gassen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tunisia
ok so i downloaded the latest luma boot.firm and put it on my sd root
and i downloaded boot.3dsx and put it on my sd root
and i went to finalizing-setup and i finished Section I , but when i put my sd card in my 3ds to do Section II - Updating the System i get this page :
twf5x

twf5x

Last edited by gassen,

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
ok so i downloaded the latest luma boot.firm and put it on my sd root
and i downloaded boot.3dsx and put it on my sd root
and i went to finalizing-setup and i finished Section I , but when i put my sd card in my 3ds to do Section II - Updating the System i get this page :
twf5x
I can't see your image but because you're already on 11.6 you don't need to update.

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok it turn on ....
but i don't have luma3ds , FBI , homebrew and anemone !!
Yes you do have Luma.... It's not an "install" on your homemenu dude. That's the Luma updater you're thinking about, and you need to finish the guide before you're going to have any of that.... Did you install those programs yet? No? Then why in the world would you expect them to be there? Please use your brain. Go back to the guide and finish the finalizing setup section.

ThaDraGun

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That's a good option or you could get the plus version which is pre flashed with ntrboot so you can skip the flashing ntrboot section and just use the switch inside the card. Links are in the first post of this thread.

Just curious, is there a benefit to getting the non-plus version? They are both the same price, why wouldn't everyone just buy the one with the button so they have the option just in case they need it.

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just curious, is there a benefit to getting the non-plus version? They are both the same price, why wouldn't everyone just buy the one with the button so they have the option just in case they need it.
Preference? Same reason they still make manual transmissions but they don't cost $10k less than an automatic.

gassen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tunisia
Yes you do have Luma.... It's not an "install" on your homemenu dude. That's the Luma updater you're thinking about, and you need to finish the guide before you're going to have any of that.... Did you install those programs yet? No? Then why in the world would you expect them to be there? Please use your brain. Go back to the guide and finish the finalizing setup section.

sorry .... but as i say before i'm a noob
i'm only following instruction
and as i say before i wanna get cfw back ..... and you say that i'm done .....
anyway from where should i complete now (what section ??)

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry .... but as i say before i'm a noob
i'm only following instruction
and as i say before i wanna get cfw back ..... and you say that i'm done .....
anyway from where should i complete now (what section ??)
You already have CFW, you haven't lost it. I know you're a noob but I'm trying to tell you what to do and you just keep thinking you don't even have Luma. It's an automatic thing, you don't hit a button to turn on CFW. The pic you posted above PROVES you have it.

I have already told you where to continue from, you linked the section YOURSELF earlier. I can only do so much man. You need to FINISH the guide. Go the the FINALIZING setup section and follow it. https://3ds.guide/finalizing-setup

Reactions: Quantumcat

gassen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tunisia
ok
so i launch the Rosalina menu from the Download Play application and i Select Miscellaneous options then Select “Switch the hb. title to the current app.” then pressed B 3 times and closed the Download Play application
but when i open it again instead of getting the Homebrew Launcher i get this :
https://imgur.com/a/Bg6KF

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok
so i launch the Rosalina menu from the Download Play application and i Select Miscellaneous options then Select “Switch the hb. title to the current app.” then pressed B 3 times and closed the Download Play application
but when i open it again instead of getting the Homebrew Launcher i get this :
https://imgur.com/a/Bg6KF
I can't see that terrible backwards photo Lol but if I had to guess you're more than likely missing the "boot.3dsx" file on the root of your SD card.

Last edited by Majickhat55,

Whoopsies

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Possible brick here. I most recently replaced A9LH with GodMode9 several months ago. I just came back to the 3DS after all that time, and I was under the impression that it was still using Luma, so I updated Luma with the Update App. I'm now getting a power-on light for a second before the light turns off. Holding Select and/or Start while booting does nothing. Can anyone help?

MrJason005

√2
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Possible brick here. I most recently replaced A9LH with GodMode9 several months ago. I just came back to the 3DS after all that time, and I was under the impression that it was still using Luma, so I updated Luma with the Update App. I'm now getting a power-on light for a second before the light turns off. Holding Select and/or Start while booting does nothing. Can anyone help?
Do you have A9LH?
You can't replace A9LH with GodMode9. GodMode9 is a program that A9LH would load, you can't have one without the other.
Do you mean to say that you replaced A9LH with B9S?

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Do this: https://3ds.guide/updating-b9s
I think this was mentioned in the first post of this thread also.

Whoopsies

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hmm. No dice yet. Still having the same issue - I can't complete the second part since I only get a power-on light for a second when I try to boot the chainloader.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: "I'm cheating on you with your hamster's cousin's owner's dog's favorite tree" +1