need to reflash the ntrboot to it again, then reflash the normal firmware back to use it for DS games

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: https://torrentfreak.com/one-nintendo-dmca-notice-just-wiped-out-8535-yuzu-emulator-forks-240502/