• Replies 53,774
  • Likes 43

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
What is the way to reinitialize save data for a SD installed title? I went ahead and deleted USUM saves with JKSM and then the title only ever said save file corrupt asking me to go back to home. I then tried to delete the .sav files and the titles outright crashed the firmware on launch, requiring me to reinstall them. What should I have done instead?

Radamanthys2013

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
So, between a Sky3DS or attempting the unlock with the R4 and the magnet, what of these options would you guys think is the best? One of the keys factors that concerns me is the long term support of new games.

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, between a Sky3DS or attempting the unlock with the R4 and the magnet, what of these options would you guys think is the best? One of the keys factors that concerns me is the long term support of new games.
custom firmware with ntrboot with a DS flashcart is absolutely the best method. it's cheaper and will bring you more features. you will be able to play all future games. plus DS games too, if you ever want to do that.

FrankBlank

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just picked up a 3DS that already has some homebrew and games installed on it. It is on 11.0.0-33U and has homebrew launcher 1.1.0 and is running Luma3DS.

I have been told I should install b9s. I don't know much beyond that honestly.

From reading a few guides the process seems so far to be to upgrade to b9s and then install a new emunand (11.6?). Is there anything I should be aware of? I don't really care if I lose anything that is currently on the 3DS and sort of would rather just start from a fresh install since none of the games/saves are mine.

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just picked up a 3DS that already has some homebrew and games installed on it. It is on 11.0.0-33U and has homebrew launcher 1.1.0 and is running Luma3DS.

I have been told I should install b9s. I don't know much beyond that honestly.

From reading a few guides the process seems so far to be to upgrade to b9s and then install a new emunand (11.6?). Is there anything I should be aware of? I don't really care if I lose anything that is currently on the 3DS and sort of would rather just start from a fresh install since none of the games/saves are mine.
If you do not have a emunand on that console. You should look at just setting up the sysnand on that console. The only guide you should be reading would be https://3ds.guide/a9lh-to-b9s for updating your console. If it have boot.firm on the sd card of the system then you would already have b9s.

FrankBlank

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you do not have a emunand on that console. You should look at just setting up the sysnand on that console. The only guide you should be reading would be for updating your console. If it have boot.firm on the sd card of the system then you would already have b9s.

Correction. I just figured out the difference between sys and emunand. The actual system is on 9.0.0 and the emunand is on 11.0.0. Does that make a difference?

ShadyGhost

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey I have a question. I installed CFW successfully onto my new 2ds XL then I system transferred from my new 3ds which had CFW but for some reason all my cias are gone like FBI etc. What do I need to do?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Hey I have a question. I installed CFW successfully onto my new 2ds XL then I system transferred from my new 3ds which had CFW but for some reason all my cias are gone like FBI etc. What do I need to do?
Only stuff bought from the eShop will show up. Use tikShop to get back your games and follow https://3ds.guide/finalizing-setup to get back your homebrew apps.

Reactions: ShadyGhost

overtherainbow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
That's a yes. b9s is just newer. Use 3ds.guide to update to b9s from A9LH, it's easy. Just update luma and go from a9lh to b9s.

I tried to do exactly that and I followed every single step on 3ds guide correctly but when I go to the point where I should reinsert my sd card to my 3ds and press start SafeB9SInstaller I just get godmode9
and when I start my 3ds without pressing start I only see my dsi ware games and I don't find my 3ds games or freeshop or themes or anything like that.

I tried formatting my card and paste the files again but nothing is happening.
can someone help please?

Last edited by overtherainbow,

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so.. I need some help.

I have an old 3ds XL and I hacked it myself following 3ds guide, been using it for months with no problem, yada yada.
Then yesterday I went to make space for US/UM on my SD card and since I had a lot of crap and I was really sleepy and just wanted to make space quick so I could leave the game downloading while I slept, I decided to just delete things straight from the sd (incredibly dumb, I know). I did not make a back up of my SD since I though it wasn't necessary as I'm aware the 3DS is nearly impossible to brick noawadays, and I do have the obrigatory nand backups in case I did manage to brick.
So my dumb ass went and deleted the contents inside the title folder, located inside the Nintendo 3DS folder, as they were the heaviest in the SD so I figured they were virtual shop stuff or something.
Long story short, after I booted my 3ds again, my theme was gone and so did every homebrew I had. The 3DS itself still works, the dsi games I had (bomberman still work, all of the native apps are there. But every homebrew was changed into a black square with no title or anything, and when I tried to access them It gives me an error screen on the bottom screen said the game card was removed, and pressing any buttom reboots the console.

Luma is still there, as the power+select while booting the console brings me to the luma menu. But I have no idea what I'm supposed to do in this case, lol.
Everything else in the SD is still there, only the contents of that folder were deleted.

sys 11.6.0-32U, luma3ds v8. 1.1.

The only thing I found while searching was a tutorial incase you lost/corrupted your entire sd, but its for a9lh and I'm on boot9strap, so I have no idea where to start.

Just do the finalizing setup in the Guide and go from there or just reinstall whatever homebrew you had.

Im confuzed is pokemon usum on freeshop yet? Its not showing up for me

It's been on there. If you still don't see it, go ask in the freeShop thread, the Paulwhatever's fork one. Your freeShop should be version 3.1.7.

What is the way to reinitialize save data for a SD installed title? I went ahead and deleted USUM saves with JKSM and then the title only ever said save file corrupt asking me to go back to home. I then tried to delete the .sav files and the titles outright crashed the firmware on launch, requiring me to reinstall them. What should I have done instead?

You should have pressed UP + X + B to reset the save data at the title screen.

What is considered unsafe and something that will brick your console in CFW right now?

Improper use of GodMode9, FBI, or any other thing capable of deleting necessary files. Improper physical modding by unskilled people. Dropping it in a pool, etc. I think you get the idea.

FrankBlank

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So once I install b9s it is safe to update the firmware. I''m at the finalizing portion of the guide. If in the settings it says Sys instead of Ver am I safe to update?

overtherainbow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
can someone help me please?
I tried to update my 3ds from a9lh to b9s and I followed every single step on 3ds.guide but when I go to the point where I should reinsert my sd card to my 3ds and press start to get to SafeB9SInstaller I just get godmode9
and when I start my 3ds without pressing start I only see my dsiware games and I don't find my 3ds games or freeshop or themes or anything like that.

I tried formatting my card and paste the files again to it but I still get the godmode9

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I tried to do exactly that and I followed every single step on 3ds guide correctly but when I go to the point where I should reinsert my sd card to my 3ds and press start SafeB9SInstaller I just get godmode9
and when I start my 3ds without pressing start I only see my dsi ware games and I don't find my 3ds games or freeshop or themes or anything like that.

I tried formatting my card and paste the files again but nothing is happening.
can someone help please?
Do you have arm9loaderhax.bin from Luma 7.0.5 on the root of your SD card and SafeB9SInstaller.bin in the luma/payloads folder?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work